Moparts

Documentation to help assemble a car

Posted By: charger

Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/10/12 08:00 PM

Hi everyone; would like to purchase some documentation to help assemble a 68 Charger... detailed stuff like assembling all the inner door stuff...

what's out there, and what's good?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/10/12 08:27 PM

You need to find a factory service manual for that car. It will have everything you need. You can find book or cd style on Ebay.
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/11/12 01:08 AM

I used the parts book more than anything, it has exploded diagrams of every subassembly.

-Daty
Posted By: northcoastmopar

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/11/12 02:37 AM

Parts book and manual.
You can get the parts book on dvd pretty cheaply. You can get reprints of the factory service manual.
If you can find a good deal on an original manual, get it. Makes life a lot easier. The reprinted manuals don't have the resolution of the original ones. Some of the photos are tough to make out.
Posted By: charger

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/11/12 11:37 PM

Quote:

Parts book and manual.
You can get the parts book on dvd pretty cheaply. You can get reprints of the factory service manual.
If you can find a good deal on an original manual, get it. Makes life a lot easier. The reprinted manuals don't have the resolution of the original ones. Some of the photos are tough to make out.

thanks! I'll start looking
Posted By: 63stabamatic

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/13/12 01:17 PM

Depending on how much assembly you're talking about, I would find someone that has done it before and pick their brain. The factory manuals help for info on a single area but they don't do too much for establishing a correct sequence for a total assembly job.
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/13/12 02:52 PM

Resto Rick (sponser here) has an assembly sequence on his website that is really good.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Documentation to help assemble a car - 01/13/12 03:18 PM

Lets see if lets me post a pic of this size.

This is 1968 Charger - lock and latch linkages drivers side door.

Attached picture 7016209-102_3147.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums