10/10/10 08:09 PM
10/10/10 08:09 PM
Mohnton, Pa
DodgeCharger Offline
master
DodgeCharger  Offline
master

Mohnton, Pa
I am no expert on the class but if the front end parts are anything other than Factory Apearing the car should not be legal. As far as a safety issue. That is a load of bull. The only safety issue is created when you try to exceed that factory wheel travel to transfer weight to the rear tires to gain a competitive advantage.

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: DodgeCharger] #819875
10/10/10 08:18 PM
10/10/10 08:18 PM
central new york
pettyblue440 Offline
master
pettyblue440  Offline
master

central new york
How can anyone have a problem with the stang or vette? These cars passed the rules/tech as they are written. I'm pretty sure they are written in such a way to allow these upgrades they were given.

I love this style of racing

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: HPMike] #819876
10/11/10 12:35 PM
10/11/10 12:35 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Waynes Transmission? Seems like I was there but I have no idea what was wrong with Waynes transmission.

He was running a TH350,IIRC, which everyone knows isn't installed behind alum head Chevy Rat motors. Who cares, it was legal then as it is now. No different than a C4 behind a 429 Ford or a 904 in a T/A Mopar.

MB

That's what screwed ME up first time I started to follow F.A.S.T.
I thought it was exactly as stated- FACTORY APPEARING. I then was told certain things were allowed, so I went rule reading, and sure enough, if the acronym is taken as "the exact term" then people don't understand the class, IMO anyways.
Things CAN be tweaked, things that don't APPEAR factory stock can be allowed, and alterations can be made.

Quote:

The arguing starts? By who, the people who have never even laid eyes on an actual FAST car??

As far as guys commenting on F.A.S.T. cars that haven't been there.... I wonder if the same applies to all the threads?

I never want to see YOU comment on a band like the Beatles, you were never in the Beatles!!!

There is interest on the west coast too, but you eastern guys are hogging the F.A.S.T. stuff all to yourselves!!!!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #819877
10/11/10 01:00 PM
10/11/10 01:00 PM
Indy
C
cjfordman Offline
cjfordman  Offline
C

Indy
The races are near where most of the racers are.If there were a group of racers in other parts of the country then they would most likely have some races near them.You don't build a gas station where there are no cars

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: cjfordman] #819878
10/11/10 10:10 PM
10/11/10 10:10 PM
Down under
S
slantman Offline
slantman  Offline
S

Down under
Quote:

The races are near where most of the racers are.If there were a group of racers in other parts of the country then they would most likely have some races near them.You don't build a gas station where there are no cars

I love this class of racing, and am building my 63 Dodge to the F.A.S.T. rules. However, as far as I know, I'll have the only car of this type in the country, so I'll be racing against myself. At least I'll know who will win all the races I enter.

Back on topic, big congrats to Dave, Lane and all the other F.A.S.T.racers. Keep posting the race results, I love watching it from here, down under.

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #819879
10/11/10 11:08 PM
10/11/10 11:08 PM
NY
X
XXHEMI Offline
super stock
XXHEMI  Offline
super stock
X

NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Waynes Transmission? Seems like I was there but I have no idea what was wrong with Waynes transmission.

He was running a TH350,IIRC, which everyone knows isn't installed behind alum head Chevy Rat motors. Who cares, it was legal then as it is now. No different than a C4 behind a 429 Ford or a 904 in a T/A Mopar.

MB

I thought it was exactly as stated- FACTORY APPEARING. I then was told certain things were allowed, so I went rule reading, and sure enough, if the acronym is taken as "the exact term" then people don't understand the class, IMO anyways.
Things CAN be tweaked, things that don't APPEAR factory stock can be allowed, and alterations can be made.

Quote:

The arguing starts? By who, the people who have never even laid eyes on an actual FAST car??

As far as guys commenting on F.A.S.T. cars that haven't been there.... I wonder if the same applies to all the threads?

I never want to see YOU comment on a band like the Beatles, you were never in the Beatles!!!

There is interest on the west coast too, but you eastern guys are hogging the F.A.S.T. stuff all to yourselves!!!!

Crazy
Seems like you have a beef with FAST care to let us in on it?

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: XXHEMI] #819880
10/12/10 02:29 AM
10/12/10 02:29 AM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MB

Quote:

Crazy
Seems like you have a beef with FAST care to let us in on it?

No beef whatsoever. I don't see where you get that- I'm just pointing out to many repliers that they sometimes get caught up in what I got caught up in- the acronym.
The acronym isn't the be all end all in this venue, and those who think Factory Appearing Stock Tires is EXACTLY that...? Well they are mistaken.
I went and read the rules after I mistook the acronym for being the exact description of the cars, and found out it is NOT an exact description at all.
These guys have a few areas written into their rules which can allow deviances from factory appearing, not JUST transmissions, not JUST exhaust, but many areas.

I found out the rules by researching. Now I think I understand F.A.S.T. much better. If you think that's a "beef"...? Well

I like watching and following the cars, but I'm on the west coast of nothingness over here....

I don't care about brand when it comes to the F.A.S.T. cars, I like watching them all.
Cool stuff if ya ask me, and lots of characters too!
(Where's that Wayne?!?!)

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: scatpacktom] #819881
10/12/10 11:10 AM
10/12/10 11:10 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Same here , it was a Chevy transmission as the rules called for.

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #819882
10/12/10 12:52 PM
10/12/10 12:52 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

No beef whatsoever. I don't see where you get that- I'm just pointing out to many repliers that they sometimes get caught up in what I got caught up in- the acronym.
The acronym isn't the be all end all in this venue, and those who think Factory Appearing Stock Tires is EXACTLY that...? Well they are mistaken.
I went and read the rules after I mistook the acronym for being the exact description of the cars, and found out it is NOT an exact description at all.
These guys have a few areas written into their rules which can allow deviances from factory appearing, not JUST transmissions, not JUST exhaust, but many areas.

I found out the rules by researching. Now I think I understand F.A.S.T. much better. If you think that's a "beef"...? Well

I like watching and following the cars, but I'm on the west coast of nothingness over here....

I don't care about brand when it comes to the F.A.S.T. cars, I like watching them all.
Cool stuff if ya ask me, and lots of characters too!
(Where's that Wayne?!?!)

I guess the word "appearing" means different things to different people..... The class isn't called "100% Pure Stock Appearing".......... In my mind, to "appear" stock means that to the casual observer, the cars "appear" stock....... which IMHO means that the cars have stock looking paint jobs, stock looking tires and wheels, and look relatively stock under the hood.......

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: DodgeCharger] #819883
10/14/10 09:44 AM
10/14/10 09:44 AM
Ansonia, CT
C
CJK440 Offline
master
CJK440  Offline
master
C

Ansonia, CT
Quote:

I am no expert on the class but if the front end parts are anything other than Factory Apearing the car should not be legal. As far as a safety issue. That is a load of bull. The only safety issue is created when you try to exceed that factory wheel travel to transfer weight to the rear tires to gain a competitive advantage.

Safety is a touchy subject. I understand not wanting to get in the way of safety but IMHO the S word is used too often to gain a performance advantage.

One prime example, a lot of guys are running aftermarket brake setups in the name of safety which is not a bad idea considering 40 year old brake technology. But of course all of these are super light. So why not throw a weight penalty of x amount of lbs to put on the front end when using aftermarket racing brakes? This would be extra safe and cancel the performance benefit of the "safer" component.

There are other things but not surprisingly, they all help to get the car off the line and/or down the track quicker. You don't see many people chomping at the bit to implement a safety item that slows the car down.

2017 Contusion Blue Challenger T/A 392 M6 "BLKNBLU"
Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CJK440] #819884
10/14/10 10:08 AM
10/14/10 10:08 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

You don't see many people chomping at the bit to implement a safety item that slows the car down.

Chris:

With all due respect, a roll bar and 5 point belts add a considerable amount of weight with no real advantage in performance. Pretty much all of the FAST cars running under 11.50 have a roll bar in place. In fact, with these cars, the stiffer you make the body, the harder it is to get it down the track.

MB

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: HPMike] #819885
10/14/10 10:28 AM
10/14/10 10:28 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Chris:

With all due respect, a roll bar and 5 point belts add a considerable amount of weight with no real advantage in performance. Pretty much all of the FAST cars running under 11.50 have a roll bar in place. In fact, with these cars, the stiffer you make the body, the harder it is to get it down the track.

MB

Yes Mike, but AFAIK the roll bar is a required safety item under 11.50, not an optional one.

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: HPMike] #819886
10/14/10 10:40 AM
10/14/10 10:40 AM
Ansonia, CT
C
CJK440 Offline
master
CJK440  Offline
master
C

Ansonia, CT
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You don't see many people chomping at the bit to implement a safety item that slows the car down.

Chris:

MB

Hey Mike! You are absolutely right, but those are mandated by track safety rules at a certain ET break. You risk getting told to slow down or kicked off if you don't comply. If the bar rule was 10.99, only the 10 second cars would put them in.

I'm referring to the stuff that isn't required by anybody. Coincidentally (or not) a deviation from stock in the name of safety often has a performance benefit to boot.

I realize that this is all part of racing and the rules have been in existence for a very long time but its just something I wish was handled differently when I was racing in the class.

2017 Contusion Blue Challenger T/A 392 M6 "BLKNBLU"
Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CJK440] #819887
10/14/10 01:07 PM
10/14/10 01:07 PM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chris:

MB

Hey Mike! You are absolutely right, but those are mandated by track safety rules at a certain ET break. You risk getting told to slow down or kicked off if you don't comply. If the bar rule was 10.99, only the 10 second cars would put them in.

I'm referring to the stuff that isn't required by anybody. Coincidentally (or not) a deviation from stock in the name of safety often has a performance benefit to boot.

I realize that this is all part of racing and the rules have been in existence for a very long time but its just something I wish was handled differently when I was racing in the class.

Yes, Chris. I would have to agree. That was a poor analogy I suppose.

MB

Re: 10.02 @ 139.02 ... the black Road Runner goes FASTer [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #819888
10/14/10 07:40 PM
10/14/10 07:40 PM
Las Vegas NV
moparmanjames Offline
pro stock
moparmanjames  Offline
pro stock

Las Vegas NV
Quote:

You might try and check out a P.S.C.A. event (Pacific Street Car Association), pretty cool heads up racing and they usually have bracket and E.T. class racing too for the bracket guys. Very cool event.
http://www.pscaracing.com/schedule.html

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13