Moparts

Anybody got a handle on....

Posted By: Moonraker

Anybody got a handle on.... - 03/09/12 11:15 PM

a new speedometer cable for a 74 Abody? Go figure its one of the last things I need to get my car street ready and its on nationwide back order. Called everywhere and nobody has them. Just a side complaint whats the deal with speedometer pinions being $70-$90? Thats almost as bad as a $200 for a door mirror.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Anybody got a handle on.... - 03/09/12 11:20 PM

Have you tried O'Reilly's or auto zone or NAPA?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Anybody got a handle on.... - 03/09/12 11:26 PM

Quote:

a new speedometer cable for a 74 Abody? Go figure its one of the last things I need to get my car street ready and its on nationwide back order. Called everywhere and nobody has them. Just a side complaint whats the deal with speedometer pinions being $70-$90? Thats almost as bad as a $200 for a door mirror.

You must be going to the dealer for that stuff , place a want ad for it in the correct place and you should find it fairly easily and reasonable.

Re: Anybody got a handle on.... - 03/09/12 11:38 PM

I think the ones at Autozone and Napa are a foot longer than stock which will come into contact with my headers if thats the case.

Re: Anybody got a handle on.... - 03/09/12 11:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You must be going to the dealer for that stuff , place a want ad for it in the correct place and you should find it fairly easily and reasonable.

No I checked the site sponsors and everyone lists those speedometer pinions for $70-$90 for a 40 tooth. Brewers has them used for $50 I will prob go that route.
© 2024 Moparts Forums