09/20/10 02:41 PM
09/20/10 02:41 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Point is the whole don't do anything cause your afraid of what the repercussions may be attitude is what has gotten us where we are now.. Thieves have no fear, if they knew someone would do to them as Roy did to this punk... And that Roy would be treated as the upstanding citizen instead of a criminal himself we might stand a chance of taking our safety & security back...

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805130
09/20/10 03:00 PM
09/20/10 03:00 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

who are you. who is roy to decide what punishment is deserved for anything, yeah the guy shouldnt have been doing it, YEAH good for roy to stop the guy, to stand up to him, BUT WHEN DOES SOMEONE CROSS THE LINE?
my point of getting trained people to take care of this was to the comment that roy needed to ensure his safety, if anyone needs to go to extreme measures to ensure thier safety when other people are around, (let the guy flee, follow him and when he gets into an area say Stop Thief or something... liek all you say Roy is known, I know him from site with that 3 stooges moe haircut and dim smile, I'm sure plenty of people would have helped him subdue this guy...

its sad that people think that abiding by the law doesnt count to them when they catch someone else doing something wrong... he did wrong, so that makes it ok for someone else to do more wrong to him because, "that taught him a lesson".

FAT FAT CHECK with a couple zeros, thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

With all respect, have you ever been robbed, called the police and had nothing done for you, even if you know who did it?

That kid gave up his right to be treated with respect and consideration when he broke into another persons property, regardless what the law in your locale may say. If you want to stand by, watch somebody steal your stuff and then call a "trained" person and expect them to help you, go right ahead. But I can tell you, this "don't be mean to the poor crook" mind set does nothing but embolden him to rob again, maybe from you next time.

Back to the topic. From what I know of Roy, he did indeed exercise a degree of restraint. Frankly, I would expect the same thing to have happened, maybe worse, if that kid would have been caught in any other motorhome there. BTW...posts on other forums are saying that Roy's MH was not the only one entered and other thieves were caught a short distance from the track trying to use stolen credit cards.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: CMcAllister] #805131
09/20/10 03:45 PM
09/20/10 03:45 PM
NC
chris3 Offline
mopar
chris3  Offline
mopar

NC
We have come to a sad state in our country when we have to argue over mistreatment of a thief and apparently from reports other thieves. We have to put away all of our property that we have worked for and lock up everything before leaving the pit area. Either that or someone who has paid their hard earned money to get in the race has to miss the race and stay back to protect equipment from theives. Are we to expect that the security guy who has a job one week-end out of the year is going to great extreme to put his life on the line to protect our property while we are racing. We have do as has been done for many years in this country, take care of the problem.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: chris3] #805132
09/20/10 04:32 PM
09/20/10 04:32 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
if you see someone shop lifting does that give someone the right to go over and beat the crap out of them?
if you see someone running a red light does that give someone the right to go over and run them off the road, slash a tire so they cant drive away?
if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on? WHO decides that?

i'm glad that roy caught the guy stood up to him, caught him and turned him over, lets be really really clear on that, I'm not for the perp and hope the guy gets whats coming to him, but i've only been saying that roy crossed a line in what he did and this glorifying him for what he did as he crossed the line is what bothers me.
ohhhh roy is a bad a--- and back in the day, blah blah blah blah...

doesnt excuse whats right and wrong now, YES he and others were wronged, but that does not mean a person has lost all rights to reasonable protection,that everyone has, against excessive force.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805133
09/20/10 04:46 PM
09/20/10 04:46 PM
Great Lakes Region
A
abodiesonly1 Offline
mopar
abodiesonly1  Offline
mopar
A

Great Lakes Region
Reading this thread makes me a little sad.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: abodiesonly1] #805134
09/20/10 05:44 PM
09/20/10 05:44 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
It should! The fact is police officers or any other "trained personnel" aren't going to be there 99% of the time a crime is comitted. That coupled with the fact "The System" caters to criminals as opposed to the victims only makes getting the appropriate justice less likely.
Even the Supreme Court has ruled police officers are NOT obligated to step in & enforce the law if it seems imprudent (to paraphrase their whole finding). In my 30 years of law enforcement I can tell you sentences are rarely fair & the victims are stuck scratching their head trying to figure out why they even bothered.
Now "Plastic" brings up a (very) few good points in his last post. No, one doesn't go around chasing speeders shouting "citizen's arrest! citizen's arrest!" (for those of you that remember Andy Griffith), BUT when faced with a criminal and you're a victim I qouls hope your "average American male" (whatever that is) would have the stones to at least confront him & if confident enough do EXACTLY the sort of thing Roy did.
And "Plastic", I hate to tell you, but your attitude is only going to make you a victim that will never see justice, as your plan of sitting until the cops come will get you nowhere..........

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemicop] #805135
09/20/10 06:31 PM
09/20/10 06:31 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
hemi,
JEEZ, I am not saying to sit around and do nothing, I wish I could cuss here cuz its so frustrating, you have this narrow minded vision of a debate here about something, I'm not saying half the crap you and others are implying. BUT if it gets your point of view across then keep throwing it out there.

but you know what? Youre right, OK, everyone here is right, Roy was well within his rights to supposedly break his fingers, and dose him with gasoline and make terroist threats of setting him on fire if he left.. after beating the crap out of him.
youre all RIGHT and I finally see the light of your wisdom, crap i bet that if roy decided to grab a hack saw and take a hand, mount it to the front of his motorhome as a would be reminder to ANYONE that even remotely thought about doing anything wrong against him, well hes within his rights as a victum, and especially because its ROY HILL and its in North Carolina and you know everyone there loves Roy... it'd be like Don Garlits blowing this guys head off at the gator nationals if it happened to him there... gosh why didnt i see it before?

thank you everyone for enlightening me...

no really, THANK YOU... isnt it time to lock this thread?

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805136
09/20/10 06:58 PM
09/20/10 06:58 PM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Plastic I hope your a victom of a robbery one day, you will then see our side. I've been there it sucks.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805137
09/20/10 07:05 PM
09/20/10 07:05 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio

Herb,
Been there, done that, but thanks for wishing ill will on me... appreciate that.

I on the other hand hope you, and everyone else, never have to be a victim of anything like robbery or worse.

Doug

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805138
09/20/10 07:10 PM
09/20/10 07:10 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Maybe I was born in a different neighborhood or a different city,,,but,, if I CAUGHT the guy stealing MY STUFF or ANOTHER RACECS STUFF,, I would ALSO try and beat the DAYLIGHTS out of him and PROBABLY throw WHATEVER I COULD FIND at him !!! As far as STAYING AROUND until the POLICE arrived,,, well,,, That was PRETTY STUPID if you ask me... If you BEAT up someone and are standing right next to them when FIVE-O arrives,,, EXPECT to go to jail !!!! it really doesn't matter WHAT HE DID,, you just BEAT THE GUY UP .. You are WRONG for beating the guy up... Why don't people understand that???? WANNA BE A HERO.. JOIN THE ARMY !!!!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: nosboy] #805139
09/20/10 07:25 PM
09/20/10 07:25 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Maybe Roy should have given him time out instead of knock out.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805140
09/20/10 10:28 PM
09/20/10 10:28 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

if you see someone shop lifting does that give someone the right to go over and beat the crap out of them?
if you see someone running a red light does that give someone the right to go over and run them off the road, slash a tire so they cant drive away?
if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on?

You conveniently ignore the personal aspects of this.
You are comparing apples to golf balls with your argument.
Unless I owned the store , I would certainly drop the dime on a shop lifter to a store employee.
If I owned the store , I would detain them using what ever means were at my disposal.
If someone ran a red light and broad sided my car , I would kick a hole in them and wear them like a snow shoe.........and blame my behavior on being knocked senseless by the impact if the need arose.
The line you are looking for is the personal affront.
What's mine is mine.
If you ask , I would have no problem with borrowing , giving or helping.
If you feel entitled to help yourself to my property , I have a problem with you.
There are degrees.
But breaking into my domicile , whether it is on wheels or not , will net you the sternest possible reaction form me.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805141
09/20/10 10:32 PM
09/20/10 10:32 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

if you see someone breaking the law where is the line that you are allowed to act on? WHO decides that?

Yes, if it comes to that...I did catch someone trying to shoplift several hundred dollars worth of stuff from me. Met him at the door with a Louisville Slugger. He had the option of putting the stuff back or making me even more angry. He chose the former. He was told not to come back. Maybe I did him a favor and scared him enough that it taught him a lesson, maybe I caused him to decide not do that again to someone else. At least I didn't loose $400 worth of stuff.

I don't know how I would respond if someone blew a red light and injured or killed someone in my family. I hope that never happens.

Who decides? I do. We all have to decide what we will tolerate or how we will respond to bad behavior...and if we are willing to risk the consequences (legal or otherwise) to do the right thing. Allowing yourself to be a victim is not the right thing, you decide if or how you will prevent that.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805142
09/20/10 10:35 PM
09/20/10 10:35 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
Quote:

hemi,
JEEZ, I am not saying to sit around and do nothing, I wish I could cuss here cuz its so frustrating, you have this narrow minded vision of a debate here about something, I'm not saying half the crap you and others are implying. BUT if it gets your point of view across then keep throwing it out there.

but you know what? Youre right, OK, everyone here is right, Roy was well within his rights to supposedly break his fingers, and dose him with gasoline and make terroist threats of setting him on fire if he left.. after beating the crap out of him.
youre all RIGHT and I finally see the light of your wisdom, crap i bet that if roy decided to grab a hack saw and take a hand, mount it to the front of his motorhome as a would be reminder to ANYONE that even remotely thought about doing anything wrong against him, well hes within his rights as a victum, and especially because its ROY HILL and its in North Carolina and you know everyone there loves Roy... it'd be like Don Garlits blowing this guys head off at the gator nationals if it happened to him there... gosh why didnt i see it before?

thank you everyone for enlightening me...

no really, THANK YOU... isnt it time to lock this thread?

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I knew you would see it our way.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 8secDart] #805143
09/20/10 10:47 PM
09/20/10 10:47 PM
saint paul mn.
J
johnzgarage Offline
mopar
johnzgarage  Offline
mopar
J

saint paul mn.
O.K.,.............who's Roy again ???

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805144
09/20/10 10:53 PM
09/20/10 10:53 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
there used to be this saying.....

"You mess with the BULL and youll get the HORN's"

not many here would walk into a pasture with a bull in it...?
Why?
Cause that sucker will cause you bodily harm...

if you make that mistake youll most likely not do it twice...

i have a feeling that fellow got one of those "lifes lessons"

a lesson i assure you will alter his future actions...

you cant put a price in terms of tax dollars to learn the lesson this thief just learned....

if you looking for someone to write a check?

i figure that county owes Roy the big fat Check (figuratively)
imagine all the money he will save the county now that that one perp suffered some real consiquence ?...the percentages of him stealing again im sure just went WAYYYY down.
hard to put a price on that..

the only line was crossed by Roy was the line where Pacifism ended..and consequence began IMHO..

cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805145
09/20/10 11:23 PM
09/20/10 11:23 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
Let's see someone violated someone's space , that someone took action to defend himself , I don't see the issue here. Besides ya'll have already made it clear that Roy is an overweight 65 year old man . He had to do what he had to do to even the playing field. I agree if you jump into a farmers field with the bull don't go running crying when the bull decides to scratch a little dirt to mark his turf.. Down here where we ain't scared to handle our business we call that "Justice served "

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: hemiparts] #805146
09/20/10 11:53 PM
09/20/10 11:53 PM
Missouri
G
galen Offline
super stock
galen  Offline
super stock
G

Missouri
WOW, I read this whole thing. This is good stuff, and honestly guys I laughed a little.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805147
09/21/10 12:20 AM
09/21/10 12:20 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
Big_Fish Offline
enthusiast
Big_Fish  Offline
enthusiast

Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:

thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

who also wish we could return to the days of not having to lock doors at night, saying hello to strangers on the street, and holding doors for women and children. As for thieves, hang em high.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Big_Fish] #805148
09/21/10 12:44 AM
09/21/10 12:44 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5