Moparts

GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it?

Posted By: Curt

GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 09:22 PM

Don't want to spend 3 LARGE to get FAST engine management system.
Any help?
Curt
Please keep this limited to GM LS systems, not interested in other systems.
I believe I have seen a Magnum (LA) engine converted...
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 09:36 PM

I wouldn't wanna tackle the wiring nightmare of adapting the LS Harness to a Dodge computer.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 09:39 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't wanna tackle the wiring nightmare of adapting the LS Harness to a Dodge computer.

He would be using a reprogrammed LS computer. However for the cost associated with buying and retuning that GM ecu/harness I would be looking into an efi system like megasquirt. But since you don't want to hear about that, all I can say is good luck and it won't be as cheap or easy as you think.

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 09:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He would be using a reprogrammed LS computer.

D'oh! Forgot about that aspect. Still a pita though, cause one will be replacing pigtails/adding lengths of wire/etc.
Posted By: Curt

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 10:10 PM

The harness is really no big deal. The cam and crank sensors are what I am curious about. Durability and reliability is hard to beat with factory stuff. Parts failure fixing is just a parts house away. Chry is not fond of modding their software.
Thanks
Curt
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 10:27 PM

not sure the Chrysler sensors will send the proper signals to the GM ECU. I would look into that before I spent a nickle.

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 10:53 PM

How many wires does the 3G hemi use @ the crank sensor?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: GM LS controller/harness to 3GHemi who has done it? - 03/24/12 11:05 PM

I have a buddy thats done quite a bit of work with LS ECM's connected to different engines.. Mostly Lexus V-8's in drift vehicles.. Anyway the thing that took more sorting than anything else has been getting the crank angle sensor/trigger wheel properly synced, it is critical & he wound up machining three trigger wheel adapters before he got it right.... Since then it's just a program & he sends it to his CNC mill.. Strangely all the threads for the ECT knock sensors matched up, he uses the GM TB, he burns his own programs, has a load cell dyno & generally is a very sharp guy... if it took him three tries I don't know your background but I can tell you it isn't easy... But that said there are so many options in the GM ECM you can make it do practically anything...
© 2024 Moparts Forums