As some of you know my mum, the only remaining close family member to me, lost her battle against cancer earlier this year. It has been a rocky ride to say the least and I really needed to get away from it all. I always wanted to visit Detroit in the worst way (only been there for one day earlier), see the Woodward Dream Cruise and combine those with the MoPar Nats and other stuff. My mother would have wanted to make another trip with me to the US as well (we have been to CA & HI, driven cross country twice and visited FL on three different trips) and in a way we did...she loved America and American cars as well. This one was for you mum, I owe you a lot!

I will list a lot of pics in this thread and try to include some background info as well. I am by no means an authority for example on Detroit history so comments and additional info is always welcome. I did accomplish a lot but unfortunately I had to cut off my west coast part of the trip...it got hectic and expensive without it and on top of that I got a huge reduction in working hours when I got back so in the end it was for the best. But this wasn't about being sensible, it was about a MoPar obsession that just doesn't let go. Still hoping to scrape enough money to put together my 500 cube stroker that has been in storage in a members garage for a long time as well meet him and other nice MoPar folks on the west coast. At least I got an induction system and a block for it at the Nats so now almost all pieces are there
I will post some pics from the Nats and Woodward Dream Cruise but try to keep it down as there is so much to post...I will be posting some brand X stuff as well as C-bodies and oddballs, stuff that I like. There will also be some Hudson and Studebaker stuff posted...but none of that furrin stuff So, bear with me, this will take awhile...it is 4AM here and I have to get to work but I hope to complete this story in a few days. Picture requests are OK, I took 5000 of them so I might have something that was around but not posted. Here we go...