Moparts

Post B-Body Conversion

Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 02:21 PM

Has anyone converted a HardTop to a POST?
I have a 68` Satellite that I`m considering converting.
Things I know I would need: door glass
quarter glass
What about interior stuff?

I`ve always like the post B-bodies best.
Thanks in advance for the feedback

Attached picture 7102633-DSC00012.JPG
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 04:59 PM

Leave it alone. If you want a post sell yours and buy one.
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 05:27 PM

Quote:

Leave it alone. If you want a post sell yours and buy one.

X2
Posted By: cbusters

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 05:46 PM

The VIN would also be inaccurate, should you ever decide to bring it to Florida and put it in an auction, it may not be sold! We only allow that if you don't get caught!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 06:14 PM

T answer your question instead of giving an opinion that was not solicited ...

Yes it could be done , wit hall the interior parts pulled away and the headliner loose you can see where the post would go since much of the sheetmetal is shared between the 2 body styles .

You would need a number of interior parts also , the filler under the rear window , the strip that goes along the top of the pinch weld for the head liner , the roof rail weather strip and the the piece of SS that holds it. There is difference in the under structure , exactly what ??? A post coupe is lighter than a hardtop , there are structural parts added to the hardtop that aren't needed on the post car .

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 10:35 PM

Quote:

T answer your question instead of giving an opinion that was not solicited ...

Yes it could be done , wit hall the interior parts pulled away and the headliner loose you can see where the post would go since much of the sheetmetal is shared between the 2 body styles .

You would need a number of interior parts also , the filler under the rear window , the strip that goes along the top of the pinch weld for the head liner , the roof rail weather strip and the the piece of SS that holds it. There is difference in the under structure , exactly what ??? A post coupe is lighter than a hardtop , there are structural parts added to the hardtop that aren't needed on the post car .

Thanks,that answered my question.
More trouble than its worth.

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/04/12 10:41 PM

Quote:

The VIN would also be inaccurate, should you ever decide to bring it to Florida and put it in an auction, it may not be sold! We only allow that if you don't get caught!

Thats one of the dumbest replies I`ve ever read.
"VIN would`nt be accurate"

Better not change color,gear ratio,hood scoop, auto to manual, no vinyl top,different tire size, engine,4bbl to 2bbl etc..............
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/05/12 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Better not change color,gear ratio,hood scoop, auto to manual, no vinyl top,different tire size, engine,4bbl to 2bbl etc..............

Well, he is right. The options you mention are not part of the VIN. But there is a difference in the VIN between coupe, hardtop and convertible (RM21, RM23 and RM37 IIRC).
Posted By: cbusters

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/05/12 04:25 AM

He didn't consider the Body Codes in the Vin Number. But it was a dumb answer to the question.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Post B-Body Conversion - 03/05/12 05:03 AM

Quote:

You must not read the board very often ...
© 2024 Moparts Forums