Moparts

"Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ?

Posted By: dg_dodge

"Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ? - 10/23/08 02:18 AM

Hi Guys,
Was wondering if anyone knew where to get a wire connector (pigtail, I think it is called?) which is used to plug into the bolt on the Fuel Sending Unit back? Is this a Mopar-specific type connector or something that is widely available?

Thanks!

Attached picture 4767118-back.jpg
Posted By: reno340

Re: "Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ? - 10/23/08 04:39 AM

Here's where I got mine. Haven't used it yet but it looks good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-GAS...emZ230270605104

Hope this helps.
Posted By: scamper340

Re: "Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ? - 10/23/08 04:53 AM

On my '71 Scamp, the original connector is a 90 degree rubber connector that completely covers the terminal, nut and all. (My sending unit has a nut securing the threaded terminal). If you're not concerned about being correct, I'd try a female bullet connector for size. I just went down to the garage and checked, a yellow bullet connector is a fairly close fit. Not sure what guage that is as I'm a novice electrical guy. If you're concerned about the nut and terminal being exposed to the elements, you could use some heat shrink to cover the exposed area. Leave a little extra and let it "unshrunk" on the open end of the female connector. I hope I explained that right. Otherwise, I guess you could check around and find a donor and splice it in. I'd think it shouldn't be too hard to find, being a common item to most Mopars. Again, I'm no wiring guru, and hopefully I'm not speaking out my butt, lol. Good luck.

Edit: Or you could follow the advice above and just buy a new one, LOL. Guess he got the jump on me.
Posted By: CR8CRSHR

Re: "Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ? - 10/23/08 05:42 PM

Quote:

Here's where I got mine. Haven't used it yet but it looks good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-GAS...emZ230270605104

Hope this helps.

Frederick Dodge carries them...
Posted By: reno340

Re: "Pigtail" wire connector for Fuel Sending Unit ? - 10/23/08 07:09 PM

Uhhh.... They are Fredrick Dodge

© 2024 Moparts Forums