Moparts

best place to get reproduction seat covers?

Posted By: Jerry

best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/04/12 02:18 PM

i'm looking to get some new seat covers for my 71 challenger. year one just sent me a 25% discount code that ends tonight. which makes the seat covers about $300. is there a better/cheaper place to get these? also is there anything else i should be buying to go along with them?
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/04/12 02:28 PM

Dante posted his annual sale on interior parts in the hot deals section. Send him a email about your needs.

Year One warning if they don't have it in stock it might be months before you get the parts. Oh and they charge up front. My friend got strung along for 5 months to get the white interior for his Dart.
Posted By: Tadams

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/06/12 01:24 AM

I bought mine from Dante's for my 65 Barracuda. Well satisfied with product and price.
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/06/12 03:16 AM

I just buy mine from legendary. try to order at shows and get a discount. always been happy with their stuff.
Posted By: bee71mopar

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/06/12 03:17 AM

Quote:

I just buy mine from legendary. try to order at shows and get a discount. always been happy with their stuff.

Posted By: 2002bluert

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/06/12 05:40 AM

Go with the legendary I have bought a few sets for cars I have had over the years and they have a great product.And have sales on all the time just watch for them or call and ask when their next sale is on.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/06/12 06:33 AM

My Year One interior story...

First I'll tell you I'd had two previous experiences with Year One that were far less than satisfactory so when I called about my interior I was skeptical.... This was back around 89-90 timeframe.... I called looking for a set of front & rear seat covers for a 70 Challenger R/T SE I spoke to the salesman & he said they had the covers in stock... I told him I'd like him to physically put his hands on them since on two previous occasions I'd been told the part was in stock, they took my money & in both cases it was over a year & in fact close to two years for one item... He put me on hold & came back a few minutes later & told me that he'd personally put his hands on them.... I almost bought his story but something told me to hold off..... I'd heard of Legendary but they were a much smaller operation back then.. I decided to give them a call.... I spoke to the person on the phone, told him what I was looking for & that YO had told me they had it in stock... He immediately told me that that wasn't possible as at the time they were YO's exclusive seat cover supplier and Legendary didn't have a pattern for the rear seat... They would be happy to supply the front covers but they couldn't supply a rear cover....... Well I had a nearly perfect rear seat, it had one small cut about 1/2" long... So I provided the rear seat pattern & got a great deal on my seats.... Virtually the last time I got sucked into dealing with YO..
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/07/12 12:30 AM

I ordered some seat covers from Year One last Friday for my '68 Sport Satellite, so we'll see..........
Posted By: 1970A66

Re: best place to get reproduction seat covers? - 03/07/12 01:50 AM

My 70 Challenger has Legendary covers. They are awesome looking and have held up well. Came on the car when I bought it..........
© 2024 Moparts Forums