Moparts

Which Balancer

Posted By: Beep Beep

Which Balancer - 12/24/11 01:24 AM

I am building a stroker out of a low deck 400 block. I need a good aftermarket harmonic balancer that can adapt my 4 groove crank pulley and have no alignment issues. My current pulley is from a 73 440 but I was able to ream the bolt holes in order to fit my 69 original 383 balancer. Any recommendations? Mancini sells the pro sport balancers but according to someone I spoke to it will not work.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 02:07 AM

I use the Pro Sport one from Mancini on my 493 and my buddies 440. Both work good and the stock pully's line right up. Ron

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/prosport1.html
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 02:12 AM

If you want the best..... ATI
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 03:49 AM

383man, I was surprised when Mancini told me it would not work. Will the Ati bolt right up with the stock pulley and will the alignment line up?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 04:32 AM

Quote:

383man, I was surprised when Mancini told me it would not work. Will the Ati bolt right up with the stock pulley and will the alignment line up?

I know that ATI does make one that mounts a mopar
pulley but dont know if it lines up correctly...
you would be best calling ATI for that info... I
make my own pulleys so I make it line up... I have
to build a new one next week for my SB because I moved
my alt .465 forward

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 04:34 AM

No the ATI does not line up right. The belts will not line up right without shimming. Thats one reason I tried the Pro Sport as it said SFI and it has worked fine on my car. Course I only race a few times a year. Ron

Re: Which Balancer - 12/24/11 04:37 AM

Here is a pic of it on the eng. Dont know why they told you that as I asked when I bought it and they told me everything will line up. Ron

© 2024 Moparts Forums