Moparts

Any chance this is factory (AC identification)

Posted By: BDW

Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/20/12 05:36 PM

I'm trying to figure out if this could be factory. Doesn't look like it has been cut, but doesn't seem to look right. All the edges are smooth and blend.

Any ideas, maybe for an AC car?

Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/20/12 07:02 PM

It's been cut... Just more creatively than most...
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/20/12 07:08 PM

not factory

Dave
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/20/12 08:33 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out if this could be factory. Doesn't look like it has been cut, but doesn't seem to look right. All the edges are smooth and blend.

Any ideas, maybe for an AC car?

That air cleaner was never available with air conditioning so that is out .
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/20/12 11:31 PM

What was the reasoning behind this ? I've seen more than one.

Attached picture 7028620-Picture311.jpg
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/21/12 09:45 PM

Both of those air cleaners were cut to clear the A/C line on the back of a OEM compresser. You had to do this when you tried to use a sixpack setup on a AC car or vice/versa. That aircleaner was NEVER used on a A/C car from the factory .

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/21/12 10:30 PM

Quote:

Both of those air cleaners were cut to clear the A/C line on the back of a OEM compresser. You had to do this when you tried to use a sixpack setup on a AC car or vice/versa. That aircleaner was NEVER used on a A/C car from the factory .

Mike,that one came right out of an old Direct Connection box in the early 80's,not on the car now but I still have it.

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/22/12 06:59 PM

I had one like that too, Bill. It's possible that Mopar made an over the counter one that had the relief for people installing a 6 pack or N96 aircleaner on an A/C car.... But I'm with the others that A/C was never available on any car that used that air cleaner from the factory.

Dave

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/22/12 09:19 PM

Quote:

I had one like that too, Bill. It's possible that Mopar made an over the counter one that had the relief for people installing a 6 pack or N96 aircleaner on an A/C car.... But I'm with the others that A/C was never available on any car that used that air cleaner from the factory.

Dave

Dave,you noticed I said out of a box !

Re: Any chance this is factory (AC identification) - 01/23/12 03:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

Dave,you noticed I said out of a box !

Yep, I noticed!

Dave
© 2024 Moparts Forums