Moparts

71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy??

Posted By: E-Ticket

71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/11/12 07:34 PM

I really hate aftermarket parts but I need a fuel tank & sending unit for a daily driver and hate to spend money on the same parts more than once!

Who offers the best quality of fuel tanks & fuel tank sending units?

Who has had good & bad luck with which companies?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/11/12 08:44 PM

Quanta
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/12/12 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quanta

Thanks. I just looked them up and it looks like a very nice product and reasonably priced! I don't mind spending the money for well made reproduction parts as long as what I am buying is as nice of quality as possible being that they are reproduction items.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/12/12 02:18 PM

whatee ever you do DONT buy anything from Car Parts Discount.its crap.luckily i had an old unit because i had to use the lock ring from it because the one i got from CPD was to thin and flimsy to tighten down the unit.i guess there,s a reason they are cheaper.
Posted By: EWJ

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/12/12 06:45 PM

Rockauto sells the Quanta tanks- at a better price than anyone else, even after shipping. I picked up my 69 GTX tank from them for $132/Shipped.
Posted By: 300by500

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/12/12 06:56 PM

I got one of these off of ebay for my Dart, very nice tank made in Canada, but I plan on using a thicker ring gasket than the one that came with it. DO NOT get a Chinese tank, I've heard from guys who tried them that the finish washes off. These Spectra tanks are good quality with a 3 year warranty and are zinc coated. I plan on buying another one for my '69 Barracuda. Pretty sure they'd have one for your GTX.

Dodge Dart gas tank
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: 71 RR / GTX Fuel Tank, Sending Unit - Where to Buy?? - 03/12/12 07:26 PM

Quote:

I really hate aftermarket parts but I need a fuel tank & sending unit for a daily driver and hate to spend money on the same parts more than once!

Who offers the best quality of fuel tanks & fuel tank sending units?

Who has had good & bad luck with which companies?

Thanks in advance for your input!

There are still a few OEM units left here: http://www.dixierestorationparts.com/products.cfm?ci=3FF69BF0-F80D-6B34-1166AF7D0EA0BF5C
© 2024 Moparts Forums