Moparts

Dash lights

Posted By: DANA60

Dash lights - 02/15/12 12:52 PM

My dash lights on my 71 B seem a little low in brightness, not bad, but I always wished they were brighter. Do they make a higher watt bulb, and is it OK to use them?

Attached picture 7072214-IMG_3411_1_1.JPG
Posted By: CYACOP

Re: Dash lights - 02/15/12 06:39 PM

Run your headlights through relays directly off the battery and get better headlights and brighter dash lights at the same time. Plus its easier than pulling the dash to get at some of those bulbs.
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: Dash lights - 02/15/12 06:43 PM

Quote:

Run your headlights through relays directly off the battery and get better headlights and brighter dash lights at the same time. Plus its easier than pulling the dash to get at some of those bulbs.

x2

(Although, the LEDs in my dash are a little brighter than the incandescents and don't put out as much heat...)
Posted By: shanker

Re: Dash lights - 02/16/12 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

x2

(Although, the LEDs in my dash are a little brighter than the incandescents and don't put out as much heat...)

I've upgraded all my old cars to LED's...they're brighter and they produce very little heat...you have to get all the right colors though, meaning get the same color LED as the lens its shining thru (Green for Turn Signal's, Blue for Hi-Beam Indicator, Red for Warning lights, etc...) and buy the nice ones...I got the cheepies off of ebay and ended up replacing them all because they sucked...I've spend several hundred dollars alone on LED bulbs and couldn't be happier...especially in the side of the console where I use to burn my legs all the time.
Posted By: feets

Re: Dash lights - 02/16/12 11:09 PM

Buy your LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com BUT do not put the high intensity bulbs in the turn signal and high beam indicators. They are WAY too bright. My high beam indicator is so bright that it blinds me at night.

Use LEDs in the same color as the lens. If you put a white LED behind a blue lens you will get a bright white light with a wee tiny bit of blue tint.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Dash lights - 02/16/12 11:13 PM

SuperBrightLED has a wide selection. Surfing their website was sometimes confusing, but now I'm used to it.
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: Dash lights - 02/17/12 12:09 AM

all my lamps are lit on the duster,and they seem to be bright enough.now the 61 is another story.im going to try and get them going this spring,way cool luminesent lighting,if they work.
Posted By: shanker

Re: Dash lights - 02/17/12 04:52 AM

Quote:

Buy your LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com BUT do not put the high intensity bulbs in the turn signal and high beam indicators. They are WAY too bright. My high beam indicator is so bright that it blinds me at night.

Use LEDs in the same color as the lens. If you put a white LED behind a blue lens you will get a bright white light with a wee tiny bit of blue tint.

thats where I got mine as well...
© 2024 Moparts Forums