Hi everyone, so I'm going to be slowly posting all the pictures of the restoration of my 1969 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger 4 speed that I did while I was in high school(2012-2014)! Pretty much at the age of 12 I knew I loved cars and I had to have one, my dad grew up in the 60s and all of his friends had mopars and I always loved hearing the stories about their cars(70 rr, 70 hemi challenger) I started working with my dad after school and on weekends trying to earn and save as much money as I could to buy a muscle car! After 4 years I had saved up enough cash to buy myself a project car, but I still hadn't convinced my parents to let me buy one. Long story short my dad and his friends crashed their hemi challenger and they all almost died, so my dad hated muscle cars. After a couple months I convinced my dad to let me buy one and after a bunch of deals falling through I thought I would take one last look online and see what there was for sale. I ended up finding an ad of about 30 mopar muscle cars for sale and I was freaking out looking at the list of cars, especially when I saw my soon to be dart posted. I begged my dad to drive me to the guys house to check out the cars but he said there was no way(was about 12 hours away from us) I was extremely heart broken for about 2 weeks but when I got home from school one day my dad changed his mind and told me we could go look at them. I packed my bags and we left the following day, when we got there I couldn't believe my eyes with the cars that the guy had. Right then and there I knew I was a mopar guy and ended up buying the car that day. The car was a huge project for me since I knew nothing about cars at the time(funny how things change) and out of know where my dad started talking to Ken about getting sheet metal replaced on it since that's what he does for a living and he worked out a deal with him to get the sheet metal done on my car, pretty much what my dad told me when he did that was he wanted me to build this car and he saw how into cars I was even at the age of 16 and knew it wasn't something I was getting to get tired of, so it was a gift from him to me as the rest of my birthday and Christmas presents for the rest of my life...... I started working as much as I could so that I could buy parts for it, I put every penny I earned as a teenager into this car(I'm 20 now) and when I started telling people about my car in school and showing them pictures EVERYONE told me I'd never fix it it, and that is when I really got determined. I told everyone I knew that I would have to done for our high school graduation ceremony and well, that's when the fun really started :-)

1618629_1388033108134204_618830060_n.jpg