Moparts

ignition problem

Posted By: racecar43

ignition problem - 01/03/12 11:11 PM

I have a problem I believe to be ignition a month or so my car started pinging and missing at about 5000 rpm up I've changed complete ignition from molar to msd and I can't get the timing set I run 34 total if I set it at that the car sounds retarded if I go higher it pings can anyone help ...
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: ignition problem - 01/04/12 01:00 AM

not to be mean but wow that post is painful to read it sure would be great if you used punctuation see its alot easier to type this way but it sure is alot harder to read dont you think
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: ignition problem - 01/04/12 01:10 AM

Quote:

I have a problem I believe to be ignition a month or so my car started pinging and missing at about 5000 rpm up I've changed complete ignition from molar to msd and I can't get the timing set I run 34 total if I set it at that the car sounds retarded if I go higher it pings can anyone help ...

have you looked into a fuel issue?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: ignition problem - 01/04/12 01:41 AM

What eng? No changes right before the prob started. Only pings/misses at 5K up at WOT? Put the timing back to where it was OK before & might T into the fuel line at the carb inlet and run a neoprene line to a round vac gauge (most have a psi side) taped to your windshield & take it back out & see if you have several psi @5000 rpm & I'm assuming it's acting up at WOT. If good there holler back
Posted By: Rick_Ehrenberg

Re: ignition problem - 01/04/12 04:07 AM

...timing chain skip tooth?

Rick
© 2024 Moparts Forums