06/09/09 09:03 PM
06/09/09 09:03 PM
Wyoming Michigan
T
The Beekeeper Offline OP
The Beekeeper  Offline OP
T

Wyoming Michigan
would like to change over to the manual box and am looking for advice on where to pick one up, what years would swap in? do I need anything else other than the box to complete this project? steering components are in good shape and the power assist has worked good but the leakage has gotten worse over time, since this is just an old street brawler that sees mostly weekend use I would like to simplify things and make the swap especially now that the engine is out for a week or so...............Thanks...........Tom.

Re: Manual steering box for 64 Polara [Re: The Beekeeper] #342749
06/09/09 09:11 PM
06/09/09 09:11 PM
N.Wilkesboro,NC
D
DusterKrazy Offline
master
DusterKrazy  Offline
master
D

N.Wilkesboro,NC
They are the same for many years. I think some of the ones that are different were only on vans and some c bodies, If I recall. A bodies such as a valiant dart or duster will be the best bet in locating one. Grab the steering column coupler to.

Since a power steering column is shorter than a manual steering column you will need an adapter
from firm feel. Unless you just happen to find a similar car to what you have with manual steering and change the column. I dont recall if the '64 polara would retain the same pitman arm or not when changing the box.

Last edited by DusterKrazy; 06/09/09 09:14 PM.