IN
G
GTX4spd Offline OP
pro stock
GTX4spd  Offline OP
pro stock
G

IN
Hope somebody can come up with an idea!!!! I have a '05 2500 with the Cummins, on my last long-distance trip, on the way home, I noticed a fine mist of fuel spray behind me, & when I got out to check, there was a film of fuel all over the rear of the truck. There were no performance issues with the truck, however, it ran fine. When I got home & crawled under it I couldn't find a hint of where the the fuel was coming from, even with the engine running. It simply didn't leak while I was under it.

So I took it to the local dealer but they couldn't find any leak either (good news was, they didn't charger me anything). But it did continue to leak sporadically, but I could never find it.

Had another long-distance drive this weekend & the leak was much worse, so when I got home, again I crawled under it, wiped everything clean, saw no evidence of it's origin so started it up, revved up to 3k & held it there for awhile, then crawled under--AGAIN! And AGAIN, no evidence of the leak!!!!

This is insane! I even replaced the fuel cap before heading home yesterday, just in case maybe the cap wasn't venting & causing the leak, but to no avail.

Anyone else experience this, have any clues for me?

Thanks!

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together, or surely, we shall all hang seperately."--Benjamin Franklin www.wwnboa.org if you're interested in '62-'74 B-Bodies
Re: Fuel Leak [Re: GTX4spd] #2513091
06/25/18 04:44 PM
06/25/18 04:44 PM
IN
G
GTX4spd Offline OP
pro stock
GTX4spd  Offline OP
pro stock
G

IN
Okay, so I posted my plight on here out of desperation, I was ready to quit looking! But I did one final clean-up & road test & found it! It appears that the number four injector line is leaking. Maybe the o-ring is bad. I had looked at all of those injector connections before, obviously, but it just recently got bad enough to see it clearly.

Passing this along in case anyone else experiences this frustration.

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together, or surely, we shall all hang seperately."--Benjamin Franklin www.wwnboa.org if you're interested in '62-'74 B-Bodies