Moparts

Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley

Posted By: moparrulzzz

Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 12:26 AM

I am running a Holley 770 Ultra Street Avenger on my 440 with a Edelbrock RPM intake and the AR engineering throttle bracket that uses the OEM Kick down linkage ( I know not the correct term)and throttle cable. AR's bracket raises everything to compenaste for the higher Intake...Anyway I need to know what Throttle Linkage stud I need to hook everything up without getting all complicated...
Anyone help me out??
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 12:43 AM

Does that Holley have the #20-7 Mopar Throttle Lever Extension?

Attached picture 7111263-Holley-20-7.jpg

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 12:47 AM

Yes , forgot to add that info. I bought it seperately, totally wasnt thinking about the stud to attach everything!!
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 01:01 AM

you don't need that. You can inlarge the middle hole a tad and fit the stock piece right thru it. I think I have one of those brackets if you really want one.
Posted By: vandude

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 01:38 AM

If you are talking about one of these (attached to 20-7 bracket):

you can grab one off any 70's Dodge 2-bbl-equipped V8 trucks or vans.

It works fine on my '77 Tradesman (with mildly-modified stock linkage and RPM/Holley intake combo)

Posted By: AndyF

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 03:21 AM

Use the stock stud. They are getting harder to find in the wrecking yards so you might need to buy a reproduction throttle stud. Hoffman's Winners Circle has the entire line of Mopar throttle studs and Hoffman's sells to a ton of Mopar vendors. So you can buy that part most anywhere.

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 03:25 AM

Thnx Guys!!! I will look for a a stock one Andy!
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 09:53 PM

This page shows the various studs and what they fit:

http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/cat08.htm
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 03/10/12 10:06 PM

Quote:

you don't need that. You can inlarge the middle hole a tad and fit the stock piece right thru it. I think I have one of those brackets if you really want one.

No , he needs it along with the correct stud pictured above if he is going to use the stock throttle pressure linkage .
Posted By: 68charger440strk

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 06/13/14 07:26 PM

Sorry to jump someone else's thread, but since it perfectly describes my situation and is no longer an active thread I thought it would be ok to tag along rather than re-describing everything in this thread.

I can't see a problem with following the advice to just drill the hole larger, making it so that the stock stud will fit. I have been studying my 870 street avenger sitting on my Eddy performer RPM intake and can't see anything that will be at an awkward angle or any other problems with doing that. What am I missing?
Posted By: therocks

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 06/13/14 08:50 PM

On my Dominator I just used the 2 piece setup that fills the large hole.Then used an OE stud.I run a 4 speed so no kick down.IIRC I used pretty much the same om my Ram Charger with kick down.Rocky
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Throttle linkage stud help needed....Holley - 06/16/14 12:22 AM

Attached picture 8177240-4612S002.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums