Print Thread
70RR Qtr Extension Stud Replacements #85770
07/08/08 12:04 PM
07/08/08 12:04 PM
NY, Monroe County
70RRJim Offline OP
70RRJim  Offline OP

NY, Monroe County
I have some broken studs coming out of the rear quater extensions. I want to replace and reuse the 1/4 extension in my restoration, is there a supplier out there for these studs and also the nuts. It looks like they are potted into the aluminum casting and will need to be drilled out. Any one have any tricks or tips out there? This must be a common problem that someone must have dealt with it. I was thinking of drilling and tapping with threaded rod but was hoping for a better solution.

Thanks

Re: 70RR Qtr Extension Stud Replacements [Re: 70RRJim] #85771
07/08/08 10:43 PM
07/08/08 10:43 PM
WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM Indiana
plumbeeper Offline
mopar
plumbeeper  Offline
mopar

WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM Indiana
Quote:

I have some broken studs coming out of the rear quater extensions. I want to replace and reuse the 1/4 extension in my restoration, is there a supplier out there for these studs and also the nuts. It looks like they are potted into the aluminum casting and will need to be drilled out. Any one have any tricks or tips out there? This must be a common problem that someone must have dealt with it. I was thinking of drilling and tapping with threaded rod but was hoping for a better solution.

Thanks

I think that's what we done with a couple of them. I can't remember if there's enough material there to drill out and put in a heli-coil or not but it would be best if you could along with some loc-tite.

Dave

Dave