11/15/10 09:09 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline OP
master
B G Racing  Offline OP
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

He's not going to ruin it with a repaint is he?

How many 6 figure Hemi cars have been ruined by complete restorations and repaints? Jim is going to do what he wants having owned this treasure for 44 years.He knows the value and has ignored substancial offers.It's time to enjoy it while he still can.He is as excited working on the car at the shop as he was the day he bought it and will more excited when he can cruise with it.What ever Jim decides BGR will help him in his quest.He's not asking for opinions,we just wanted everyone to know that there are still gems hidden out there and when they surface it's nice to share the finds with everyone.Lets just be happy and share Jims excitment.

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854285
11/15/10 09:19 PM
11/15/10 09:19 PM
ohio
H
HEMIDARTS Offline
master
HEMIDARTS  Offline
master
H

ohio

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854286
11/15/10 09:20 PM
11/15/10 09:20 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
Very cool Bob and to both of you and another for trusting his pride and joy to absolutely the right guy for the job

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854287
11/15/10 09:32 PM
11/15/10 09:32 PM
Dandridge TN
D
Dabee Offline
master
Dabee  Offline
master
D

Dandridge TN
Way cool!! God Bless him for keeping and achieving his dream. I'm sure he will enjoy that ride when it is done.

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854288
11/15/10 11:52 PM
11/15/10 11:52 PM
So. Jersey
Somerdale Flash Offline
enthusiast
Somerdale Flash  Offline
enthusiast

So. Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

He's not going to ruin it with a repaint is he?

How many 6 figure Hemi cars have been ruined by complete restorations and repaints? Jim is going to do what he wants having owned this treasure for 44 years.He knows the value and has ignored substancial offers.It's time to enjoy it while he still can.He is as excited working on the car at the shop as he was the day he bought it and will more excited when he can cruise with it.What ever Jim decides BGR will help him in his quest.He's not asking for opinions,we just wanted everyone to know that there are still gems hidden out there and when they surface it's nice to share the finds with everyone.Lets just be happy and share Jims excitment.

X2.

Not a better shop anywhere, for Jim's car to receive it's "Do Over"

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: Dabee] #854289
11/15/10 11:53 PM
11/15/10 11:53 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Thank you to BGR for "just putting the car together so the guy can drive it the way he wants to" I applaud the guys that DON'T restore a muscle car
It was meant to be driven and driven hard!!!
Thanks Bob
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854290
11/16/10 12:06 AM
11/16/10 12:06 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Nothing against BGR at all, awesome guys, best in the business for what they do, but MAN! I am shaking my head BIG TIME! All of the small original details that get destroyed forever when you take a low mile survivor engine out of a car like that, rebuilt it and repaint it, etc. Sorry but to me it's a damn shame he took that car to a race car shop. What a waste of history!

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #854291
11/16/10 03:48 AM
11/16/10 03:48 AM
Missouri
68KillerBee Offline
master
68KillerBee  Offline
master

Missouri
Quote:

Nothing against BGR at all, awesome guys, best in the business for what they do, but MAN! I am shaking my head BIG TIME! All of the small original details that get destroyed forever when you take a low mile survivor engine out of a car like that, rebuilt it and repaint it, etc. Sorry but to me it's a damn shame he took that car to a race car shop. What a waste of history!

It's like the guy thinks it is just a car or something!!

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #854292
11/16/10 04:00 AM
11/16/10 04:00 AM
moparpollack Offline
Lil Herman
moparpollack  Offline
Lil Herman

Quote:

Sorry you lost out on another sale Scott.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #854293
11/16/10 04:30 AM
11/16/10 04:30 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline OP
master
B G Racing  Offline OP
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Scott,your statement couldn't be more invalid,we have restored more valuable cars that retain values that exceed over $500,000.Not to mention my unrestored Hemi Dart.We have talked to Jim at length and are also consulting with my brother Tony George about this car.I understand and respect your opinion,but it's just that,your opinion.I also have an opinion,that if a man hangs on to his dream for 44 years and when he reaches a age or stage in his life that he wishes to live that dream before it's too late,then he is intitled to do so.That you disagree is fine,but respecting Jim's wishes is the only opinion that matters.I have already respectfully talked him out of his original plan and we are evaluating a new stragity with Tony's imput.That you think bringing it to BGR was a mistake is correct,a mistake on your part.Obiviously you don't know much about BGR.That we shared this event with everyone on Mopars and may share the future project,one would think we would be applauded not critized Respectfully Bob

Last edited by B G Racing; 11/16/10 04:37 AM.
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854294
11/16/10 08:43 AM
11/16/10 08:43 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Quote:

Scott,your statement couldn't be more invalid,we have restored more valuable cars that retain values that exceed over $500,000.Not to mention my unrestored Hemi Dart.We have talked to Jim at length and are also consulting with my brother Tony George about this car.I understand and respect your opinion,but it's just that,your opinion.I also have an opinion,that if a man hangs on to his dream for 44 years and when he reaches a age or stage in his life that he wishes to live that dream before it's too late,then he is intitled to do so.That you disagree is fine,but respecting Jim's wishes is the only opinion that matters.I have already respectfully talked him out of his original plan and we are evaluating a new stragity with Tony's imput.That you think bringing it to BGR was a mistake is correct,a mistake on your part.Obiviously you don't know much about BGR.That we shared this event with everyone on Mopars and may share the future project,one would think we would be applauded not critized Respectfully Bob

Very well said Bob -

Russ

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #854295
11/16/10 09:54 AM
11/16/10 09:54 AM
somwhere
S
smokinwoody Offline
I Live Here
smokinwoody  Offline
I Live Here
S

somwhere
Quote:

I cant believe you said all that Scott...

especialy being on this board so long...

you read like I do, about all the guys that are extremely satisfied with BGR and the different services they provide...what on earth would make you feel they couldnt do this car and their client justice...

bet you would cringe at what I did with my cars and yet there are those that would applaud the modifications..the ones you cant see..

I dont know Bob personaly but thru pictures I can see they do some very good work and knows what hes doing

I read you think he's awesome and thats where it should have stopped...Im quite sure all those little original details will be there...probably for your inspection

I have nothing against you Scott, you can be an awesome person yourself..

all in that order

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854296
11/16/10 10:25 AM
11/16/10 10:25 AM
Michigan
C
ccarson Offline
enthusiast
ccarson  Offline
enthusiast
C

Michigan
Quote:

Quote:

I don’t come on here much but I have to throw my 2 cents in this time, in regards’ to Mr Harms objection to dismantling this gentleman’s car, it is an inanimate object and it is his to do with, or not to do with.
I think some people forget that the reason these vehicles are valued is their racing history and lore which includes street racing, just have a good time and when it’s done

Drive it!

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: ccarson] #854297
11/16/10 10:41 AM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Cars are to be enjoyed by the people that own them. If all 'original' cars were kept in safes or lock-boxes,,,there wouldn't be any SS/AH class would there? I am looking forward to the pics and completion of this car, as a friend of mine had one very similar he bought new. He still has the engine from it, but has just about given up on ever finding the body for restoration. Good luck on the "do-over".

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: smokinwoody] #854298
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline OP
master
B G Racing  Offline OP
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

I cant believe you said all that Scott...

especialy being on this board so long...

you read like I do, about all the guys that are extremely satisfied with BGR and the different services they provide...what on earth would make you feel they couldnt do this car and their client justice...

bet you would cringe at what I did with my cars and yet there are those that would applaud the modifications..the ones you cant see..

I dont know Bob personaly but thru pictures I can see they do some very good work and knows what hes doing

I read you think he's awesome and thats where it should have stopped...Im quite sure all those little original details will be there...probably for your inspection

I have nothing against you Scott, you can be an awesome person yourself..

all in that order

Easy everyone,my intent was not to bash Scott.Many of us know the rule Scott plays in dealing with these type of cars.I felt he made a incorrect statment with a bad choise of verbage towards BGR and just wanted to set the record straight.BGR has helped many collectors ,restorers,and owners of rare muscle cars and rare race cars over the years.From assisting with total restorations,engine and componant rebuilds,parts and repairs and helping secure the history on such cars.Our clientale reads like the whos,who of owners.We do so at the request and disgression of our customers and do not disclose any information with out their permission.Many of our customers frequent this site and as many know we never solicit or advertise for work,they seek us out.Our reputation speaks for it's self.That we do share info occasionally only shows our respect for Moparts and it's members,our friends and family Respectfully Bob.

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: B G Racing] #854299
11/16/10 10:46 AM
11/16/10 10:46 AM
Holly/MI
D
Dean_Kuzluzski Offline
master
Dean_Kuzluzski  Offline
master
D

Holly/MI
I think people forget what those cars were built for. To be driven, not just looked at or hidden away.

If you want documentation, take lots of pic's.

I say, congrat's to Jim, time to cut hay while the sun still shines. Build it to run and run it hard.

R.I.P.- Gary "Coop" Davis 02/09/68-05/13/04
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: Dean_Kuzluzski] #854300
11/16/10 11:13 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
I appologize if I've stepped on any toes, as I said in my opening comment, I have full respect for BGR as a race car shop, please pardon my ignorance on the subject but I had no idea they did any "restoration" type work.

Bob thank you for your supportive words!

As far as my other comments AT NO POINT did I exclaim that the car should not be driven or stashed away in a hyperbaric chamber for all eternity! I hope the owner drives and enjoys it to the max!

All I was trying to convey is that there are so few of these cars that are still untouched originals, especially the engine bays. It is a shame to lose another pristine example for whatever reason, at least before the finer details are recorded in extreme detail so they can at least be used as future restoration reference material. I am more sensitive to this subject than most because I am heavily involved and interested in restoration work and judging them. I can't tell you how many "survivor" cars I've seen with freshly painted engines and detailed undercarriages, about all that "survived" or was left original was the paint on many of them. I see it as an opportunity to gain knowledge lost and too me that's a shame.

As far as the comments about me losing business? Of course I value the business you guys give me, my customers are my most important asset. But does being a business owner remove my right to voice a personal opinion? I really hope not. In the end whether you agree with my opinions or not I stand by my posts here on Moparts, I'm not perfect and I'll occasional make a mistake, and when I do I'll be the first to take the responsibility.

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: Dean_Kuzluzski] #854301
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
Bob could we get some more pictures of the car and interior. Is it an auto or 4 speed?

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: dannysbee] #854302
11/16/10 11:21 AM
11/16/10 11:21 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline OP
master
B G Racing  Offline OP
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Bob could we get some more pictures of the car and interior. Is it an auto or 4 speed?

Danny,
It's an automatic.Interior is blue like the exterior and in great condition.I will try and get some more pictures up this weekend.

Re: 1966 Time Capsule opened at BGR [Re: dannysbee] #854303
11/16/10 11:22 AM
11/16/10 11:22 AM
Illinois
StrkrDart69 Offline
super stock
StrkrDart69  Offline
super stock

Illinois
Bob more pics please and keep us updated. Can you get better pics?

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13