09/18/10 07:48 PM
09/18/10 07:48 PM
NC
DCM71cuda Offline OP
pro stock
DCM71cuda  Offline OP
pro stock

NC
At the race in Charlotte, someone was breaking into RV's and trailers shortly after racers were called to the staging lanes.

Apparently the guy got caught, by Roy Hill. I am told he beat the crap out of guy, poured gas on him, and dared him to leave before the cops showed up.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805070
09/18/10 07:54 PM
09/18/10 07:54 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
Sounds like an assult charge to me ?

What gives him the authority ?

I agree with him at very least , stopping and detaining the perp but, he can't break the law ?

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805071
09/18/10 07:55 PM
09/18/10 07:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'bout time someone dished out an old fashioned beat down for this kind of thing!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805072
09/18/10 07:57 PM
09/18/10 07:57 PM
PA
70HemiGTX Offline
top fuel
70HemiGTX  Offline
top fuel

PA
Quote:

I agree with him at very least , stopping and detaining the perp but, he can't break the law ?

It's called a citizen's arrest. Guy resists, gets the crap beat out of him. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805073
09/18/10 07:59 PM
09/18/10 07:59 PM
Roanoke Va
gearjammerdart Offline
mopar
gearjammerdart  Offline
mopar

Roanoke Va
Quote:

At the race in Charlotte, someone was breaking into RV's and trailers shortly after racers were called to the staging lanes.

Apparently the guy got caught, by Roy Hill. I am told he beat the crap out of guy, poured gas on him, and dared him to leave before the cops showed up.

Too bad he didn't light it IMO

Donald

Last edited by gearjammerdart; 09/18/10 08:02 PM.

69 Dart swinger 417 W8 Liberty 5 speed
6.03 @114/9.49 @141 on motor 5.30 @131 on juice 1/8th mile 28x10.5's at 3200lbs
70 Challenger RT 440 4-speed 4:10 Dana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowFy4nDdfI
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: gearjammerdart] #805074
09/18/10 08:03 PM
09/18/10 08:03 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
I'm all for someone getting roughed up for stealing but, make no mistake ..

Roy Hill will end up in legal trouble over it

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805075
09/18/10 08:21 PM
09/18/10 08:21 PM
NC
DCM71cuda Offline OP
pro stock
DCM71cuda  Offline OP
pro stock

NC
Quote:

I'm all for someone getting roughed up for stealing but, make no mistake ..

Roy Hill will end up in legal trouble over it

And everyone that had their stuff stolen for the previous 2 days will line up to pay his legal bills.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805076
09/18/10 08:32 PM
09/18/10 08:32 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
Right attorney, right jury ..

he will get allot more than legal fees for being beat up .

Sorry but, you can not take the law into your own hands unless under direct threat

Here, Texas ..You come onto my property and I catch you stealing , I can't kill you

UNLESS ..You have a weapon, any weapon and a fear for my life

Then , yes .. you can, its the law

Again , I am not on the perps side but, he can't enforce the law, he has no authority

We have police for that for a reason.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805077
09/18/10 08:40 PM
09/18/10 08:40 PM
Indiana
EV2DEMON Offline
The Camaro Kid
EV2DEMON  Offline
The Camaro Kid

Indiana
Quote:

Sorry but, you can not take the law into your own hands unless under direct threat

Here, Texas ..You come onto my property and I catch you stealing , I can't kill you

Again , I am not on the perps side but, he can't enforce the law, he has no authority

1. He didn't kill anyone, so I don't know how you think any of that is relevant.

2. I saw Roy Hill 3 weeks ago. I seriously doubt he could beat the crap out of anyone.

You know how stories get around. I wouldn't assume anything as fact until the real story comes out. I heard about it a couple hours ago and nothing about anyone getting beat up or doused in gas was in the story I heard.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805078
09/18/10 08:49 PM
09/18/10 08:49 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
Errr, no. Roy (in Az., anyway) has the Right to use enough force to detain a person he sees comitting a crime. That includes a third party. The issue then becomes: what IS enough force? Since Roy is an "older gentleman" & I'm assuming the suspect is younger & therefore (a reasonable person would assume)in better physical condition, the issue of "disparity of force" comes in, in which case one has to ask if what he did was reasonable. Given you can't (reasonably) expect an older man to sustain a physical confrontation with a healthier, younger individual, I would say (if I were Roy) the gas-dousing was done to actually intimidate the individual and therefore reasonable and let the Courts decide if I was "reasonable" in my behavior.
My guess is the cops that showed up had a good laugh over it & let Roy go.......

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805079
09/18/10 09:06 PM
09/18/10 09:06 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
IF the story is true, and he did what the OP says .

And the local authorties allow a beat down and having put in in harms way with a flamable liquid

With no charges, thats wrong ..death for stealing ? Since when is that correct punishment for a crime ?

And most of my points were in regards to the legal system and lawsuit brought against him from the perp

And again I am not on the side of the criminal but, lets just say ..

The person doing the crime is a misguided youth and he is your son ..

The kid does something stupid

Roy DOES dump fuel on him and someone sparks it off and he goes up

You guys are okay with that ? Please

Property can be replaced, most are insured or should be

Death for what a old Holley carb, a laptop ?

You need to get your priorties straight if so

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805080
09/18/10 09:17 PM
09/18/10 09:17 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Chris2581 Offline
master
Chris2581  Offline
master

Jacksonville, FL
I see your side BigDad,but if it were me I'd have beat the snot out of him too.The gasoline is heresay,nobody knows how much was poured if any.

Either way the knucklehead will think twice about stealing again.

Nobody has any right to be on anyones property or messing with their stuff irregardless,law or no law.

Nautilus Racing-
We use Superformance gaskets and Turbo Action converters/products.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Chris2581] #805081
09/18/10 09:28 PM
09/18/10 09:28 PM
PA
70HemiGTX Offline
top fuel
70HemiGTX  Offline
top fuel

PA
It's like this also. They were in the pits, did he get tackled and knock over a gas can or something containing gas and get in it or did someone actually see him literally dump gas on the guy. How much gas do you guys have sitting around your pits? Doesn't take much to make you smell like a refinery.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 70HemiGTX] #805082
09/18/10 09:35 PM
09/18/10 09:35 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
I based my statements on what the OP posted

If it went down some other way well, then ?

Any way, I hope the crimnal was caught and arrested and found guilty for his crimes

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805083
09/18/10 09:49 PM
09/18/10 09:49 PM
Rancho Cordova, CA
Exit1965 Offline
master
Exit1965  Offline
master

Rancho Cordova, CA
Quote:

If that did happen (someone gets burned to death for stealing), it is a bit extreme and the person who did the burning would have to pay the price. I think most reasonable people would not light the match even with a gas soaked thief in front of them.

Now I'd say UNLESS you are one of the few people who care about the perp (family etc.) you wouldn't certainly condone death for stealing but you may think he was doing risky behavior by sneaking around stealing things, so whatever bad things happen to him are pretty much his own doing.

He is putting himself in a very volatile situation by choosing to take other people's things, so who can really predict or dictate what bad could happen to him (in the wide range of bad things, from getting pepper sprayed, to being beaten, burned, killed etc.). There is no way for him or anyone to predict what will happen to him, it all just comes with the territory. If he dies, well that is extreme, but he was in extreme territory and he chose to put himself there.

He didn't die, didn't get burned, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805084
09/18/10 10:18 PM
09/18/10 10:18 PM
SE MI
D
dusterchas572 Offline
dusterchas572  Offline
D

SE MI
theres a reason roy hill did repo work for sox & martin.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: dusterchas572] #805085
09/18/10 10:27 PM
09/18/10 10:27 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
I would have done the same thing to them or worse.... Found said idiot in my trailor and he came at me when I entered and we spilled a gas can when we fell to the ground and tuseled, sounds like self defense to me. Who's a jury to believe, the scum bag theiven [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] or the guy who found him stealing? Personally, I would have found the biggest thing in the trailor hanging off the wall and crushed him with it....Self defense, pure and simple.

I have been a veryhonest person all my life. I have gone to small claims court on two seperate occasions for property of mine. In both cases, the other party lied thru their teeth and won. I have now learned, if there is no evidence to say otherwise, LIE.....Cause that's what they are going to do and nothing matters but winning the case.

Last edited by Dragula; 09/18/10 10:36 PM.

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Dragula] #805086
09/18/10 10:32 PM
09/18/10 10:32 PM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
only one way to settle this

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Dragula] #805087
09/18/10 10:41 PM
09/18/10 10:41 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
Quote:

I would have done the same thing to them or worse.... Found said idiot in my trailor and he came at me when I entered and we spilled a gas can when we fell to the ground and tuseled, sounds like self defense to me. Who's a jury to believe, the scum bag theiven [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] or the guy who found him stealing? Personally, I would have found the biggest thing in the trailor hanging off the wall and crushed him with it....Self defense, pure and simple.

I have been a veryhonest person all my life. I have gone to small claims court on two seperate occasions for property of mine. In both cases, the other party lied thru their teeth and won. I have now learned, if there is no evidence to say otherwise, LIE.....Cause that's what they are going to do and nothing matters but winning the case.

As I understand the OP it was not his trailer

Plus and I have some experiance in protecting ones property

For Info you do this and the wrong person may indeed be in jail but ..carry on

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805088
09/18/10 11:07 PM
09/18/10 11:07 PM
NC
DCM71cuda Offline OP
pro stock
DCM71cuda  Offline OP
pro stock

NC
My understanding is that Roy found the perp inside his motor home. I'm obviously dealing with second or third hand info, and I'm not claiming to have 100% accurate info.

Here is another thread on another board...

web page

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805089
09/19/10 05:04 AM
09/19/10 05:04 AM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
Quote:

And the local authorties allow a beat down and having put in in harms way with a flamable liquid

With no charges, thats wrong ..death for stealing ? Since when is that correct punishment for a crime ?

And most of my points were in regards to the legal system and lawsuit brought against him from the perp

IN AZ, THREATENING the use of deadly force against a suspect in a property crime is legal---actually doing it isn't (weird, huh?) While I've never seen anyone do what Roy allegedly did, I've seen things that were close & believe me, NOTHING was filed against the "assailant".
If someone breaks into my home, RV, whatever I can only assume it's to commit a felony (which burglary is) and that he is willing to go beyond that. In the interest of protecting myself I will insure he is incapacitaited to insure he doesn't escape, harm me or even has the desire to come back. It's all legal, reasonable and to give someone a break 'cause he's "misguided" or "desperate" is merely offering an excuse and rewarding criminal behavior.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805090
09/19/10 08:24 AM
09/19/10 08:24 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

IN AZ, THREATENING the use of deadly force against a suspect in a property crime is legal---actually doing it isn't (weird, huh?) While I've never seen anyone do what Roy allegedly did, I've seen things that were close & believe me, NOTHING was filed against the "assailant".
If someone breaks into my home, RV, whatever I can only assume it's to commit a felony (which burglary is) and that he is willing to go beyond that. In the interest of protecting myself I will insure he is incapacitaited to insure he doesn't escape, harm me or even has the desire to come back. It's all legal, reasonable and to give someone a break 'cause he's "misguided" or "desperate" is merely offering an excuse and rewarding criminal behavior.

I like your attitude.

I guess the only problem is when the perp gets a lawyer and the jackazzes that make up the "jury of peers" decide that you should have offered someone coffee, doughnuts and "counseling" when you catch them violating your space.

MB

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805091
09/19/10 09:42 AM
09/19/10 09:42 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Biddad you dont have a clue who Roy is if you think for one second Roy will get in trouble.

I heard this from someone who has worked for Roy for 25+ years and he builds my sons Jr Dragster motors. We are very good friends as I'm also very tight with Roy but havent spoken with him on this. There are alot of rumors but the bottom line is the guy threatened Roy a 65 year old man, the only problem is he didnt know Roy isnt scared of anything PERIOD. The guy just better be glad the cops showed up when they did.

BIGDAD, I can tell you this, I have told my boys who race and have been very succesful on the racetrack but more so in School and life if they ever come to our trailer and someone threatens them to take our paces carb cleaner or brake cleaner and spray them in the eyes. We race Jr Dragsters and we clean the clutch every run with that stuff so we have cans sitting next the back and side door as well as our pit pal rack. Its a shame I have 2 straight A kids who are Herb McCandless's Grandsons VERY Good kids and I have had to teach them how to shoot someone in the eyes with brakeclean.

You will never see Roy get charged with anything. Is he right well who knows, but From who I was told by my engine builder who was there, the guy begged the police to take him to jail and get him away from Roy.

The worst part is telling all your 20+ year old buddies you get the HXXX beat out of you by a 65 year old man.

Last edited by HMcCandless_Jr; 09/19/10 09:50 AM.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: EV2DEMON] #805092
09/19/10 10:16 AM
09/19/10 10:16 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Quote:

Quote:

1. He didn't kill anyone, so I don't know how you think any of that is relevant.

2. I saw Roy Hill 3 weeks ago. I seriously doubt he could beat the crap out of anyone.

You know how stories get around. I wouldn't assume anything as fact until the real story comes out. I heard about it a couple hours ago and nothing about anyone getting beat up or doused in gas was in the story I heard.

I'm sorry to tell you but your #2 is so far wrong it isnt even funny. That is one man you dont want to mess with. I've only known him my whole life, he actually bought my dad 68 Hemi Dart Super Stock car in 1970 the car Randy Hopkins has today. Read my above post.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805093
09/19/10 10:41 AM
09/19/10 10:41 AM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Sort of side ways related.......does anyone remember when Jack Dempsey was leaving his joint in NYC and was accosted by a gang of youths intent on robbing him.
This made national news back then.
It was in the late 70's as I recall and Jack was somewhere near 80 yrs. old.
The youths left empty handed and in a hurry.
Closer to home , a former co-worker was getting a full rasher of crap from a much younger fellow at the tavern after work one time.
The younger man ( around 30 ) told him " If you weren't so old , I'd kicK your a** "
Don ( 50 yrs. ) told him " Don't let old stop you " and mopped up the floor with him.
Roy sounds like a guy who doesn't take any B.S. , and stood up for what is right.
Good work I say.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805094
09/19/10 11:25 AM
09/19/10 11:25 AM
NE Ohio
DoubleD Offline
top fuel
DoubleD  Offline
top fuel

NE Ohio
Sounds about right for Roy - I bet he was sitting there holding a pack of matches - if you think old Roy can't handle himself your mistaken - Roy is a character with a big temper and ain't afraid of a little dust up once in a while!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DoubleD] #805095
09/19/10 12:22 PM
09/19/10 12:22 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
As a mattter of fact, Yes ..I have met Roy , and talked to him for some period of time

Finals, staging lanes @ Scribner, Neb ..They were in still in Prostock and we were in Hot Rod

I like how people are offended by me saying, you can't just go around beating up and spraying brake cleaner in peoples eyes ?

First off , I don't prefr to live my life in fear of being attacked so I would never adopt that type of outlook but, thats just me

So I understand, you have given authority to two young boys to decide when it would be okay to assult someone with a very dangerous product that could result in perm damage ?

Wow, thats a pretty heavy bit of trust in a child that in most cases is not capable of making a decision like that ?

What if the person really was no threat, maybe needed a 9/16 wrench and he lost eyesight ?

If you think some smooth talking lawyer isn't going after what you have and will have , you are sadly mistaken

I'll make sure, if I ever have the oppertunity to be anywhere near you and your children to keep a safe distance

I have met your dad, talked to him at length also, he likes my truck

He was a very, very nice person to talk to .

God bless

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805096
09/19/10 04:55 PM
09/19/10 04:55 PM
NC
chris3 Offline
mopar
chris3  Offline
mopar

NC
Herb,Jr. some folks don't know the Roy Hill we know. Roy can be the most gentle easy going individual but don't be caught in his trailer or motor home trying to steal from him. We are talking about Roy Hill being in trouble in the State of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC at a dragstrip. As many people in this state grew up seeing Roy Hill race and people who raced with him, I would not want to be the lawyer who tried to defend this clown in a North Carolina court. The thing is even if he is convicted he will be on the street before the sun goes down. I'll bet he won't be back stealing from drag racers again. If he was in the man's home (motorhome) he is lucky he chose that motorhome to be caught in.

Herb, how is your dad. With our motor broke we have missed a couple of months.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Dragula] #805097
09/19/10 05:13 PM
09/19/10 05:13 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

I have had similar experience but I have a different take. Courts are for those that have connections. Evidence or not.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805098
09/19/10 05:33 PM
09/19/10 05:33 PM
Kissimmee Fl.
D
dusturbd340W5 Offline
master
dusturbd340W5  Offline
master
D

Kissimmee Fl.
If I find a perp in my home or my RV or trailer there done PERIOD because I can promise you I will be in fear of my life and I will defend myself as needed as far as a thief is concern we should treat them like some other countries do and take off there hand.

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: dusturbd340W5] #805099
09/19/10 07:10 PM
09/19/10 07:10 PM
Cleveland Ohio
10secGTX Offline
top fuel
10secGTX  Offline
top fuel

Cleveland Ohio
Bigdad.....are sure you live in Texas ? I would expect this from someone from California NOT Texas.

Roy deserves a medal or trophy as far as I'm concerned.
I think the gas thing is just a great addition to a good story.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 10secGTX] #805100
09/19/10 07:26 PM
09/19/10 07:26 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
If you have any questions about Roy Hill just take a few minutes and go over to Competition Plus and read Roy's entries into the " War Stories Competition. I think that you would be a dumb as a bag of rocks to mess with him... Also FYI general statue in NC states " that you are allowed to use just force to defend yourself, protect your property or detain a intruder until the authorities arrive to intervene " and like chris3 said this is NC, this is Roy Hills home turf besides that race track is private property so it'll be up to the track ( i.e Bruton Smith)we do still practice "Good Ole Boy Justice " down in this neck of the woods

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 10secGTX] #805101
09/19/10 07:34 PM
09/19/10 07:34 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
good for roy,
how stupid can roy be?

i hope the guy he caught gets whats coming to him, and I hope Roy gets whats coming to him for doing what he did.

just because you are doing something right, or with the right intentions DOES NOT give anyone the right to beat someone or throw gasoline on them and threaten them with lighting it.

i feel sorry for the people on here that think these type of actions are acceptable, no matter what the situation.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemiparts] #805102
09/19/10 07:37 PM
09/19/10 07:37 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Also FYI general statue in NC states " that you are allowed to use just force to defend yourself, protect your property or detain a intruder until the authorities arrive to intervene "

besides that race track is private property so it'll be up to the track ( i.e Bruton Smith)we do still practice "Good Ole Boy Justice " down in this neck of the woods

just force, that does not mean pouring gasoline on someone...

just curious, what would be up to burton smith, (the race track)?

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805103
09/19/10 08:27 PM
09/19/10 08:27 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.

I don't think so. For a 65 year-old man to REASONABLY detain a felony suspect AND insure his own safety, a REASONABLE person would expect him to resort to something other than shere brute strength,which he may not have. He therefore resorted to other "assets" availible to him & merely threatened the individual. Another way of looking at it is, he was only utilizing his Right of free speech after the "poor, misunderstood" felon "somehow" got gasoline on him. .
GROW UP! Someone stood up to a criminal, the bad guy "lost" & you don't like it!
those that sympathize with the criminal, what would you have Roy do? Let him go? The cops response wouldn't allow for that, so ahe did the best he could with the assets availible....

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805104
09/19/10 08:55 PM
09/19/10 08:55 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

I'll make sure, if I ever have the oppertunity to be anywhere near you and your children to keep a safe distance

Yes.......because we all know how much of a threat people who like to keep what they worked for can be.
I know.......my post comes off as being somewhat developmentally disabled. ( I don't want to say retarded for fear of offending )
But your post has a ring of developmental disability to it as well.
Opportunity B.T.W. .......opportunity.
If Roy had lit the miscreant on fire , it would have made headlines.
I think he accomplished what he set out to do , which was put the fear of God into the poor misguided victim who was attempting to steal from him.
Because I believe if he intended to burn him alive , he would have done just that.
A terrible risk , you say ?
Riskier than piloting a sub seven second car ?
Riskier than stealing from someone ?
Riskier than stealing from someone who worked and devoted themselves to the item or principle you want for free ?
There is a huge difference.
I can't force myself to see a thief in any positive light , and will not concede to the idea that they deserve anything more than they would grant their victims.
That's awful eloquent for a truck driver.
What I'd like to say is *&^*%^$*&^*$%* the little *&^%**&^%$er.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805105
09/19/10 08:58 PM
09/19/10 08:58 PM
pacific northwest
S
Stroker Scamp Offline
master
Stroker Scamp  Offline
master
S

pacific northwest
nothing like a old fashioned beat down, dont know the ins and out of it, but if your a thief you need your hands cut off, thats why our society is so screwed up nobody get punished for doing things wrong, its always well its just a car part or whatnot, if you didnt buy it dont touch it,....... dont get me going

footbrake N/A SB 408 Scamp 10.10 @ 132 street/strip
73 Duster 340 street strip 12.79 @ 105
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805106
09/19/10 09:07 PM
09/19/10 09:07 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

Here is another thread on another board...

web page

If you can read this and still feel a shred of sympathy for the perp , or feel that he was wronged somehow.........well , I guess our thought processes run in opposite directions.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805107
09/19/10 09:56 PM
09/19/10 09:56 PM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
I didnt tell them to spray at will, I said if your threatened and feel you are in danger and running isnt an option brake clean, carb cleaner or starting fluid is your best friend. I always park around friends at the race but one of my sons usually gets back a few minutes before the other one, im todays society you never know.

Herb Jr

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805108
09/19/10 10:35 PM
09/19/10 10:35 PM
United Socialist States of Ame...
T
tboomer Offline
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Offline
Too Many Posts
T

United Socialist States of Ame...
Guys...In todays world,Us old guys may not be "politically correct"...We were brought up not to steal etc...Would I have done the same as Roy? Maybe not...But I tell ya what...The dang thief would have been wishing the cops would show up soon...I have no problem giving someone a helping hand. But do not try to steal my stuff...Cause that person will loose...

Need your rear end checked out? Contact Grizzly!!
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805109
09/19/10 10:44 PM
09/19/10 10:44 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

I don't think so. For a 65 year-old man to REASONABLY detain a felony suspect AND insure his own safety, a REASONABLE person would expect him to resort to something other than shere brute strength,which he may not have. He therefore resorted to other "assets" availible to him & merely threatened the individual. Another way of looking at it is, he was only utilizing his Right of free speech after the "poor, misunderstood" felon "somehow" got gasoline on him. .
GROW UP! Someone stood up to a criminal, the bad guy "lost" & you don't like it!
those that sympathize with the criminal, what would you have Roy do? Let him go? The cops response wouldn't allow for that, so ahe did the best he could with the assets availible....

its not even worth it, I dont feel sorry for the perp, I dont feel like Roy deserves a medal.

its not worth it to explain myself to you or anyone that thinks the good ole days of back yard justice is still justifyable.

if anyone needs to throw a flamable liquid on someone and then threaten them, no Dare them to leave... wow.

I dont feel the guy deserves a break, I am glad that roy caught him and got a couple hits in, but WHERE IS THE LINE???

whats next?

YOU NEED TO GROW UP, it isnt about someone standing up to a criminal, and it isnt that I dont like it, I'm estatic that it happened, but what happened and the hillbilly attitude of WAY TO GO for what happened, is what I dont like... there is justifiable, there is right and then there is going too far, and saying well its in NC and thats his home state so anyone that didnt know roy would.... BS, there is right and wrong, Roy caught the guy doing wrong, and he did wrong in what happened next, detain the guy, call for someone in the next pit to come over and help him, follow him on his pit bike, call security, there were probably a lot more reasonable, YES REASONABLE things he could have done besides dossing the guy with gasoline and threaten him with FIRE if he left.

I hope the guy gets jail time for what he did, btu I hope Roy has to write a FAT check for what he did.

detain and ensure his safety?? if he was worried about his safety then he should have left the guy alone, chase him off, follow him and get TRAINED people to handle it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805110
09/19/10 10:52 PM
09/19/10 10:52 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

Ever wonder why so few people jump off bridges ??? its because of the swift and immediate consequenses

the society we live in today have been brain washed to abolish consequences

i caught 2 kids who broke into my truck and where stealing my possesions..
i beat the shot of out one of them...
and my buddy chased and beat the shot out of the other one..
when the cops showed up...he saw my bloody knuckles and said.."dont tell me..as far as i am concerned you scratched them the getting out of your car in a hurry".
once the cops checked them out..
the criminals had mutiple warrants and one of them had one for Statutory Rape.....
The beating they suffered...was just.as far as I am concerned....
the Cops basically made sure it slid....
Consequenses...for those guys
besides the justice system..i can tell you those guys got a Consequences...they were not expecting that night..
ITS Pretty obvious that these criminals are not afraid of the Authorities...
but if they knew they would be brused,bloddied and sore...i promise they will/would make smarter choices in life....
cheapst

PS. I wouldnt be surprised if Roys Actions cause that guy to change his ways....
and do right in life...
funny how a good ass kikin and the fear of God can do that...

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805111
09/19/10 11:23 PM
09/19/10 11:23 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
The fact is "THE SYSTEM" is broken & no one is about to fix it. You can argue all you want as to whether Roy's actions were proper but the FACT IS his behavior resulted in a criminal being arrested, something the police probably would never have done. You're assuming he would have turned the dirtball into NC's version of the "BUrning Man" festival, so who is REALLY accusing him of being a redneck? My only point & opinion is good for Roy for being self-reliant, inventive & courageousenough to stand up to a criminal that was treated far nicer than if I had caught him

Who was it that said: "The only thing needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Obviously roy took that to heart & stepped up when he needed to!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tboomer] #805112
09/19/10 11:28 PM
09/19/10 11:28 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Big_Fish Offline
enthusiast
Big_Fish  Offline
enthusiast

Pennsylvania, USA
If it was a 12 year old making a stupid mistake and obvious then I would say scare the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] out of him and take him to his parents and perhaps give the dad a wrath of [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in front of the kid. In this case sounds like an adult over 18 who is past the training pants stage. Beat the hell out of him and leave him in a ditch don't waste the call and my tax dollars with the police.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Big_Fish] #805113
09/19/10 11:44 PM
09/19/10 11:44 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
It's clear you guys don't know Roy,LOL.He didn't get where he is today by being,well one to follow the rules.When did all these pu$$yes get into racing anyway?????????LOL

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805114
09/19/10 11:56 PM
09/19/10 11:56 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
I can see it now. You stand right there while I dial up the authorities. You really think the thief was going to cooperate without some kind of threat. Give me a brake. Roy just used the tool that was available to hold the POS till the police could come and apprend him. He could have used a bat or a gun but in a pinch I guess gas will do. I can see some of you have not had the taste of being violated by some scum that has no respect for you or your property. When the dirt next dirt bag gets out of jail with a slap on the hand and a pat on the back hopefully they will have computer privileges so they will know who to hit next time with no fear of retaliation.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: dannysbee] #805115
09/20/10 12:31 AM
09/20/10 12:31 AM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
They should give Roy a medal, I'm really tired of all the bleeding hearts in this world feeling sorry for the criminals and making up excuses for them........

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: megajoltman] #805116
09/20/10 01:39 AM
09/20/10 01:39 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Probably won't have to worry about that guy trying to steal anything at the racetrack again. That's the idea. Good for Roy.

Herb, keep a couple of cans of wasp and hornet spray around, the kind that sprays 30 feet. That stuff is better than pepper spray. Serious hurt in a can.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: CMcAllister] #805117
09/20/10 02:10 AM
09/20/10 02:10 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Its funny because I have that inside my house. Guess it wouldnt be a bad idea to have it in there.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805118
09/20/10 03:11 AM
09/20/10 03:11 AM
Worst Weather USA
493_DART Offline
master
493_DART  Offline
master

Worst Weather USA
Quote:

you cant be serious ?????????????? this thought process...........

your mindset is EXACTLY what is destroying America..
liberalism.

think about it.

any and all criminals should be AT LEAST PHYSICALLY BEATEN WHEN CAUGHT IN THE ACT.

AT LEAST .

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 493_DART] #805119
09/20/10 08:22 AM
09/20/10 08:22 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
I'm going to quote what the guy said when the police got there. "please take me to jail." He better be glad he was caught in his motorhome, at a race your worst enemy might be parked next to you but in the end we are one big family. He better be lucky it wasnt 10,20,or 30 to 1.

Although I can tell you this, he wasnt going anywhere after he was thrown out of Roy's motorhome, hard to move with your hand trapped.

Herb Jr

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805120
09/20/10 09:59 AM
09/20/10 09:59 AM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

if he was worried about his safety then he should have left the guy alone, chase him off, follow him and get TRAINED people to handle it.

Why should any of us have to rely on someone else.....especially a government entity ... to do what is right ?
Trained ?
I've been trained in many things over the years and some of them would insure that this person never stole again.
But to lose the self reliance that made this nation great is a sad thing to ponder.
My garage was broken into a couple months after we moved here........15 + years ago.
After filling out the police report and doing everything that would ever be done regarding the case , the officer asked me " Do you have a gun ? "
I told him I didn't , and his advice was simply " Get one ".
I will not allow myself to be a victim if I can prevent it.
Nor my family , nor a stranger who needs my help.
I am not wired that way , and not only do I see this position as the correct one , but I cannot understand why anyone would think differently.
I fail to see where this thief got anything he didn't deserve.
As I said earlier.......if Roy wanted to host a barbecue , I do believe he would have done just that.
He taught the punk a lesson no court could ever do , and if he has to write out a " fat check " then the lesson was wasted and we all are poorer for it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805121
09/20/10 11:11 AM
09/20/10 11:11 AM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
who are you. who is roy to decide what punishment is deserved for anything, yeah the guy shouldnt have been doing it, YEAH good for roy to stop the guy, to stand up to him, BUT WHEN DOES SOMEONE CROSS THE LINE?
my point of getting trained people to take care of this was to the comment that roy needed to ensure his safety, if anyone needs to go to extreme measures to ensure thier safety when other people are around, (let the guy flee, follow him and when he gets into an area say Stop Thief or something... liek all you say Roy is known, I know him from site with that 3 stooges moe haircut and dim smile, I'm sure plenty of people would have helped him subdue this guy...

its sad that people think that abiding by the law doesnt count to them when they catch someone else doing something wrong... he did wrong, so that makes it ok for someone else to do more wrong to him because, "that taught him a lesson".

FAT FAT CHECK with a couple zeros, thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tboomer] #805122
09/20/10 11:48 AM
09/20/10 11:48 AM
Delray beach, Florida
P
Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
i can't believe this thread has turned in to a right vs. wrong type scenario.
we have specific laws in Florida on how we're allowed to handle situations like those in the article. deadly force is allowed here if the perp is on your property, no questions asked.
i've been the victim of thieves more than once and will not tolerate it. a simple "pull of the trigger" to the perp ends the crime spree around here. thieves are the scourge of society IMO. whatever happens to them is their tuff luck for choosing that way of life. i'd be more than happy to "guide" the soul of the misguided thief. no mamby pamby's allowed.
Roy should be rewarded for an act of heroism, regardless of the tactics used to "detain: the criminal law breaker. i tip my hat to him.
if you disagree with my opinion, so be it. we'll simply agree to disagree. you handle things your way and i'll do what i feel i need to do. i won't bore you with the story of the 17 year old that broke in to my home more than once about 3 years ago and where he is today.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805123
09/20/10 12:32 PM
09/20/10 12:32 PM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Quote:

who are you. who is roy to decide what punishment is deserved for anything, yeah the guy shouldnt have been doing it, YEAH good for roy to stop the guy, to stand up to him, BUT WHEN DOES SOMEONE CROSS THE LINE?
my point of getting trained people to take care of this was to the comment that roy needed to ensure his safety, if anyone needs to go to extreme measures to ensure thier safety when other people are around, (let the guy flee, follow him and when he gets into an area say Stop Thief or something... liek all you say Roy is known, I know him from site with that 3 stooges moe haircut and dim smile, I'm sure plenty of people would have helped him subdue this guy...

its sad that people think that abiding by the law doesnt count to them when they catch someone else doing something wrong... he did wrong, so that makes it ok for someone else to do more wrong to him because, "that taught him a lesson".

FAT FAT CHECK with a couple zeros, thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Ok let me see I make a run in my super stock car, I come back to MY MOTORHOME TO COOL OFF, as I walk in there is a guy inside who threatened me, I'm 65 years old and the thief is 20's. The thief makes a move as a motorhome only has one entrance and exit. The problem is he met his match as he lunged for me and said Ill kick your ass old man.......Now am I wrong by kicking his ass out of self defense.......

The bottom line is it was one on one in the motorhome, he was threatened and he did what he had to do.

Herb Jr

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805124
09/20/10 12:42 PM
09/20/10 12:42 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
So let's get this straight ... He should have let the guy go, then a 65 yr old man should have tried to run him down through a jammed packed pit area screaming STOP THIEF !! over god only knows how much noise and comotion of running cars and fans ??? I think he was within all right to protect his stuff and to do what he had to do. Let's talk to the racers who had their stuff stolen @ the track on Saturday and see if they think Roy was right or wrong. And say what you want if you were one of them I bet you too would have a diffrent opinion..

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805125
09/20/10 01:20 PM
09/20/10 01:20 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Vigilante justice is far better than the no justice we have currently in California with everyone afraid they'll be sued if they react to the thieves, muggers & rapists...
As was previously mentioned "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Well I'm not willing to let evil prevail.. Wheres my rope...

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #805126
09/20/10 01:57 PM
09/20/10 01:57 PM
Florida
408Dust Offline
super stock
408Dust  Offline
super stock

Florida
Plastic I think we understand your position is this a friend of yours?
Fellows your wasting your time, they can't help it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 10secGTX] #805127
09/20/10 02:00 PM
09/20/10 02:00 PM
san diego
JonsGottaDusta Offline
master
JonsGottaDusta  Offline
master

san diego
Quote:

Bigdad.....are sure you live in Texas ? I would expect this from someone from California NOT Texas.

Roy deserves a medal or trophy as far as I'm concerned.
I think the gas thing is just a great addition to a good story.

I enjoy the fact that if some intruder comes into my house unwanted, weapon or not, i have the right to use deadly force.

Break out the shotgun.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 408Dust] #805128
09/20/10 02:28 PM
09/20/10 02:28 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Plastic I think we understand your position is this a friend of yours?
Fellows your wasting your time, they can't help it.

i dont think people understand my position, i'm not saying that roy shouldnt have defended his motor home, i'm just not reading that he was inside and all, i was under the impression before that he caught him trying to break in, and i was under the impression it wasnt even Roys motorhome. my bad.

i have no idea who the perp is, those that do know wont say either.

I dont condone stealing, I dont condone it at all and to say i'm all for this guy to get off scott free, well you, or whoever doesnt know me at all. i'm just saying that there is a line between right and wrong, and when someone is wronged, that does not give permission to ignore that line and do whatever you feel like doing to someone.

i have no idea who the picture you put up is

the pit area being all noisy and all? according to the reports it was when cars were up in the lanes and the area was dead... except for justice Hill.

whatever.. its done and there isnt any going back, i'll wait for the Lets bail Roy out thread, and i wont say i told you so.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805129
09/20/10 02:41 PM
09/20/10 02:41 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Point is the whole don't do anything cause your afraid of what the repercussions may be attitude is what has gotten us where we are now.. Thieves have no fear, if they knew someone would do to them as Roy did to this punk... And that Roy would be treated as the upstanding citizen instead of a criminal himself we might stand a chance of taking our safety & security back...

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805130
09/20/10 03:00 PM
09/20/10 03:00 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

With all respect, have you ever been robbed, called the police and had nothing done for you, even if you know who did it?

That kid gave up his right to be treated with respect and consideration when he broke into another persons property, regardless what the law in your locale may say. If you want to stand by, watch somebody steal your stuff and then call a "trained" person and expect them to help you, go right ahead. But I can tell you, this "don't be mean to the poor crook" mind set does nothing but embolden him to rob again, maybe from you next time.

Back to the topic. From what I know of Roy, he did indeed exercise a degree of restraint. Frankly, I would expect the same thing to have happened, maybe worse, if that kid would have been caught in any other motorhome there. BTW...posts on other forums are saying that Roy's MH was not the only one entered and other thieves were caught a short distance from the track trying to use stolen credit cards.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: CMcAllister] #805131
09/20/10 03:45 PM
09/20/10 03:45 PM
NC
chris3 Offline
mopar
chris3  Offline
mopar

NC
We have come to a sad state in our country when we have to argue over mistreatment of a thief and apparently from reports other thieves. We have to put away all of our property that we have worked for and lock up everything before leaving the pit area. Either that or someone who has paid their hard earned money to get in the race has to miss the race and stay back to protect equipment from theives. Are we to expect that the security guy who has a job one week-end out of the year is going to great extreme to put his life on the line to protect our property while we are racing. We have do as has been done for many years in this country, take care of the problem.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: chris3] #805132
09/20/10 04:32 PM
09/20/10 04:32 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
if you see someone shop lifting does that give someone the right to go over and beat the crap out of them?
if you see someone running a red light does that give someone the right to go over and run them off the road, slash a tire so they cant drive away?
if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on? WHO decides that?

i'm glad that roy caught the guy stood up to him, caught him and turned him over, lets be really really clear on that, I'm not for the perp and hope the guy gets whats coming to him, but i've only been saying that roy crossed a line in what he did and this glorifying him for what he did as he crossed the line is what bothers me.
ohhhh roy is a bad a--- and back in the day, blah blah blah blah...

doesnt excuse whats right and wrong now, YES he and others were wronged, but that does not mean a person has lost all rights to reasonable protection,that everyone has, against excessive force.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805133
09/20/10 04:46 PM
09/20/10 04:46 PM
Great Lakes Region
A
abodiesonly1 Offline
mopar
abodiesonly1  Offline
mopar
A

Great Lakes Region
Reading this thread makes me a little sad.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: abodiesonly1] #805134
09/20/10 05:44 PM
09/20/10 05:44 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
It should! The fact is police officers or any other "trained personnel" aren't going to be there 99% of the time a crime is comitted. That coupled with the fact "The System" caters to criminals as opposed to the victims only makes getting the appropriate justice less likely.
Even the Supreme Court has ruled police officers are NOT obligated to step in & enforce the law if it seems imprudent (to paraphrase their whole finding). In my 30 years of law enforcement I can tell you sentences are rarely fair & the victims are stuck scratching their head trying to figure out why they even bothered.
Now "Plastic" brings up a (very) few good points in his last post. No, one doesn't go around chasing speeders shouting "citizen's arrest! citizen's arrest!" (for those of you that remember Andy Griffith), BUT when faced with a criminal and you're a victim I qouls hope your "average American male" (whatever that is) would have the stones to at least confront him & if confident enough do EXACTLY the sort of thing Roy did.
And "Plastic", I hate to tell you, but your attitude is only going to make you a victim that will never see justice, as your plan of sitting until the cops come will get you nowhere..........

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805135
09/20/10 06:31 PM
09/20/10 06:31 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
hemi,
JEEZ, I am not saying to sit around and do nothing, I wish I could cuss here cuz its so frustrating, you have this narrow minded vision of a debate here about something, I'm not saying half the crap you and others are implying. BUT if it gets your point of view across then keep throwing it out there.

but you know what? Youre right, OK, everyone here is right, Roy was well within his rights to supposedly break his fingers, and dose him with gasoline and make terroist threats of setting him on fire if he left.. after beating the crap out of him.
youre all RIGHT and I finally see the light of your wisdom, crap i bet that if roy decided to grab a hack saw and take a hand, mount it to the front of his motorhome as a would be reminder to ANYONE that even remotely thought about doing anything wrong against him, well hes within his rights as a victum, and especially because its ROY HILL and its in North Carolina and you know everyone there loves Roy... it'd be like Don Garlits blowing this guys head off at the gator nationals if it happened to him there... gosh why didnt i see it before?

thank you everyone for enlightening me...

no really, THANK YOU... isnt it time to lock this thread?

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805136
09/20/10 06:58 PM
09/20/10 06:58 PM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Plastic I hope your a victom of a robbery one day, you will then see our side. I've been there it sucks.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805137
09/20/10 07:05 PM
09/20/10 07:05 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio

Herb,
Been there, done that, but thanks for wishing ill will on me... appreciate that.

I on the other hand hope you, and everyone else, never have to be a victim of anything like robbery or worse.

Doug

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805138
09/20/10 07:10 PM
09/20/10 07:10 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Maybe I was born in a different neighborhood or a different city,,,but,, if I CAUGHT the guy stealing MY STUFF or ANOTHER RACECS STUFF,, I would ALSO try and beat the DAYLIGHTS out of him and PROBABLY throw WHATEVER I COULD FIND at him !!! As far as STAYING AROUND until the POLICE arrived,,, well,,, That was PRETTY STUPID if you ask me... If you BEAT up someone and are standing right next to them when FIVE-O arrives,,, EXPECT to go to jail !!!! it really doesn't matter WHAT HE DID,, you just BEAT THE GUY UP .. You are WRONG for beating the guy up... Why don't people understand that???? WANNA BE A HERO.. JOIN THE ARMY !!!!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: nosboy] #805139
09/20/10 07:25 PM
09/20/10 07:25 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Maybe Roy should have given him time out instead of knock out.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805140
09/20/10 10:28 PM
09/20/10 10:28 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

if you see someone shop lifting does that give someone the right to go over and beat the crap out of them?
if you see someone running a red light does that give someone the right to go over and run them off the road, slash a tire so they cant drive away?
if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on?

You conveniently ignore the personal aspects of this.
You are comparing apples to golf balls with your argument.
Unless I owned the store , I would certainly drop the dime on a shop lifter to a store employee.
If I owned the store , I would detain them using what ever means were at my disposal.
If someone ran a red light and broad sided my car , I would kick a hole in them and wear them like a snow shoe.........and blame my behavior on being knocked senseless by the impact if the need arose.
The line you are looking for is the personal affront.
What's mine is mine.
If you ask , I would have no problem with borrowing , giving or helping.
If you feel entitled to help yourself to my property , I have a problem with you.
There are degrees.
But breaking into my domicile , whether it is on wheels or not , will net you the sternest possible reaction form me.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805141
09/20/10 10:32 PM
09/20/10 10:32 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on? WHO decides that?

Yes, if it comes to that...I did catch someone trying to shoplift several hundred dollars worth of stuff from me. Met him at the door with a Louisville Slugger. He had the option of putting the stuff back or making me even more angry. He chose the former. He was told not to come back. Maybe I did him a favor and scared him enough that it taught him a lesson, maybe I caused him to decide not do that again to someone else. At least I didn't loose $400 worth of stuff.

I don't know how I would respond if someone blew a red light and injured or killed someone in my family. I hope that never happens.

Who decides? I do. We all have to decide what we will tolerate or how we will respond to bad behavior...and if we are willing to risk the consequences (legal or otherwise) to do the right thing. Allowing yourself to be a victim is not the right thing, you decide if or how you will prevent that.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805142
09/20/10 10:35 PM
09/20/10 10:35 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
Quote:

hemi,
JEEZ, I am not saying to sit around and do nothing, I wish I could cuss here cuz its so frustrating, you have this narrow minded vision of a debate here about something, I'm not saying half the crap you and others are implying. BUT if it gets your point of view across then keep throwing it out there.

but you know what? Youre right, OK, everyone here is right, Roy was well within his rights to supposedly break his fingers, and dose him with gasoline and make terroist threats of setting him on fire if he left.. after beating the crap out of him.
youre all RIGHT and I finally see the light of your wisdom, crap i bet that if roy decided to grab a hack saw and take a hand, mount it to the front of his motorhome as a would be reminder to ANYONE that even remotely thought about doing anything wrong against him, well hes within his rights as a victum, and especially because its ROY HILL and its in North Carolina and you know everyone there loves Roy... it'd be like Don Garlits blowing this guys head off at the gator nationals if it happened to him there... gosh why didnt i see it before?

thank you everyone for enlightening me...

no really, THANK YOU... isnt it time to lock this thread?

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I knew you would see it our way.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 8secDart] #805143
09/20/10 10:47 PM
09/20/10 10:47 PM
saint paul mn.
J
johnzgarage Offline
mopar
johnzgarage  Offline
mopar
J

saint paul mn.
O.K.,.............who's Roy again ???

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805144
09/20/10 10:53 PM
09/20/10 10:53 PM
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

there used to be this saying.....

"You mess with the BULL and youll get the HORN's"

not many here would walk into a pasture with a bull in it...?
Why?
Cause that sucker will cause you bodily harm...

if you make that mistake youll most likely not do it twice...

i have a feeling that fellow got one of those "lifes lessons"

a lesson i assure you will alter his future actions...

you cant put a price in terms of tax dollars to learn the lesson this thief just learned....

if you looking for someone to write a check?

i figure that county owes Roy the big fat Check (figuratively)
imagine all the money he will save the county now that that one perp suffered some real consiquence ?...the percentages of him stealing again im sure just went WAYYYY down.
hard to put a price on that..

the only line was crossed by Roy was the line where Pacifism ended..and consequence began IMHO..

cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805145
09/20/10 11:23 PM
09/20/10 11:23 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
Let's see someone violated someone's space , that someone took action to defend himself , I don't see the issue here. Besides ya'll have already made it clear that Roy is an overweight 65 year old man . He had to do what he had to do to even the playing field. I agree if you jump into a farmers field with the bull don't go running crying when the bull decides to scratch a little dirt to mark his turf.. Down here where we ain't scared to handle our business we call that "Justice served "

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemiparts] #805146
09/20/10 11:53 PM
09/20/10 11:53 PM
Missouri
G
galen Offline
super stock
galen  Offline
super stock
G

Missouri
WOW, I read this whole thing. This is good stuff, and honestly guys I laughed a little.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805147
09/21/10 12:20 AM
09/21/10 12:20 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
Big_Fish Offline
enthusiast
Big_Fish  Offline
enthusiast

Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:

thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

who also wish we could return to the days of not having to lock doors at night, saying hello to strangers on the street, and holding doors for women and children. As for thieves, hang em high.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Big_Fish] #805148
09/21/10 12:44 AM
09/21/10 12:44 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: DCM71cuda] #805149
09/21/10 12:53 AM
09/21/10 12:53 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
My kinda guy. Show some scumbag punk the demons within and things change very quickly..........a little overboard maybe but that`s gangster all the way and he may of actually saved the guys life cos some people I hang with may of ended his day. Hate theives.............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Thumperdart] #805150
09/21/10 12:58 AM
09/21/10 12:58 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Very entertaining thread, and my hat is off to Roy!

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Thumperdart] #805151
09/21/10 12:59 AM
09/21/10 12:59 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
One thing that always surprised me is how people risk life and limb for relatively peanuts. I guess that is why they call it "dope". I mean, most people will do SERIOUS bodily harm to someone they catch stealing their stuff worth less money than an average person can make in half a days honest work!

MB

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HPMike] #805152
09/21/10 01:12 AM
09/21/10 01:12 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
My take is this; we earn the cabbage to buy the things that bring us pleasure and some loser feels he can just take it............I pitty the fool and have ran into many idiots over the years and since I got the strike on my record, I have to be VERY carefull how I react to things and it SUCKS!

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5