Moparts

Parting out my ram. Title question

Posted By: Jambbii

Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 01:33 AM

I am keeping my chassis engine etc. Do I keep the title with the chassis or sell it with the cab?

Thanks,

Josh
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 01:35 AM

What does your local DMV say?
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 01:38 AM

Quote:

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!!!
could get interesting answer ?
Posted By: Jambbii

Re: Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 03:19 AM

Quote:

That is a good question

I will have to check tomorrow.

Josh
Posted By: None2Slow

Re: Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 04:14 AM

I had 2 K5 Blazers at 1 time. 1 was totaled, but was solid and Diesel powered, the other had good running gear, but rotten body. I had the title for both. I went to DMV (now mind you, this was in Sacramento, Ca) to see what I needed to do to put it back on the road. I told then I was using the Diesel body and chassis, but the Gas powertrain. How do I register it? They told me to pick which one I wanted and use that for the paperwork. I informed them that IT WILL BE GAS, how do I smog it? "Well, why would you need to smog it, its Diesel? According ot the papers, its Diesel so you won't have to". I waited for a bit while life happend. I was at a CHP inspection station with my brother and thought I would ask them. Lets say that if I had taken the advice from DMV, I would have most likely lost both vehichles and been charged with VIN tampering. Even though I owned both vehichles. Anyways, my point? Check with your local law enforcement before taking the advice of the people at the local motor vehichles.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Parting out my ram. Title question - 12/27/11 04:27 AM

One more little chunk of advice;
Ask about it as if you had not even removed the very first part yet....
© 2024 Moparts Forums