QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Quote:

.. If the OP is asking for Barry to fabricate a fendertag, that implies that Barry is very skilled at doing it ...no? This means he has done it before.
If so, under what circumstances did Barry make those f.tags? Either way, it appears those circumstances have changed.

The OP is not asking Barry to fabricate a fendertag, he has a car that he found through Barry's website that Barry has dealership documents for... Typically Barry will provide that sort of stuff to a person free of charge with proof that you own the car.... However Barry has a hard & fast rule that he doesn't provide any help to people who falsify documentation on vehicles... Well earlier this year the OP posted that he'd had a fender tag made for another car he owns.. Barry tracks this stuff & earlier in this thread he posted the OP's earlier post.. Barry's integrity is not for sale... Many here have seen instances where the same can not be said for a self proclaimed "Guru"... I think that covers it...

So then your saying Barry is holding those documents for ransom, It's the cars paperwork NOT Barry's...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 62maxwgn] #889125
12/27/10 03:41 PM
12/27/10 03:41 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

If you were to do a 100 pt restoration on this car would you want this tag to be present or a "DUPLICATION" of same?

I personally would never do one on that car it's an eh-body...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: QuickBpBp] #889126
12/27/10 03:46 PM
12/27/10 03:46 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

.. If the OP is asking for Barry to fabricate a fendertag, that implies that Barry is very skilled at doing it ...no? This means he has done it before.
If so, under what circumstances did Barry make those f.tags? Either way, it appears those circumstances have changed.

The OP is not asking Barry to fabricate a fendertag, he has a car that he found through Barry's website that Barry has dealership documents for... Typically Barry will provide that sort of stuff to a person free of charge with proof that you own the car.... However Barry has a hard & fast rule that he doesn't provide any help to people who falsify documentation on vehicles... Well earlier this year the OP posted that he'd had a fender tag made for another car he owns.. Barry tracks this stuff & earlier in this thread he posted the OP's earlier post.. Barry's integrity is not for sale... Many here have seen instances where the same can not be said for a self proclaimed "Guru"... I think that covers it...

So then your saying Barry is holding those documents for ransom, It's the cars paperwork NOT Barry's...

Really? paperwork that was never intended to follow the car belongs to the car? Barry's isn't holding anything for ransom, there would be no charge for the documents to the owner of the car.. If he cared to give those documents to the owner but because he is aware of past history he chooses not to give something away... The term ransom hardly applies when there is nothing the owner of the car can provide which would cause Barry's opinion to change.... If the car were to change ownership than Barry would likely provide whatever documents he has...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: QuickBpBp] #889127
12/27/10 03:47 PM
12/27/10 03:47 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

Quote:

If you were to do a 100 pt restoration on this car would you want this tag to be present or a "DUPLICATION" of same?

yes, a beautiful, sexy Challenger R/T 440-6 deserving of nothing but the FINEST restoration.
Thanks for keeping your hands off them!

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #889128
12/27/10 03:53 PM
12/27/10 03:53 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yes, a beautiful, sexy Challenger R/T 440-6 deserving of nothing but the FINEST restoration.

Well that will never happen,that one went to the big yard in the sky in 1972,what was left was crushed in 1986.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #889129
12/27/10 03:54 PM
12/27/10 03:54 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I like B-body's and your welcome the Camaro's of Mopar do nothing for me....Nothing special when you go to a show and gotta check your license plate to make sure you got in the right one..

Or better yet have to open the hood to see if you got in the real one

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 62maxwgn] #889130
12/27/10 03:55 PM
12/27/10 03:55 PM
Ramona, CA
NicksGarage Offline
master
NicksGarage  Offline
master

Ramona, CA
Quote:

I personally appreciate when someone leaves a ragged original tag on a restored car. It lets you know some idea of what kind of condition the car was in before it was restored.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #889131
12/27/10 04:00 PM
12/27/10 04:00 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Really? paperwork that was never intended to follow the car belongs to the car? Barry's isn't holding anything for ransom, there would be no charge for the documents to the owner of the car.. If he cared to give those documents to the owner but because he is aware of past history he chooses not to give something away... The term ransom hardly applies when there is nothing the owner of the car can provide which would cause Barry's opinion to change.... If the car were to change ownership than Barry would likely provide whatever documents he has...

IMO yes that paperwork was found and most likely given to him as "if the car ever showed up....Here is some paperwork on it"...You said yourself in the last sentence IF it changes hands THEN he would provide the documents...ransom maybe a strong word but I do not know what else it should be called....

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: QuickBpBp] #889132
12/27/10 04:03 PM
12/27/10 04:03 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

IMO yes that paperwork was found and most likely given to him as "if the car ever showed up....Here is some paperwork on it"...You said yourself in the last sentence IF it changes hands THEN he would provide the documents...ransom maybe a strong word but I do not know what else it should be called....

You do what your comfortable with, if I have documents I'll send them to Barry, IMO he raises the bar for integrity in our hobby & I don't see how that is anything but good...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889133
12/27/10 04:04 PM
12/27/10 04:04 PM
michigan woods
imfixinmopars426 Offline
master
imfixinmopars426  Offline
master

michigan woods
the 70 hemi runner i bought needs a tag! there its out there!!!!and will i have a tag made for it? time will tell,i want to,but i dont want to EVER be accused of passing off the car w/ a original tag.there is NO doubt its a real hemi car,and mostly original,so its not too hard to tell.. i think it would be cool,to repo a tag,as correctly as possible,and in the last 4 digits of the vin have REPO instead of the numbers....would THAT make "most" people happy? oh yea,i forgot......its MY f*cin' car!!!...lol
RM21ROA**REPO

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #889134
12/27/10 04:10 PM
12/27/10 04:10 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

You do what your comfortable with, if I have documents I'll send them to Barry, IMO he raises the bar for integrity in our hobby & I don't see how that is anything but good...

If the guys owns the car,the guy owns the car. Exactly how is holding the documentation for a car to show what it is raising the integrity? If anything in my mind it's making sure that car STAYS anything that it is not....

I got some snow to move,not enough to go snowmobiling though....

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: imfixinmopars426] #889135
12/27/10 04:16 PM
12/27/10 04:16 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

the 70 hemi runner i bought needs a tag! there its out there!!!!and will i have a tag made for it? time will tell,i want to,but i dont want to EVER be accused of passing off the car w/ a original tag.there is NO doubt its a real hemi car,and mostly original,so its not too hard to tell.. i think it would be cool,to repo a tag,as correctly as possible,and in the last 4 digits of the vin have REPO instead of the numbers....would THAT make "most" people happy? oh yea,i forgot......its MY f*cin' car!!!...lol
RM21ROA**REPO

Careful all of a sudden it won't be a "real" Hemi car....LOL
It's not really your car. Go and just read some of the threads on here. It's a piece of history built by someone else and should be done how THEY want it done,not how you do..

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: QuickBpBp] #889136
12/27/10 04:17 PM
12/27/10 04:17 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
in my opinion, it all is in the intent of the owner.

is it wrong to restore a car with aftermarket metal, but do so well enough that it looks original and an expert can't tell the difference between the orignal and restored?

only if the owner passes it off as "all original sheet metal" to command a higher price.

I feel the same way on the fender tag...if the car is fully restored and the owner wants a nice new looking tag to go with the new restoration...is that wrong?

again, only if he uses it to command a higher price and hides the fact that things are copies, not originals.

sadly, not everyone has integrity and too many people have used good fakes to take money from the unknowing.

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: imfixinmopars426] #889137
12/27/10 04:18 PM
12/27/10 04:18 PM
kentucky
S
superbyrd Offline
enthusiast
superbyrd  Offline
enthusiast
S

kentucky
so let me guess,that challenger fender tag (the ragged one or a repop tag) will be winding up on a different challenger,restored as a 440-6 R/T?????? and i suppose it will still be the original car? lolol. right.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 70Runnerdude] #889138
12/27/10 04:31 PM
12/27/10 04:31 PM
Blairsden, CA
T
Triggerfish Offline
top fuel
Triggerfish  Offline
top fuel
T

Blairsden, CA
I understand your predicament & hope you can find your original. I started a resto 5 yrs ago on my 68 383, 4spd Formula S & misplaced the tag or my mechanic did. Either way, I've got to find the original & even though I have the build sheet, I won't buy a ropop fender tag. The repops look fake to the discerning eye, anyway, & a few yrs ago, my bro bought a $42K, rotiserrie restored 68 GTX from a very 'reputable' dealer & resto shop that was a fake. He didn't know it until 6 mos after he sold the car to put his daughter thru college. Now, after looking at the tag, I can see its a fake. I'd never buy a car from this dealer & certainly question his reputation whether he know about it or not.
I agree, it depends on intent, but I certainly understand Barry's stand. Don't get me wrong, I'm in NO way accusing you of being dishonest, nor demeaning your intent with the following link. This article is exactly why, I believe, Barry feels the way he does. I was a victim of this guy who sold me a damaged 70 hemi block & crank & only found recourse by adding it to this lawsuit, because Barry & another Moparts member saw Pappas's ad on ebay & Hemmings & knew he was selling a fake &posted it on cuda chllenger.com.
Hats off to Barry & Aaron who noticed his tag & vin plate were fakes & posted it on the net. Here's the link http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2006/07/01/hmn_feature16.html
I was going to make a tag on my hemi challenger clone & put OH MANGO Kick ass Hemi, on the bottom line, but never did.

Anyway, best of luck finding your tag.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: stickman] #889139
12/27/10 05:00 PM
12/27/10 05:00 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Forgive me if I`am wrong. Do you guys disagree with having a tag made off of your build sheet?
What is the concern were?

Tim , depending on the plant the car was built at it is not possible to make a correct tag because not all the info on the tag is printed on the Broadcast sheet. Lynch Rd. for instance has codes that can't be found on any documentation available that I have ever seen or found.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: JohnRR] #889140
12/27/10 05:08 PM
12/27/10 05:08 PM
imperial mo.
S
stickman Offline
super stock
stickman  Offline
super stock
S

imperial mo.
So another reason why it may be hard to correctly duplicate a missing tag.
How much snow did you end up with John? Hope your staying warm buddy.

YOU CAN`T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS IF YOU NEVER LEAVE THE PORCH.

EB5 70 U Code RT/SE Shaker Challenger
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: stickman] #889141
12/27/10 05:14 PM
12/27/10 05:14 PM
San Francisco Ca
SCATPK Offline
master
SCATPK  Offline
master

San Francisco Ca
http://www.trimtags.com/mopar.pdf
What is wrong with this picture? If you happen to have your original tag it would be helpful or you can just make it up.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889142
12/27/10 05:15 PM
12/27/10 05:15 PM
Baltimore/Denver
64Post Offline
master
64Post  Offline
master

Baltimore/Denver
Quote:

I personally appreciate when someone leaves a ragged original tag on a restored car. It lets you know some idea of what kind of condition the car was in before it was restored.

Yeah, and at that point my mind starts to think rebody...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 64Post] #889143
12/27/10 05:32 PM
12/27/10 05:32 PM
USA
J
JoesMopar Offline
master
JoesMopar  Offline
master
J

USA
I have to chime in here for myself.

I'm strictly against making fake tags and such. But the comments like "what do you want it for unless you want to sell it" are just BS.

I have a '77 Monaco cop car, has the VIN, door tag, emissions tag, etc all in place and the sequential number matches the radiator support, block, etc. The fender tags are missing and so is the buildsheet (though I haven't looked hard for it), is it wrong for me to not want them just for my own amusement? I know what's on the car, is it not ok to add the codes that you know are on the car? Even if you add the minimum that must be on the car, I just want to see something screwed in there, especially the "special handling" tag that's missing.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17