Moparts

PVC location question

Posted By: Moparnut426

PVC location question - 02/14/12 05:36 PM

This may seem like a dumb question for some of you guys, but on a 69 sixpack intake, where does the pvc valve hook up to? and on whick side is the pvc valve cover go on?

Im thinking its the back of the intake, and the vc goes on the drivers side, but I can not confirm that.

Kasey
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 05:44 PM

PVC is located in the plumbing aisle...

PCV plugs into the passenger side of the center carb...
Posted By: stumble bee

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 06:03 PM

'69 valve covers,the oil fill goes on the drivers side front segment
and the PCV valve goes on the pass side rear segment
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 06:19 PM

Kasey, I hope it is okay to ask this in your thread. How important is it to have a PCV valve in addition to the crank case breather that is plumbed to the air cleaner? Can the PCV be eliminated on an older street driven car?
Posted By: stumble bee

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 06:41 PM

I think you should run a PCV valve, too much crank case pressure can cause gasket oil leaks everywhere, also you could have better ring seal with positive crankcase ventilation
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 07:11 PM

LOL,,, Sorry for the bad case of dyslexia. And spelling....

And thanks, I know there is a plug on the back of the intake, and it looks like its for a vacum tree. Also this is a 70 set up on a 69 engine, and well its going in a 88 rancharger. But I want it to look correct, and function properly.

Thanks again guys.

KAsey
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: PVC location question - 02/14/12 07:12 PM

Thank you Shawn. I was really hoping for a different answer, but I am sure you're right...darn it:) Thank you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums