jamesc
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 03:24 PM

it's nice to see we're having some representatives of performance companies ect. feel the necessity to stop in here.
maybe we can build our clout.

now if we can get that Summit 10% off for moparts members...

====================================

GregZ
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 03:58 PM

I always give members the lowest prices on parts that I can. Sometimes I beat the big guys and sometimes I don't. I say support the site sponsers.
Moparts Sponsor Sites
www.accurateltd.com
Cope Racing Trans
www.cylinderheadservices.com
Gunslinger Automotive
Josh's Muscle Car Parts
www.MagnumHP.com
R/T Specialties
SMS Auto Restoration Inc
Springs'n Things

www.LarrysPower.com
www.texasacres.com
www.moparcollectorsguide.com
www.dodgeconnection.com
www.fredwsmith.com
www.FS-Racing.com
www.jacksautoparts.com
www.jeepconnection.com
www.LeakyCar.com
www.miraclelube.com
www.MoparAction.com
www.mopartsracing.com
www.MrNorms.com
www.buymopar.com
www.ctearlymusic.org
www.RPMmoparts.com
www.viperconnection.com
www.Yales.com

======================================

69DartGT360
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 04:22 PM

Yes I too have noticed this..... The guy who works for Erson has been on here for quite some time. I just saw the guy from Ultradyne here the other day, and I know an employee at Comp Cams reads every once in a while.... one of my poast last year badmouthing Comps shipping department got handed to a big wig and I had an email from him within hours..... Pretty cool. The internet is an amazing tool...... Nice to be able to read an Artice by Steve Dulcich one day and ask him questions about it on moparts the next.....

===================================

jamesc
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 04:24 PM

Ryan...yea that's what i was getting at. nice to be noticed.
Greg, i'll check these vendors when in need.

GregZ
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 04:28 PM

I also know first hand that a few people at Edelbrock have browsed the board.

TA152H1
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 04:31 PM

I've used about 7 of the companies on your list, Greg. Also important, telling the vendor where you saw his ad, so he continues to advertise on Moparts.
If a member knows any of the big-wigs from Mopar Performance, maybe get one of them to post and be responsive to the faithful.

TX9hemi
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 04:46 PM

More and more mopar fans, young and old are getting online, and inevitably finding their way to moparts. This board is the epicenter of the mopar hobby in a way - I know it is for me. We're the #1 mopar site, with a non-stop steam of info from all over the world - so manufacturers and magazine editors would be foolish to ignore it. I'll bet almost every mopar-related company is keenly aware of this site and it's influence.

=======================================

carl
Moparts
posted 11-03-2002 04:52 PM

Don't expect to see anyone from MP post here, but you might be susprised to know who reads the board sometimes.
carl

Unlawfl
Moparts
posted 11-03-2002 06:16 PM

Heavy hitter?? Absolutely. And its because of the caliber of the members and the combined knowledge of them.
This board is what it is, minus the flashy b.s. and heavy sell job. It isn't about ego stroking or income earning. Its 90% Mopar business and thats why its the best.

Perfect? Nope. But still the best.

Fairly Strange
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 06:31 PM

Its' been a "heavy hitter" for a while now.
Thus the mentions in more than one MOPAR rag.

"They" know we're here, "they" know there are a bunch of us and "they" know we are serious in the hobby.

Its' in thir best interest.

========================================

gd1996
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 06:36 PM

Now I say we push that discount even more
This site is great, who knows where I'd find people willing to put up with all my questions! Even has a great archive area.

=====================================

RUNCHARGER
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:29 PM

There is a heavy hitter from MP that comes on here. He is called GF7hemi71 or something like that. I think it is good the companies get feed back on what customers are feeling, good or bad.
Sheldon

gregsdart
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:33 PM

This board is a gold mine of feedback for any manufacturer, or vender. Just look at all the posts for cams headers, carbs, says a lot oabout what people are building and where the trends are.

340_6Pak_Cuda
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:41 PM

We are the sheep that line their pockets...they better tend to their herd.

Dart Girl
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:42 PM

This place rocks for both enthusist and venders alike. Moparites UNITE here. The internet can be a wonderful thing. All I know is when I'm looking for something I can't find or need a quick answer on a question I can't come to the conclusion of I come here...

Leigh
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:47 PM

Runcharger, having dealt with the factory and M/P for 22 years, I can assure you that, unless the member you allude to is a hitter, he probably has to sucumb to politics to keep his job. What a shame to have to fib to the hierarchy, it's such a dis-service to everyone concerned. Some things are very universal in non-universal world.

PIPES
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 07:58 PM

It is THE best I have come across, but I don't cruise alot of other sites either. The "family" atmosphere helps big time, not all cussing and stuff. Everyone tries to help in some way, good or bad, it is better that way to realize if you made a mistake or not. Like Unlawfl said it's not perfect but it is the best!!!

=================================

tboomer
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 08:06 PM

I am with Gary on this! Maybe we should invite a few more product folk here... Ted

=================================

jamer1jamer1
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 08:10 PM

keisler just posted in the 'i want a keisler' post.
it is in their best interest, but by the same token it is in our best interest also.
i hope to see more.

Dodge1
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 08:21 PM

This site has allowed a few venders to lighten my wallet

=====================================

tomr
Moparts Member
posted 11-03-2002 08:26 PM

and with this post i will
say a big THANK YOU to all that buys from
R/T SPECIALTIES
tomr
and very soon the big move to the new building in pa.
more room for more carts.

1967gtx440
Moparts Member
posted 11-04-2002 07:51 PM

This is the best site since you could go to the dealer and buy a muscle car. the are so many people here with such an unlimited amount of vast mopar knowledge . It's cyber bench racing at it's best . Any question I have ever had has always had a great number of answers . Lots of times I just come here and read the message board and never answer or post anything and before you know it 2 or 3 hours have passed .BIG BLOCKS AND MOPARS FOREVER!

==================================

tomr
Moparts Member
posted 11-04-2002 10:46 PM

well let me explain
23 years ago i came here in the air force got out and stayed, worked for motorola for awhile, in 85 i started r/t specialties (part time) then in 90 continued in this full time
so since about 89 to current i have been paying rent and i,m tired of it (paying rent) so 2 yrs ago i bought 3 acres from my dad and this year i had a new 50 x 100 x 16
building put up (about 2 weeks from being finished)with radiant floor heat, so i am moving back to my home town, so for the most part the only change for some people will be a phone number change. but with a bigger building i will now be able to carry a larger inventory and other improvements
tom
r/t specialties
moving to falls pa , just west of scranton

Ply36
Moparts Member
posted 11-05-2002 12:58 AM

I hope more vendors tune in and listen to what board members are saying. Personally, I have spent over a thousand, so far, on items directly recommended by other members.
This board has also allowed me to save money by not buying a certain company's product or by not buying the wrong part for my application.
I too am impressed that S. Dulcich takes the time to view and occasionally respond to topics on the board.

=========================================

Prochargedmopar
Moparts Member
posted 11-05-2002 04:04 AM

I'm a moparts Performance gear head but surprisingly I've bought from RT/Speciaties also (restoration stuff) and his service and product was great. Got a couple more things to get too if I can get through christmas.

========================================

revcon
Moparts Member
posted 11-05-2002 03:35 PM

6200 members +/- should amount to something. I have read posts where just mentioning posting here to a vendor changes their tone. I would like excellent service over discounts and poor service anyday. Heck I got an email from Galen's office, after one thread on here.

Fairly Strange
Moparts Member
posted 11-05-2002 04:25 PM

As I said before, MOPARTS is NOT ignored.
Any of you who cruise other sites(MOPAR and non-MOPAR) know as well as I do that there is no automotive site on the net that compares to this one.

For the curious, that will explain the common OT/ questions here.......you can actually get a non-MOPAR question answered CORRECTLY here faster than you can get it answered incorrectly on a "dedicated site".

That says a lot for the mechanical expertise found here!

From what I sense, the members here are auto hobbiests first and MOPAR folks second...and that is as it should be!

NM

JohnRR
Moparts
posted 11-21-2002 01:23 PM

wait till you find out who contacted tom recently