Moparts

Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source?

Posted By: cudabitten

Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 02:11 PM

Hi, Can you purchase the positive caster upper control arm bushings in polyurethane? I also need lowers too, and strut bushings. I'd like to buy everything from one vender. 74 Barracuda.
Thanks,
Chris.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 05:56 PM

No one makes a poly offset upper arm bushing. I have read that the rigidness of poly actually creates a bind with the pivot motion of the arm when they are made with an offset. The rubber offset bushings allow enough compliance for this to not be an issue.
Posted By: cudabitten

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 06:16 PM

Thank you, that does make sense.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 06:20 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7024037&an=0&page=0

Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 08:13 PM

I tried to find those pedders UCA bushings and NONE of the companies listed on pedders site were bothered enough to reply.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 09:31 PM

At $120 plus shipping for those poly band-aids, you might be better off buying new UCAs

It's been 3-4yrs, but I only paid $200 for Just Suspension's UCA with ball joints and bushings installed.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Polyurethane Upper Bushings Positive Caster Source? - 02/17/12 09:56 PM

Quote:

I tried to find those pedders UCA bushings and NONE of the companies listed on pedders site were bothered enough to reply.

I just get my buddy to go a few miles down the road and grab them from the Pedders shop in Lilydale.
© 2024 Moparts Forums