Moparts

Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body

Posted By: VITC_GTX

Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 02:20 AM

Grant has thier tuff wheel that's pretty close to the original (close enough for me). Anyway, do I need any kind of adapter to put the wheel on my '70 column (no tuff wheel)?

Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 03:09 AM

All Grant wheels require an appropriate adapter kit for your vehicle. Contact your Grant dealer for specifics.

Sid
Posted By: twister360

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 03:41 AM

Yup you need an adapter kit to install. I have the same steering wheel and I love it.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 03:51 AM

Quote:

Yup you need an adapter kit to install. I have the same steering wheel and I love it.

Cool. Did you end up using the 2" extension can too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...em=140271833053
Posted By: CJK440

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 11:40 AM

I just used the basic grant install kit because I was in a hurry to install it. I figured I'd get a tuff wheel adapter later however, I decided to leave it as is. It looks fine unless studied and I think the wheel is the perfect distance without the adapter. That 2" grant spacer look ugly. The a-body tuff wheel adapter is smooth, not like the E-body coffee can adapter.
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 12:26 PM

have one for my Dart, It bolted right up using the factory Tuff wheel/rim blow adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-Tuf...1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 12:43 PM

Grant Tuff Wheel is dual drilled. It has the pattern for the 3 studs from the factory spacer, and the inner 3 hole pattern for the grant adapter.
Posted By: groove_daddy

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 02:56 PM

I agree with CJK- that adaptor is U.G.L.Y. and would've stuck the steering wheel too far out, so I left it off. It looks great.
Posted By: DartGTDan

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/17/08 07:35 PM

Anyone have pictures?
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/18/08 11:22 AM

Here's a picture of the Grant Tuff wheel in my '84 pick-up using a Grant 1" spacer. The spacer was needed as without it the wheel was too close to my turn signal/cruise control lever.

Attached picture 4757922-DSC01096.JPG
Posted By: CJK440

Re: Grant Tuff Wheel Installation on A body - 10/18/08 01:03 PM

Quote:

Here's a picture of the Grant Tuff wheel in my '84 pick-up using a Grant 1" spacer. The spacer was needed as without it the wheel was too close to my turn signal/cruise control lever.

Ahh, good point. Mine was too close but I removed the lever and carefully bent it forward.
© 2024 Moparts Forums