Moparts

1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan?

Posted By: dvw

1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 12/30/11 11:53 PM

I need a new windshield for my Belvedere. I don't need it installed. I found a supplier last year in Livonia. Of course now I don't remember the name. The thinner the better. It's a racecar less weight is better.
Thanks Doug

Attached picture 6992504-racecar694.jpg
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 12/31/11 01:01 AM

Check out Kramer Automotive and he may still have some of the Bubble AFX molded windshields that will give you both more aerodynamics and cut exactly 11 pounds off the front end on a high point of the car. Ask me how I know.
If not, then there are suppliers out there. The Bud man here has some I would presume. He's in New Jersey though.
I just drove back and forth to Detroit and I would have dropped it off at your home if it was not too deep into Michigan and earlier in the month.

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 12/31/11 02:44 PM

Quote:

Check out Kramer Automotive and he may still have some of the Bubble AFX molded windshields that will give you both more aerodynamics and cut exactly 11 pounds off the front end on a high point of the car. Ask me how I know.
If not, then there are suppliers out there. The Bud man here has some I would presume. He's in New Jersey though.
I just drove back and forth to Detroit and I would have dropped it off at your home if it was not too deep into Michigan and earlier in the month.

Thanks, I know bout Jim's windshields. I lust to cheap to buy one. I found one in stock last year here for just over $225. They're still on ebay. Just trying not to ship it. Part # AMD-380-1464 C.
Doug
Posted By: SixPackRT

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 01/01/12 06:44 PM

Doug, I'm no help on the windshield....But that car looks great. Is that a 64 color or a custom color?

Scott

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 01/03/12 02:26 AM

Quote:

Doug, I'm no help on the windshield....But that car looks great. Is that a 64 color or a custom color?

Scott

There was color that was close. But the modern colors have a lot of pearl which really comes out in the sun. This color is from a 2004 Colorado pick-up. GM actually has 5 different modern variations of this color. The new 2012 Charger color is even better but I wasn't available when I painted it.
Doug
Posted By: savoy64

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 01/03/12 04:21 AM

you guys ever see the lexan rear window on the original FX cars--my friend had one it looked like it was 1/8 inch thick---bob

Re: 1964 Belvedere windshield in Michigan? - 01/10/12 02:30 AM

For what it's worth I found a windshield. $168 cash & carry or $228 installed. Henderson Glass in Waterford Mi. It pays to shop.
Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums