Moparts

69 M code cuda; How to tell if real.

Posted By: fig426

69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:16 AM

I know e-bodies, but definately not A bodies let alone M code cars. Does anyone have an idiots starter course for knowing what to look for on these cars?
Thanks!!!!
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:24 AM

torque boxes on rear near front spring hanger.

also extra supports in trunk..

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:29 AM

thanks! any pics of trunk supports?
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:40 AM

Quote:

thanks! any pics of trunk supports?

its been years since I had my 67 GTS 383 car.. I am sure there are more differances.. I just cant remember
Posted By: hemi_harvester

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 04:17 AM

Automatics only, console only no power steering.Drum brakes.
8 3/4 rear axle A13 on fender tag.
very special 440 ONLY left exhaust manifold.specail 440 only left motor mount bolts to block on oil pump bosses.
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 06:16 AM

Hmm - 5th digit of the serial number is an "M"??
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:12 PM

Quote:

that would be a place to start along with check the rad support and trunk lip numbers match the the 8 of the vin .

if the VIN tag is nice and new and the car is a rat trap ... RED FLAG , same goes for the fender tag .

if the barracudas are anything like the darts then the car started life as a 383 AUTOMATIC car .
Posted By: HPMike

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 01:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that would be a place to start along with check the rad support and trunk lip numbers match the the 8 of the vin .

if the VIN tag is nice and new and the car is a rat trap ... RED FLAG , same goes for the fender tag .

if the barracudas are anything like the darts then the car started life as a 383 AUTOMATIC car .

I had a real M code notchback at the shop and it is owned by a guy who is very knowledgeable on those cars. He usually pokes around on here, I will give him a call and see if he can shed some light on this...

MB

Attached picture 4763955-mcodecuda004(Medium).jpg

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/21/08 11:38 PM

Thanks everyone. Are there any sites that are specific to the big block a-bodies,, or a-bodies in general where I can learn more?
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/22/08 12:19 AM

www.forabodiesonly.com

www.bigblockdart.com
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/22/08 02:19 AM

I am helping to restore several M-Code Barracudas and Darts and have known these cars for years. Check the GTS registry for specific info that Frank put together. I have never heard nor seen anything special about the trunks though! Anything special you need to know?

Re: 69 M code cuda; How to tell if real. - 10/24/08 11:59 PM

Quote:

I am helping to restore several M-Code Barracudas and Darts and have known these cars for years. Check the GTS registry for specific info that Frank put together. I have never heard nor seen anything special about the trunks though! Anything special you need to know?

I've been chewing on the idea of a M code cuda, but don't know a whole lot about them. I know E-bodies well but am thinking about picking up a M code fastback. So I figured I better know what I'm looking for before I start plunking down some serious cash. I've been finding alot of interesting stuff thanks to everyone here!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums