01/21/11 04:32 AM
01/21/11 04:32 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
As one who is not in total agreement with the some of the rules and regulations of NHRA and would like to see some changes I would like to see many of the other non-profit organizations like churches,charities and other humanitarian organizations be investigated for financial statis and how much they pay their top people and how much is used in other questionable "administration fees".These practices go on in many public and private companys as we have seen in banking,insurance,unions and the auto industry.The sad part is our government uses our tax dollars to fund these organizations.We have no one to blame but ourselves for supporting these organizations and electing our government officials.Another prime example is aid to other countries,look at all the money raised for Haiti,all those millions and only a few has actually reached those who need it,where is all the money?NHRA's 80,000 members are not protesting or complaining but just accepting what is dished out and keep paying the cost.Like cattle lined up for slaughter,they think it's just another day at the feed pens until they get hit between the eyes,by then it's to late,the end.

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/21/11 05:19 AM.
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Monte_Smith] #909499
01/21/11 05:25 AM
01/21/11 05:25 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

This seatbelt rule that you guys get so bent out of shape about, is NOT an NHRA rule. It is a rule set forth by the SFI foundation and NHRA chooses to recognize SFI as the governing body,

Come on Monte .... NHRA and SFI ? ... they are almost ONE and the SAME biz. LOTS of people have gone back and forth from BOTH of those businesses

And good-ole NDragster ... NOTHING to say about those two top-dog BIG CHECKS that they get ? And I will bet that ole ND does quite well toooo !

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: dOc !] #909500
01/21/11 07:19 AM
01/21/11 07:19 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

I think it would be good for racers to have a voice with the nhra. maybe be on the board or something like that. it's hard to swallow all the rising fees and charges when you take a look at the top dogs income. I don't want to see them leave just maybe some changes in favor of the racers.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: mopacltd] #909501
01/21/11 08:04 AM
01/21/11 08:04 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...

Oh... i thought someone was finally suing them for destroying drag racing...

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Pale_Roader] #909502
01/21/11 11:19 AM
01/21/11 11:19 AM
land of 10,000______'s
B
BDS871Cuda Offline
top fuel
BDS871Cuda  Offline
top fuel
B

land of 10,000______'s
Hate to say it, but the over safe rules are what
is killing the sport. Everytime you turn around
there is a new safty rule for a torn finger nail.
Now take seat belts, only good for two years???
But your local hillbilly roundy round racer can
run his coat hanger bubble welded late model
NASCAR with belts out of a drag car from 20 years
ago.

OK, now a racer was killed because why? His car was not safe? Maybe the race surface was not
safe. So now we have to tell everyone that the
racing as we know it, is now going in the other
direction. We will shorten the race track 320ft
everytime someone is killed. The motor will be
down sized if anyone is hurt. Before long, we
will be racing briggs n stratten powered
dragsters just a few hundred feet. OH!! NO!!!
we do that already.

Keep shortening the track, keep slowing the cars
down, keep complaining about who earns what and
who makes the most money.

Tell a guy from NASA that to many people died
in the space program, so just to make it safe
we will not go to Mars. OR!!! someone makes to
much money and I hope the program fails!

The world is ran by GREED and each one of us is
just as greedy as the next. Keep hopeing the
NHRA will fail, and drag racing will fail.
Move forwards not backwards.

Snap your neck, mega G-force launch, is all I want!
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Monte_Smith] #909503
01/21/11 12:13 PM
01/21/11 12:13 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Quote:

Most of the people that complain about the NHRA, have no legitimate beef, or even know why they are complaining. It is just that "blood in the water" mentality, that makes everyone want to pile on.

This seatbelt rule that you guys get so bent out of shape about, is NOT an NHRA rule. It is a rule set forth by the SFI foundation and NHRA chooses to recognize SFI as the governing body, concerning safety rules. Other orgs, such as the NTPA, IHBA, Nascar and many others also follow SFI guidelines.

Then, the contingency comments are just laughable. Unless you work for a company, that actually pays contingency, or have worked with a race org, then I can just about guarantee, that you have no clue how it works............but the comments like "the contingency sponsors pay off the NHRA, so that rules are changed and we have to continue to buy their products to race"......what?????? Somebody watches too many episodes of "Conspiracy Theory".

Whether you hate NHRA or not, to claim that the sport would be better off without them and hope for their demise, is VERY shortsighted...to put it mildly.

Monte

Relayed this to Dallas Gardner,,,,he said your check (for all the support) will go in the mail today.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: CHAPPER] #909504
01/21/11 12:25 PM
01/21/11 12:25 PM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
Don't get me wrong. In no way am I hoping that NHRA fails. I frequent many NHRA tracks and it would be a huge loss to lose them.
I do think they should have lost their tax exempt status YEARS ago, in fact I am amazed they still have it. They are BIG business with huge profits, they should pay Uncle Sam just like you and I do...

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Al_Alguire] #909505
01/21/11 12:49 PM
01/21/11 12:49 PM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Quote:

I dont really see how any of this could be good for anyone who truly loves drag racing. i just dont get the mentality of some folks.

Yeah and I love how ihra (around here anyway) sold racers on the "combo" race.
So you win your class and still might get runner up money!
I'll race at Route 66 anyday. Don

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: 8secDart] #909506
01/21/11 01:16 PM
01/21/11 01:16 PM
gulfport, ms, west mi
rowin4 Offline
master
rowin4  Offline
master

gulfport, ms, west mi
Don't you think that a tax exempt status organization would pay their board members a little less? lets say $200,000 not the top 2 guy's a million bucks. what is none profit about that? I think uncle sam should investigate and take away their status and pay any back tax's, fee's and penalty's . Sounds like the RED CROSS to me.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: rowin4] #909507
01/21/11 01:45 PM
01/21/11 01:45 PM
Chino Valley
RodStRace Offline
I Live Here
RodStRace  Offline
I Live Here

Chino Valley
The ND guy himself used the word "Business".
A poor choice perhaps, but is an indication that it IS a business, not an org.

Rules are set up due to SFI and insurance input, not racer input. That should change to include racer input, it's gone too far. Racer input only would also be wrong, probably too lenient.

NHRA has consolidated and monopolized to the point where it's big business and does not listen to it's members and core audience.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: 8secDart] #909508
01/21/11 01:52 PM
01/21/11 01:52 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Monte when's the last time you ran a NHRA race.

$300 sportsman fee
plus the insurance fees.
NHRA member fee.
If you oil the track down $250 fine
The list goes on and on.
NHRA is far from putting the little guy first.
I have run both Super Street and in Super Stock.
It was the worst racing for me ever.

So yes I will take my little outlaw tracks and IHRA.They tell me Thank you and love having you here.

I have not raced at an NHRA event personally in years, because I am tuning now, instead of driving. But as far as being there with cars I was tuning on.......about 8 events in 2010. Not one of those guys complained about anything, or that they were being treated poorly. As a matter of fact, we did all the Unleashed races and were treated fantastic.

I have been to just as many IHRA events as NHRA over the years and frankly can't tell the difference in how we were treated. The Pros get most of the attention in NHRA, same in IHRA. The events I went to, if you were not in FC, PS or PM with IHRA, they did not care. And that traveling freak show they have going on now, is 100% about entertaining the fans and nothing about the drivers, so don't tell me how much better they treat the racers. Why do you think all the PM and PS guys are at the ADRL and NHRA

Who cares what Tom Compton makes. He is the presdident of a major corporation. I would imagine his pay is in line with other people with similar positions. Why don't you find out what the president of that organization that owns IHRA makes, bet it's more than Compton.

I am NOT a huge NHRA supporter, I don't like everything they do, but I also realize that drag racing would be much worse of without them and all this supposed mistreatment of the racers, in my 30+ years of participating at NHRA events, I have not seen it.

You will always have people that complain, but those are likely the same people that would complain, regrdless of what you did. Everybody is out to get them and they always feel slighted in some way, so they are going to complain about it.

Monte

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: RodStRace] #909509
01/21/11 01:56 PM
01/21/11 01:56 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

The ND guy himself used the word "Business".
A poor choice perhaps, but is an indication that it IS a business, not an org.

Rules are set up due to SFI and insurance input, not racer input. That should change to include racer input, it's gone too far. Racer input only would also be wrong, probably too lenient.

NHRA has consolidated and monopolized to the point where it's big business and does not listen to it's members and core audience.

Ever been to an SFI meeting....I have. Regarding some new chassis and safety specs. There were execs from every organization, chassis builders, tech guys and yes.....racers in attendance.

Monte

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Monte_Smith] #909510
01/21/11 02:00 PM
01/21/11 02:00 PM
Alexandria, LA
B
Blucuda413 Offline
master
Blucuda413  Offline
master
B

Alexandria, LA
Well said Monte, I agree 100%. Max

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: mopacltd] #909511
01/21/11 02:05 PM
01/21/11 02:05 PM
New Hampshire, USA
O
oldiron Offline
mopar
oldiron  Offline
mopar
O

New Hampshire, USA
So I guess if the NHRA has to pay taxes and gets driven out of drag racing its going to make peoples life better?!?! How?

I guess being vindictive is an end to itself

66 Belvedere Vert, 4 Speed/Jerico, slowly, very slowly, getting faster - NA LD Wedge
New New Best: 10.56 @129
68 B'cuda 4 gear Jerico - Another New Best of 9.86 & Trying to slow up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jDLKwd9Gs
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: oldiron] #909512
01/21/11 02:35 PM
01/21/11 02:35 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
B G Racing,Bob said it best.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MRMOPAR622] #909513
01/21/11 04:11 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
I feel they should pay their tax's juat like you, me and anyone else,they may of been non profit at one time, but that time died long, long, ago,,and if paying their tax's put's them under then there is alot more underlying issues than money. jmo

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MRMOPAR622] #909514
Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
ProStDodge Offline
master
ProStDodge  Offline
master

Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
First - I will say that Monte's take on the subject is right on (again) in my opinion. Which is why his input is so respected on this forum.

Second - Enough with the seat belt B.S. - its a rule in BOTH IHRA and NHRA. Does that mean IHRA is in cahoots with S.F.I. too? Not correct in either case. It means a standard needed to be set to regulate safety items, including seat belts. S.F.I. set the standard. It is a standard which not only helps to insure the belts are in optimal condition, but also to cover their behinds from legal actions. Not all seat belts are created equal and not all are properly cared for. Improper mounting, weather, and sunlight wear the material the belts are made from. Yes, if my car sits in a climate controlled garage any time its not racing, the belts will likely get little or no wear. But there is NO way to control that for every racer. So, the minimum standard was set. I am sure it was fudged on the "safe" side to appease the legal department.

So the 2-year belts are a RULE in both IHRA and NHRA - shut up and live with it, or find a new hobby. (this is NOT directed at any one poster - but to all those that insist on beating this dead horse over and over again)

Scott

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: ProStDodge] #909515
01/21/11 04:37 PM
01/21/11 04:37 PM
yarnell,az
M
mopacltd Offline OP
pro stock
mopacltd  Offline OP
pro stock
M

yarnell,az
Carl Olson....head of SFI and gets his weekly check made payable from the NHRA.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: mopacltd] #909516
01/21/11 04:55 PM
01/21/11 04:55 PM
organ
maximum entropy Offline
master
Happy Birthday maximum entropy  Offline
master

organ
Quote:

Carl Olson....head of SFI and gets his weekly check made payable from the NHRA.

isn't that an interesting arrangement.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: Monte_Smith] #909517
01/21/11 05:12 PM
01/21/11 05:12 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Who cares what Tom Compton makes. He is the presdident of a major corporation.

Monte

OH Monte ......NOW it is a major CORPORATION ? ...

And good ole Carl Olson .... when I was an associate and major sponsor I knew him well. And I bugged-him about bogus rules(and the lack of some legit ones) ... that are NOW instituted or changed.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12