Moparts

What's the best way to pull.....

Posted By: Robbins

What's the best way to pull..... - 01/14/12 11:26 AM

....the manual brake rod out of the master? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Todd

Re: What's the best way to pull..... - 01/14/12 02:00 PM

Is it still in the car? If so, remove the brake switch bracket and grab hold of the pedal and give a good yank.

Re: What's the best way to pull..... - 01/14/12 02:16 PM

No, but I guess I could put it back in and try that.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: What's the best way to pull..... - 01/14/12 02:22 PM

if your hyd floor jack has a center hole in the round plate that contacts the work, set the MC/pushrod vertical down into it then slip a rod horizontle under the jack thru the eyelet then pump it up & put a rag around the flange to keep from marring/nicking it but that shouldn't be a prob or clamp the flange in a vise & a rod thru the eyelet and a good yank or 2 to seperate em
Posted By: bonefish

Re: What's the best way to pull..... - 01/14/12 02:26 PM

dont forget to GRUNT, i mean REALLY GRUNT.

Re: What's the best way to pull..... - 01/15/12 08:26 AM

Quote:

if your hyd floor jack has a center hole in the round plate that contacts the work, set the MC/pushrod vertical down into it then slip a rod horizontle under the jack thru the eyelet then pump it up & put a rag around the flange to keep from marring/nicking it but that shouldn't be a prob or clamp the flange in a vise & a rod thru the eyelet and a good yank or 2 to seperate em

That done it for me. Bent one thing(a home made t-handle allen that I had made a long time ago) and then tried one of my old punches...bent it and snapped the point off with my floor jack. I would of never got that out by hand. Thanks again for the idea.
© 2024 Moparts Forums