So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

... I'm having a hard time figuring your stand that you are trying to ram down everyones throat.

Again, let's go back to the OP's essential question. Is it ethical for Barry to withhold the info/docs? Fairly simple if we don't continue to get sidetracked...

What if the person wanting the info was going to do something unethical with it.

Should someone give info on a particular car to a person that blatantly re-bodied the car but not admitting to it publicly? That info given would be accomplice to the intent to deceive.

OP has the build sheet to his car and a repop tag. The item is just an inventory sheet at the original dealer. Should be just a curio item or interesting tidbit. Unless the car has other issues it's trying to overcome.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 68X426] #889405
12/30/10 05:39 AM
12/30/10 05:39 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

You hate Barry.

Nothing could be further than the truth! I "hate" no one. Sorry for the redundancy!

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: OzHemi] #889406
12/30/10 06:28 AM
12/30/10 06:28 AM
Goat Rodeo
drago Offline
enthusiast
drago  Offline
enthusiast

Goat Rodeo
Howdy,
I didnt imply that the release of the info stopped Aussie Mopar rebodies. I was making the point that priveliged information leads to corruption. Guys with "registries" hold power over others.
BTW - I bought an Aussie R/T Charger Six Pack off one of the "list/registry" holders - the car has a restamped block which wasn't disclosed to me at purchase.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: anlauto] #889407
12/30/10 08:26 AM
12/30/10 08:26 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

If you had the original tags why would you need GG to supply you with new tags , no wonder you have so much invested in that rebody , you spent money unwisely .

Well...To answer JohnRR's question....

When I bought the car it had only the number matching tranny, original door sticker still in place and a nice original BCS. I thought 3 out of 5 wasn't bad so I made the purchase.
I went to register the car with GG, because as I've said many many times I'm a strong supporter of all registries, and that is when Galen told me the car was already on file and that some one had already had the original fender tags (which I didn't have) decoded. Galen put that guy in contact with me....I got the tags and a new set to boot. I've since become good friends with the guy that had the tags...

Money wisely spent , I vaguely remember you posting that , I'll have to find some other way to pee in your Wheaties to keep this going ...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889408
12/30/10 08:38 AM
12/30/10 08:38 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So I did a little digging....revealed some, um, interesting hits though, I'll leave it at that.

Disclosure: I don't know Barry. I know nobody in this fight.

Barry, man, that is one cheap shot.

We STILL have not heard an answer to the main question. When Galen and Barry ask for documentation, by whose authority are they requesting it and what do they do with it? Let me go first by saying that ALL documentation that we request is mandated from the Manufacturers and reported to them on a Quarterly basis. We also give all VIN data to Ivan Blackman (Director of the NICB) to include in their National archives and database. We also carry a $2 million liability Insurance policy with the the Auto Manufacturers listed as Co-riders, to protect the Industry against Fraud, Scams, etc.... Keep in mind that ALL information we collect is kept private! We never relinquish the owner's personal data unless there would be an internal audit or criminal investigation. To date, neither scenario has taken place!

I sure wish one of the "other guys" would come here to disclose by whose authority they are directed to collect AND MARKET everyone's personal Automobile data! Again, who mandates your rules for requesting and collecting "personal" vehicle information?

Dave why are you ATTACKING just Barry and Galen? I'm sure there are hundreds of these type registries for all make of automobilies that were set up by hobbyists over the decades.

Dave it seems to me that you have an axe to grind with Barry and Galen and from reading posts from you on other subjects over the past few years, you are very vendictive to the point of spending thousands of dollars to fool the fools, who is really the fool?

There are a number of hypocrites posting in this thread, if one is going on a witch hunt then one should be hunting ALL the witches.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Alaskan_TA] #889409
12/30/10 08:51 AM
12/30/10 08:51 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

To Mr. Pealer;

I know that I had a reason for blocking your email address & posts from view here, but I can not find it & do not remember the exact reason.

So, I'll consider that a mistake on my part, learn from it & move on.

Is it possible that I had you confused with someone else with the same name? Maybe.

So, just like I do with anyone, email me with proof of legal ownership of the car & proof the car does in fact exist & I will post an image of what I have for it here. It is not much, but it is part of the cars history regardless.

A color scan of the title in your name will do for proof of ownership.

Photos of the car itself, the body numbers & dash VIN should prove the car still exists.

If you prefer, you can post the images here, up to you.

For everyone else, dang, be careful what you put on the internet.

Well this pretty much sums it up, maybe the mods should lock this down now and the internet bullies can move on to bully something/someone else ?

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889410
12/30/10 10:34 AM
12/30/10 10:34 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Where's the poll for re-bodied cars with real or "fake" tags?

i would love to see if dayclona is stupid enough to take a rebodied car to the DMV and tell them that he swapped the VIN tag off another car. because,if he doesn't tell it. well,than he is just a fraud. or,you don't tell it,and your still a fraud. unless the laws of every state in the united states,doesn't apply to you....

nobody at any DMV in America is going to know if a car is "rebodied" or not. Here in Md. they don't even look at the car. If you are appling for Historic tags the car doesn't even get inspected. They only time anybody ever looks at the VIN is at a car show or maybe a cop if you get pulled over. Usually they just write you a ticket and bail. I'd even argue what's the diferrence in swaping some body numbers and a VIN to a "less desired" car than starting w/ a rusted out hulk of a shell and replacing everything around the numbers and the VIN...Same thing you are hacking up one car to fix another and in the end you have replaced every piece of metal..but that's a different post.
Good thing I'll never be #'s matching guy. Best advice buyer beware. If you are going to spend tons of money on a car do your OWN research.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Alaskan_TA] #889411
12/30/10 11:24 AM
12/30/10 11:24 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
I think we can agree that this dealership inventory page is not really that significant so why not just post it on your web site so people can click it and print it off?

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mr.Yuck] #889412
12/30/10 11:27 AM
12/30/10 11:27 AM
kentucky
S
superbyrd Offline
enthusiast
superbyrd  Offline
enthusiast
S

kentucky
once again. turn it around,re-word it anyway you want,no matter what state in the united states you live in,ANYWHERE, SWAPPING VIN TAGS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER IS AGAINST THE LAW.
all the roadrunners,cuda's,challenger r/t's,six-pack cars,hemi cars,etc. that are originals,restored and still out there are all that is left. if you have rebodied any of them. you have built a fake.
doesn't matter who you have fooled,or how you justify it,you still own a fake. it's no better than a clone. period.
one of the best examples,a couple of years ago,a guy at a big local show,had a 69 coronet R/T there,beautiful car. he was standing there telling how it was a badly rusted out,numbers matching,26,XXX original mile 4-speed car,and that he had bought a rust-free 69 coronet slant 6 car,to "save and rebody the R/T". so he disclosed that. no big deal. the funny? a bit later,3 on-duty police officers were walking around the show,and they stopped at this guys car,and,being the part of the country we live in,1 of the officers asked the man if he was the one who restored the car,and how did he find such a rust-free and straight coronet around here? now,all of a sudden,his answer was,"um,uh,yeah i restored it". lolol. why did he not tell the officer,"oh,i bought a rust-free body and swapped the VIN tag"???
because he has something to hide.and,now stay with me here......IT"S ILLEGAL

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889413
12/30/10 11:34 AM
12/30/10 11:34 AM
Long Island NY
ErikR Offline
pro stock
ErikR  Offline
pro stock

Long Island NY
Quote:

That is the problem when a "self appointed" person decides to set up camp and run their "Registry." They become like Hitler or Mussolini.

Dave - you lose! see Godwin's law

seriously though - I think the back and fourth on [eric cartman] AUTHORITY! {/eric cartman] getting tired but unfortunately it is relevant for discussing registries.

I think the issue of registries is worth discussing though, let's talk solutions to the perceived problem.

Dave what would you propose as an alternative to these registries.

I see them as a catch 22 myself. The registries have good and bad aspects. I'd love to have them all searchable so I can do my own research but most of the data is these registries is not public and for me this leads to the hoarding model. maybe that does serve to protect the hobby so that's good.

what if the data from all the registries were completely public / open? What if all the hard earned domain knowledge was made public so anyone would be able to determine how a tag or bcs was made - would this lead to more fraud or more informed buyers? maybe both?

again I'd be interested to hear about alternatives to the one person one registry model.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889414
12/30/10 11:37 AM
12/30/10 11:37 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

once again. turn it around,re-word it anyway you want,no matter what state in the united states you live in,ANYWHERE, SWAPPING VIN TAGS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER IS AGAINST THE LAW.
all the roadrunners,cuda's,challenger r/t's,six-pack cars,hemi cars,etc. that are originals,restored and still out there are all that is left. if you have rebodied any of them. you have built a fake.
doesn't matter who you have fooled,or how you justify it,you still own a fake. it's no better than a clone. period.
one of the best examples,a couple of years ago,a guy at a big local show,had a 69 coronet R/T there,beautiful car. he was standing there telling how it was a badly rusted out,numbers matching,26,XXX original mile 4-speed car,and that he had bought a rust-free 69 coronet slant 6 car,to "save and rebody the R/T". so he disclosed that. no big deal. the funny? a bit later,3 on-duty police officers were walking around the show,and they stopped at this guys car,and,being the part of the country we live in,1 of the officers asked the man if he was the one who restored the car,and how did he find such a rust-free and straight coronet around here? now,all of a sudden,his answer was,"um,uh,yeah i restored it". lolol. why did he not tell the officer,"oh,i bought a rust-free body and swapped the VIN tag"???
because he has something to hide.and,now stay with me here......IT"S ILLEGAL

Ok so I had the core support, one front frame rail, part of the uni-body, roof, one and a 1/2 rear frame rail, trunk lip and dash supported on a frame machine and I welded all new metal around it. Is that legal? I wasn't making a legal or illegal point. Just stating you are basically doing the same thing, some will say that's a restoration and some will say re-body.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17