Moparts

Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads

Posted By: Blakcharger440

Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/02/12 10:55 PM

I am wanting to build a 500ci Hemi or larger for my 68 Charger project. It will be a street/strip type of build.

Where is a good place to buy the 426 aluminum Hemi heads and iron block at? I am wanting the block to have the RB type mounts.
What should I look for in purchasing a new iron 426 block and aluminum heads?

Should I buy the block in rough or finished bore? What about the lifter bores finish?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/02/12 11:01 PM

First off, if you dont care about O.E appearance, I would start by looking at the world products block mopar sells. If you do car about appearance, look for a good older mopar performance block pre world casting. As far as aluminum heads, I would look for a set from mopar cast by edelbrock, not the earlier mopar castings. Ebay is your friend.

Re: Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/02/12 11:08 PM

Quote:

First off, if you dont care about O.E appearance, I would start by looking at the world products block mopar sells. If you do car about appearance, look for a good older mopar performance block pre world casting. As far as aluminum heads, I would look for a set from mopar cast by edelbrock, not the earlier mopar castings. Ebay is your friend.

I do not care about stock appearance. I didnt find much on ebay...I will check again.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/02/12 11:21 PM

Blak,

check your PMS.

Re: Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/02/12 11:36 PM

Quote:

Blak,

check your PMS.

I didnt receive a PM.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Good place to buy 426 Hemi block and heads - 03/03/12 12:18 AM

I know of a complete 528 crate Hemi that is for sale if you're interested. Shoot me a PM if you want the seller's contact info.

Attached picture 7100341-rocker.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums