Moparts

Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces

Posted By: mopar4ya

Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces - 01/22/12 09:28 PM

Trying to clean out the garage and found a few parts that need identified. Anyone tell what these bumpers ( I think 72 or 73 Cuda ) and these braces fit. I have no idea on the braces, but one of the parts has a number that looks like 3686505.

Thanks
Dan
Posted By: Evil Monkey

Re: Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces - 01/23/12 07:21 AM

Those look like 73 - 74 Cuda bumpers. I can see the good chrome left behind where the big "buggy bumpers" were on both the front and rear bumpers, and I don't think they used those in 72. The rear bumper brackets in your pictures also look like the longer "5 MPH bumper" ones used in 73 - 74 to bring the bumpers out away from the body. I'm not sure if they used the heavy inner bumper that you show in 72 either, but I doubt it since that was also part of the "5 MPH bumper" deal. I'm not sure what the brackets are in the bottom picture - maybe something to do with the buggy bumpers? I took the buggy bumpers off my Cuda back in the mid 90's, so I can't remember what all was there.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces - 01/23/12 07:27 AM

The only thing I see different is the front bumper doesn't have slots for the late style jack.. So I think it's an earlier bumper 70-71... But I agree it's had the 73-74 bumper pads on it...
Posted By: Seventythree

Re: Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces - 01/23/12 01:35 PM

I can only speak about my experience with Challenger brackets, reinforcement bars, and chrome bumpers. There is a difference between 73 and 74 with all 3 of these things, can't see Cuda's being any different?
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Need Help Identifying Bumpers and Braces - 01/23/12 02:18 PM

Whats the numbers on the mounts? Didn't think E body used the little end mounts. Look alot like Duster rear mounts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums