Moparts

Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction?

Posted By: CYACOP

Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 07:28 PM

71 Road Runner
Moog Strut Rod Bushings# K7016A
One bushing has a shoulder that goes into the K frame, one bushing is flat on the inside that goes against the K frame.
Where does the bushing go that has the shoulder, in the front where the nut is or from the rear thats inserted with the strut rod?
Which way do the washers go on? Concave toward the bushings or away?
Thanks
DJ
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 07:38 PM

No paperwork in the box? Moog parts always have install diagrams. I have always installed them so the bushing with the lip comes in from the rear to locate the bar.John.

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 07:44 PM

No instructions. Thats how I have them in right now but I dont know if thats right or not? I looked all over the net and I dont see any pics or instructions.
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 08:09 PM

You should consider using the moog improved design bushing kit # K 7026. I use them on my cars also, John.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 09:31 PM

According to the instructions in my TRW (Made in USA-gasp!) box, the "centering collar" goes on the control arm side. Both outer washers (concave side) face control arm. Wide side of bushings face the frame.

Tim
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/21/12 11:24 PM

does it matter if the thin side of the washer faces up or down?if that makes sense?

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/22/12 01:52 AM

Quote:

According to the instructions in my TRW (Made in USA-gasp!) box, the "centering collar" goes on the control arm side. Both outer washers (concave side) face control arm. Wide side of bushings face the frame.

Tim

That's the way I ended up putting them in.
Thanks for everyone's help.
DJ
Posted By: jcc

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/22/12 07:22 PM

Quote:

Tim

Concave meaning the "hallowed out" side, I have almost always seen facing away from control arm. Additionally I removed my brake struts last weekend, and surprisingly they are clearly stamped by mopar concave side faces away from control arm. This however makes no sense to me, unless a lot of progressive slop in this area is desired, but i can't imagine why, and then of course why do we bother with the Reilly hard pivot upgrades? I hope I've got this right, and it will be a few days before i can get camera on these above mentioned stamped washers.
Posted By: 70Coronet500Vert

Re: Strut Rod Bushings Moog Which Direction? - 01/23/12 01:55 PM

They're stamped "This side to rubber"
© 2024 Moparts Forums