Moparts

what is it called???

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

what is it called??? - 05/21/08 12:39 PM

trying to get the brakes set up in my 70. What is the name of the part that the main brake line from the front attachs to and the rubber line then goes to the splitter on the rear? Rear brake block?
Posted By: BlakDak

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 12:58 PM

distribution block?

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 01:03 PM

Quote:

distribution block?

That's what I thought but I can not find any parts store (online) that carries it. Lines, brakes, P-valves, rebuild kits no problem. Any ideas who might stock them?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:36 PM

Try rear brake tee.
Posted By: Moonraker

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:39 PM

How about proportioning valve
Posted By: Ronnman

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:40 PM

Try Inline tube.
Ron

http://www.inlinetube.com/

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:41 PM

Quote:

How about proportioning valve

If it is at the front, going to the rear brake tee, then yes, it is the prop valve.

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:47 PM

It's not a P-Valve. It just transisions the hard line to the rubber line that attaches to the rear splitter/distribution valve.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:51 PM

Quote:

It's not a P-Valve. It just transisions the hard line to the rubber line that attaches to the rear splitter/distribution valve.

the rear line connects directly to the rubber line , there is no transition block

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:53 PM

this is kinda what I need. Is it part of the factory line? If it is none of the pictures show it. They all are just straight hoses.

Attached picture 4441858-bh1.jpg
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:55 PM

My rear rubber hose came with it attached if I get what your saying.

72 Swinger rear brake house from Raybestos

Attached picture 4441860-getimage.jpg

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:57 PM

Quote:

this is kinda what I need. Is it part of the factory line? If it is none of the pictures show it. They all are just straight hoses.

i thought the rubber line just plug into the bracket and then a clip . which should have come with the line , held it in place ?

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 02:59 PM

Quote:

Chrysler sells a "lock" that holds the brake line in place, is that what it is? I will go out and look at one here.

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:07 PM

yeah, I searched a bunch of stores online, including fine lines and none of the pictures shows the bracket attatched. And yes I believe it is held in by a clip.

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:09 PM

Isn't that square the retaining clip?

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:22 PM

Quote:

i don't remember seeing that square on the line on my car ??

but then again it's been a long time since i swapped one of those

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:23 PM

I found some brackets that came with brake lines from Chrysler. Would this work, or is it what you need?

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i don't remember seeing that square on the line on my car ??

but then again it's been a long time since i swapped one of those

Just looked under the back of the Duster - the bracket is part of the car, non-removable and the retaining clip is one of those C-style ones - no square. Maybe bolt something like the one shown above on there?

Re: what is it called??? - 05/21/08 03:45 PM

"Just looked under the back of the Duster - the bracket is part of the car, non-removable and the retaining clip is one of those C-style ones - no square. Maybe bolt something like the one shown above on there?"

Pretty sure these were from 70's truck lines. The parts book shows the car one as a non-serviced part, maybe yours is broken off. If you could make these work, I would give them to you if you could cover the postage.
© 2024 Moparts Forums