Print Thread
Wiring harness...... #82809
07/01/08 05:53 PM
07/01/08 05:53 PM
Camp LeJeune, NC
USMCBuckWild Offline OP
USMCBuckWild  Offline OP

Camp LeJeune, NC
So i'm looking on Ebay at painless wiring harnesses and up comes an "EZ 2 Wire" wiring harness accesories and parts. It looks pretty decent, I downloaded the instruction manual, and it looks pretty in depth. Anyone installed one of these or heard of the company? This fits my budget alot better than the painless kit does....

It ain't illegal unless you get caught!
Re: Wiring harness...... [Re: USMCBuckWild] #82810
07/02/08 12:42 AM
07/02/08 12:42 AM
Chicago, Illinois
Devil Offline
I Live Here
Devil  Offline
I Live Here

Chicago, Illinois
I did/am doing the painless 10127 mopar setup. It is a multi-mopar one, doesn't have ends and such. But is an excellent product. Does need a little tweaking here and there. But a memeber on here works for painless and can help you, as can I.

Ryan

Re: Wiring harness...... [Re: Devil] #82811
07/02/08 02:26 AM
07/02/08 02:26 AM
Houston, Tx
A
AlexP Offline
I Live Here
AlexP  Offline
I Live Here
A

Houston, Tx
Be careful. The products that are labeled "EZ" are made in China and are the epitome of cheap.

I bought one and it was backordered. The seller on ebay substitued a Kwikwire harness that is made in the US instead. A few weeks after the Kwikwire harness comes in, the EZ harness shows up at my door. It looked, felt and even smelled cheap. I gladly sent it back to him on my dollar.

The car is currently wired with a Kwikwire harness and is pending completion of the dash and column wiring. It is being professionally installed by my friends father and is coming together great. I gave him my 68 FSM and the instructions included with the harness and he had it 90% done in the first week. The hardest part has been adapting all the plugs from the old harness to the new one, but the same thing would have happened with the Painless harness. No plugs are included, but like the painless every wire is labeled. He wired everything major onto a relay, and there isn't a single connection in the harness that isn't soldered and shrink wrapped. Good stuff.

I paid $150 for the Kwikwire harness, and used the rest of it to pay someone who knows what they are doing to wire it in. I'm still coming out cheaper than the Painless harness original purchase price.

Seeing what I have seen, there is no way I would use a Chinese harness in one of these cars.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.
Re: Wiring harness...... [Re: AlexP] #82812
07/02/08 01:56 PM
07/02/08 01:56 PM
North Riverside IL & Lowell IN
GTXKen Offline
super gas
GTXKen  Offline
super gas

North Riverside IL & Lowell IN
Go with Kwikwire, they are prices right and well made. I used one in my car and it worked out very well.

Ken

Re: Wiring harness...... [Re: GTXKen] #82813
07/02/08 05:59 PM
07/02/08 05:59 PM
Camp LeJeune, NC
USMCBuckWild Offline OP
USMCBuckWild  Offline OP

Camp LeJeune, NC
Thanks for the input! I think I'll go with the kwikwire kit, the better quality one.. Appreciate all the help from everyone. I'll be doing this on my own here in about a week, so look out for some questions!

Thanks again!

It ain't illegal unless you get caught!