This is not one of those, build me one from scratch questions. I'll be very specific. I want to build my 440 using some good existing parts that I already have but I don't want to sacrifice and do a hodge-podge build. I am building a street car and I want it to idle with a slight lope, lots of torque and likely never see over 5500 RPM. I'll share my parts list of what I have already. I'll ditch parts if need be but I want to save as much as possible.

The Car:
1970 Superbee, manual brakes, power steering, air conditioning, 727TF, 3.91 SG, SS springs stock interior and body. Curb weight should be about stock. I forget the tire size but I will be keeping very close to factory height BFG's on 15" rims.

Engine:
1972 440, .040 overbore, forged crank .010, closed chambered heads, ported and polished, .218 intake, .181 exhaust, Harland Sharp roller rockers, Eddy Performer RPM intake, TTI ceramic coated headers, 2" primary. LY rods. Milodon 8 qt pan and windage tray, hemi oil pick up tube.

Goal:
High octane pump gas, Idle between 650 and 850, 475+ HP, 550+ torque, Peak RPM 5500.

I understand that the closed chambered heads are a limiting factor but this is what I have. I need carburetor, piston, cam, torque converter and whatever else completes the picture. The headers are fresh but they are the old CPPA headers and I doubt I could get decent $$$ for them to step up to the newer 1 7/8" TTi units unless I could find a trade. At some point I will likely do Eddy heads. Not now.

Here's the wild card. I also have a 400 block and 451 stroker crank that I could use any and all of these parts with (minus intake). I could have that block machined and go that direction.

So, go crazy! What would you do? This is not hypothetical, guys. This car will be rolling this summer. I am completely green at this and need your help.

Lindy

I’m listening.