Moparts

Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ?

Posted By: MileHighDart

Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ? - 02/20/12 09:26 PM

Just wondering, I'm working on paint and interior stuff. I want to remove the dash cluster, and then the whole dash to paint it, but I dont want the car to be dissabled. I'd still like to move the car outside when working on other things.
Is this possible ?
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ? - 02/20/12 09:40 PM

Yes will work fine. I usually leave the wiring with the dash when I pull it, but in this case you'll need to leave it with the car. Also, you'll have to bolt together the two ammeter wires if you want the battery to charge.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ? - 02/20/12 09:50 PM

Quote:

Yes Also, you'll have to bolt together the two ammeter wires if you want the battery to charge.

Yep...and worth wrapping them with abit of electrical tape after you bolt them together...just to stop any chance of accidently shorting them to ground while they or you move stuff around them while working.
Posted By: MileHighDart

Re: Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ? - 02/20/12 09:58 PM

Thanks guys, thats good news.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Will my dart run with the dash cluster removed ? - 02/20/12 10:10 PM

Quote:

Yes will work fine. I usually leave the wiring with the dash when I pull it, but in this case you'll need to leave it with the car. Also, you'll have to bolt together the two ammeter wires if you want the battery to charge.

You need to bolt those two together just to make it run.... But yeah it'll run... I took a 150+ mile trip with no dash in the early eighties....
© 2024 Moparts Forums