Moparts

DUAL EXHAUST COST

Posted By: Magnumguy

DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/27/12 11:45 PM

Wondering, what would be a fair price for a complete dual exhaust for a late B body?

I'm assured it's the same for the 71 and up B's.

Have a lead on a complete NOS 79 Magnum exhaust. Want to know what's a fair price to offer? Mufflers and all. Manifolds back. It's a non-cat system too by the way
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 12:08 AM

I'd start by pricing what a local shop will charge you to fab a system, labor + parts. It'd give you a baseline to start w
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 12:46 AM

I was at the muffler shop today and got an estimate of $350.oo.
That is for a 68 Chrysler new port.
Posted By: hp383

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 12:56 AM

Quote:

I was at the muffler shop today and got an estimate of $350.oo.
That is for a 68 Chrysler new port.

I recently paid about the same for 2.5" into 3" on my Ramcharger. I supplied the H pipe, and mufflers
Posted By: radar

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 01:38 AM

Always costs more than I want it to and still has rattles. Last couple times I got summit kits and hung them myself.
Posted By: therocks

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 01:28 PM

A few years ago my kid had 3 inch stainless done at a local shop for his 62 300.From manifolds to the tail pipes.Cost him 400 bucks.Guy did a nice job.Id imagine its more now as stainless prices went up.Rocky
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 03:31 PM

I've done my own exhaust systems 3 or 4 times now. I'll spend about $300 or so in mufflers and pipes/bends, then cut and weld them all together myself, ensuring a great fit, and no leaks.

might not be any cheaper, especially for the guys who say "yea, but your time costs money!!" I look at it as "I get to spend a day relaxing in the garage fabricating and welding"
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 03:50 PM

To give you some kind of top end limit.

the TTI system I put on the Cuda was right at $1800
Posted By: bschargerse

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 05:07 PM

I had the exhaust done on my Newport last summer (duals). I supplied the mufflers. Cost me $375 cash. I asked for ball sockets where the head pipes meet the intermediate pipe and it was no extra charge.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 08:32 PM

I called the shop where I had my original system put on, and if I supply the mufflers, he said, since you already have a system in place, probably $200 tops.

I don't care if it's NOS or not. It's under the car anyway.

Thanks all!
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/28/12 11:41 PM

Quote:

I've done my own exhaust systems 3 or 4 times now. I'll spend about $300 or so in mufflers and pipes/bends, then cut and weld them all together myself, ensuring a great fit, and no leaks.

might not be any cheaper, especially for the guys who say "yea, but your time costs money!!" I look at it as "I get to spend a day relaxing in the garage fabricating and welding"

money well spent to have a shop do it.3-4 hundred is about the rate here in the midwest
Posted By: jeff57

Re: DUAL EXHAUST COST - 01/30/12 05:29 AM

i own a muffler shop in the midwest and dual exhaust w/flomasters and h-pipe up to 2.5" about $450.00 installed jeff57
© 2024 Moparts Forums