05/25/11 09:55 AM
05/25/11 09:55 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
B
bigdaddywiz Offline OP
bigdaddywiz  Offline OP
B

Pittsburgh, PA
i'm doing the 340 manifold and 4bbl swap onto my 318 in my 73 road runner and finally got everything back on only to discover a coolant leak at the water pump gasket it was a slight leak, so i figured i would at least see if the engine would fire before taking the pump off to fix the leak.

well, the engine fired up!...but...the carb was spraying fuel out of every orifice! i dont know the proper terms for them, but they are the plugs that are machined into the carb, kinda like freeze plugs. tapped on each lightly with a hammer and screw driver and it stopped the leak in all but one in the back. it was suggested that i epoxy the plugs over with jb weld or something similar to fix the problem and future problems with those. anyone have any suggestions?

another problem is the throttle linkage doesnt match up coming from a 2bbl, which i kinda knew was going to happen going into this project, but thought i could make it work guess i gotta hit ebay hard for that.

just wanted to share with you guys, as this is my first real project. as simple as it may be for some, i'm struggling, but hope to have this done for the summer!

73 Road Runner 09 Challenger R/T
Re: what a disaster, but i'm sure it could be worse! [Re: bigdaddywiz] #999554
05/25/11 11:33 AM
05/25/11 11:33 AM
P
Paul_Fancsali Offline
master
Paul_Fancsali  Offline
master
P

Where are you in Pittsburgh? The throttle linkage needs a 4 BBl linkage such as from a TQ manifold or Q jet truck. The throttle pressure rod from a 87 Dodge pickup can be made to work to get the the trans problem solved I have a 73 so I know what you are going threw I did this on mine 23 years ago. The lokar cable kit is easiest to use but you still need the right bracket

Re: what a disaster, but i'm sure it could be worse! [Re: Paul_Fancsali] #999555
05/25/11 03:38 PM
05/25/11 03:38 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
B
bigdaddywiz Offline OP
bigdaddywiz  Offline OP
B

Pittsburgh, PA
thanks paul. i'm located in the north hills. i will have to keep my eyes open for those parts!

73 Road Runner 09 Challenger R/T