Moparts

727 stator support modifications ?

Posted By: 6o4o

727 stator support modifications ? - 12/22/11 04:29 PM

Hi anyone

I got some lock-up stator reaction shaft supports laying around that I would like to convert to non-lock up.
Did anyone ever do that? Can I just remove the 3rd checkball and that’s it? If yes, how do I do it the best way, any tricks?

Same for the 74-77 supports, can I drill that little lube hole to convert it to a 71-74 type?

Thanks

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 12/29/11 05:40 PM

nobody?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/02/12 10:56 PM

Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/03/12 12:54 AM

I don't have the two side-by-side to compare but I do know that removing the third ball will merely dump rear clutch apply pressure into the converter.

The '74-'77 can have the lube hole added, takes an extension drill....I use a #40.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/03/12 02:44 AM

Quote:

Hi anyone

I got some lock-up stator reaction shaft supports laying around that I would like to convert to non-lock up.
Did anyone ever do that? Can I just remove the 3rd checkball and that’s it? If yes, how do I do it the best way, any tricks?

Same for the 74-77 supports, can I drill that little lube hole to convert it to a 71-74 type?

Thanks

On my 518 trans that I changed to a regular 727 with
OD, I had to change the input shaft(without the hole)
and the pump housing due to the ports and balls
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/03/12 04:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi anyone

Thanks

On my 518 trans that I changed to a regular 727 with
OD, I had to change the input shaft(without the hole)
and the pump housing due to the ports and balls

Good point , you can't just modify the stator support , you must also change the input shaft.

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/03/12 12:23 PM

I know about the input shaft, I got non lock up >78 input shafts but missing the non lock up reaction shaft supports (were scored too bad, I did throw them away!)

Here a picture.. I just wanted to be sure it's only the ball and not some inside passage that I might not have think about...

On the 74-77 thanks, then I will just drill that hole! I got a few 74-77 supports but none 71-73...

Attached picture 6999533-Reaction_shaft_support_lockup_vs_nonlockup.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 727 stator support modifications ? - 01/03/12 04:38 PM

Quote:

I know about the input shaft, I got non lock up >78 input shafts but missing the non lock up reaction shaft supports (were scored too bad, I did throw them away!)

Here a picture.. I just wanted to be sure it's only the ball and not some inside passage that I might not have think about...

On the 74-77 thanks, then I will just drill that hole! I got a few 74-77 supports but none 71-73...

When I talked to John Cope(Cope Racing Trans) I believe
that all he said was the ball and the input shaft
was needed
© 2024 Moparts Forums