Moparts

denso altinator upgrade

Posted By: stateroadhog

denso altinator upgrade - 03/14/12 12:17 PM

Okay I have the altinator and brackets to put on my 440. Read the mad electric page and now am total confused how to wire it. Anyone have a simple diagram to wire it. Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/14/12 04:17 PM

You could run the large output stud to the firewall bulkhead like normal or the Madd bypass run it from the alt (directly) to the starter relay. Not sure how the field wires differ on the Denso compared to Mopar but that's seperate from the bypass conversion
Posted By: AndyF

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/14/12 04:33 PM

If you bought one of my conversion kits then it should have had 4 pages of instructions including a wiring diagram.
Posted By: stateroadhog

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/14/12 11:13 PM

It is one of yours I bought it on Craigs list. No instructions with it. Thanks for replying

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/15/12 12:49 AM

There are some instructions on my website but they aren't as good as the printed ones. PM me your address and I'll mail you a set of instructions.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/15/12 02:57 AM

I have one off a 89-90 dodge pickup i could use some instructions / help also
Posted By: 71yelladustr

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/15/12 03:28 AM

I too have an alternator off of a 90 model pickup on my duster. Works great. I used a alternator fusible link for an 06 truck on the large battery stud going to the battery. The other 2 small studs are the field wires and hook them up as you would a normal chrysler alternator. Put the blue wire to one and the green to the other. using your existing voltage regulator. Just make sure to the alternator is grounded good to the block and it should work fine. What ever you do dont use the factory amp gauge for battery power.

Re: denso altinator upgrade - 03/15/12 04:03 AM

http://www.arengineering.com/alternatorbracket/ND_bracket/denso.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums