washington
A
AB&E Offline OP
enthusiast
AB&E  Offline OP
enthusiast
A

washington
okay guys its sunday & raining again so as promised I have news If i turn flashers on all works great. if I try blinkers seperate the drivers side front dash,fender &grill light have no power rear works great so it sounds like to me either connection at harness from column or blinker switch? I do know the lever feels incorrect & if you move it a little the rear will not flash but the fronts never show sign of life from playing with lever so It is probably the switch or just loose inside? what do you guys think Sorry for all the jibber but please give me your input

Re: turn signal problem [Re: 383man] #989892
05/15/11 05:00 PM
05/15/11 05:00 PM
washington
A
AB&E Offline OP
enthusiast
AB&E  Offline OP
enthusiast
A

washington
Quote:

If it lights up on the hazzard flashers then it would have to be the turn signal switch. Thats because both the turn signal and hazzard circuts share the same wires from the switch to the lights out front. It just changes the power source that feeds it in the switch. Turn signals are ign feed and hazzards are hot all the time. If you can get a wiring schematic just find the right color feed to that front circuit and test it at the switch for 12 volts coming out of it with the key on and turn signal on. If it has no power like that it is the switch since the other lights work and share the same feed. Ron

Well problem solved Had an extra coulmn so swapped out switch and all is legal thanks for the help this has been like this since ECS restored column. though I remember shipping box damaged (ups) & the lever was sloppy. thanks again guys I DISLIKE WIRING IT SUCKS.

Re: turn signal problem [Re: AB&E] #989893
05/15/11 11:21 PM
05/15/11 11:21 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Quote:

though I remember shipping box damaged (ups) & the lever was sloppy.

I got a fuel pump in the mail in a softball sized square box and the arm was sticking thru the side of the box . I dont think I could have duplicated that if I'd have fastball tossed it against a cement wall but they managed to do so in regular mail transit. Dont remem if it was UPS or not & I think it might have been the post office (usps).Glad ya got it

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Page 2 of 2 1 2