Moparts

Ebody door locks

Posted By: 300_dup5

Ebody door locks - 12/27/11 11:48 PM

Hi. Can someone explain the workings of a 70 Cuda door lock setup. I just installed them and pass side when you lock from inside you can,t open from the outside (which is great) but ican still open from inside handle. The Drivers side i can open from inside and outside when internal lock is set. I have all the rods in the right way. I did notice that pass side has a tab on the mechanism where the drivers side has not. The key does work on both doors to lock and unlock Thanks in advance
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Ebody door locks - 12/27/11 11:55 PM

I'd say that the dr side needs a lock cyl with the tab like it's counterpart on the pass side so they'll function the same

Re: Ebody door locks - 12/28/11 12:12 AM

When you set the internal lock levers, and get out and close door that should lock it right or do you still need key?
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Ebody door locks - 12/28/11 12:31 AM

Quote:

When you set the internal lock levers, and get out and close door that should lock it right or do you still need key?

real Mopar guys never lock their doors or use gasket sealant . i believe you have to hold the handle out with the lock button pushed to lock? E-bodys don't have a handle with the push button right?
Posted By: BDW

Re: Ebody door locks - 12/28/11 01:05 AM

Not sure of your question, but 70's have a special "feature" that you can't lock the door and then close it, and it remain locked.

I found this annoying, especially for the passenger side. You have to stay in car and reach over and lock, or walk around and lock with key.

I modified mine, pic shows the area.

Re: Ebody door locks - 12/28/11 01:27 AM

ThanKs for all your posts, I,ll just use the key. 70 is one of it,s own that,s for sure
© 2024 Moparts Forums