09/19/10 10:44 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

just force, that does not mean pouring gasoline on someone...

I don't think so. For a 65 year-old man to REASONABLY detain a felony suspect AND insure his own safety, a REASONABLE person would expect him to resort to something other than shere brute strength,which he may not have. He therefore resorted to other "assets" availible to him & merely threatened the individual. Another way of looking at it is, he was only utilizing his Right of free speech after the "poor, misunderstood" felon "somehow" got gasoline on him. .
GROW UP! Someone stood up to a criminal, the bad guy "lost" & you don't like it!
those that sympathize with the criminal, what would you have Roy do? Let him go? The cops response wouldn't allow for that, so ahe did the best he could with the assets availible....

its not even worth it, I dont feel sorry for the perp, I dont feel like Roy deserves a medal.

its not worth it to explain myself to you or anyone that thinks the good ole days of back yard justice is still justifyable.

if anyone needs to throw a flamable liquid on someone and then threaten them, no Dare them to leave... wow.

I dont feel the guy deserves a break, I am glad that roy caught him and got a couple hits in, but WHERE IS THE LINE???

whats next?

YOU NEED TO GROW UP, it isnt about someone standing up to a criminal, and it isnt that I dont like it, I'm estatic that it happened, but what happened and the hillbilly attitude of WAY TO GO for what happened, is what I dont like... there is justifiable, there is right and then there is going too far, and saying well its in NC and thats his home state so anyone that didnt know roy would.... BS, there is right and wrong, Roy caught the guy doing wrong, and he did wrong in what happened next, detain the guy, call for someone in the next pit to come over and help him, follow him on his pit bike, call security, there were probably a lot more reasonable, YES REASONABLE things he could have done besides dossing the guy with gasoline and threaten him with FIRE if he left.

I hope the guy gets jail time for what he did, btu I hope Roy has to write a FAT check for what he did.

detain and ensure his safety?? if he was worried about his safety then he should have left the guy alone, chase him off, follow him and get TRAINED people to handle it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805110
09/19/10 10:52 PM
09/19/10 10:52 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
Ever wonder why so few people jump off bridges ??? its because of the swift and immediate consequenses

the society we live in today have been brain washed to abolish consequences

i caught 2 kids who broke into my truck and where stealing my possesions..
i beat the shot of out one of them...
and my buddy chased and beat the shot out of the other one..
when the cops showed up...he saw my bloody knuckles and said.."dont tell me..as far as i am concerned you scratched them the getting out of your car in a hurry".
once the cops checked them out..
the criminals had mutiple warrants and one of them had one for Statutory Rape.....
The beating they suffered...was just.as far as I am concerned....
the Cops basically made sure it slid....
Consequenses...for those guys
besides the justice system..i can tell you those guys got a Consequences...they were not expecting that night..
ITS Pretty obvious that these criminals are not afraid of the Authorities...
but if they knew they would be brused,bloddied and sore...i promise they will/would make smarter choices in life....
cheapst

PS. I wouldnt be surprised if Roys Actions cause that guy to change his ways....
and do right in life...
funny how a good ass kikin and the fear of God can do that...

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805111
09/19/10 11:23 PM
09/19/10 11:23 PM
Phoenix,Az.
H
hemicop Offline
super stock
hemicop  Offline
super stock
H

Phoenix,Az.
The fact is "THE SYSTEM" is broken & no one is about to fix it. You can argue all you want as to whether Roy's actions were proper but the FACT IS his behavior resulted in a criminal being arrested, something the police probably would never have done. You're assuming he would have turned the dirtball into NC's version of the "BUrning Man" festival, so who is REALLY accusing him of being a redneck? My only point & opinion is good for Roy for being self-reliant, inventive & courageousenough to stand up to a criminal that was treated far nicer than if I had caught him

Who was it that said: "The only thing needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Obviously roy took that to heart & stepped up when he needed to!

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tboomer] #805112
09/19/10 11:28 PM
09/19/10 11:28 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Big_Fish Offline
enthusiast
Big_Fish  Offline
enthusiast

Pennsylvania, USA
If it was a 12 year old making a stupid mistake and obvious then I would say scare the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] out of him and take him to his parents and perhaps give the dad a wrath of [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in front of the kid. In this case sounds like an adult over 18 who is past the training pants stage. Beat the hell out of him and leave him in a ditch don't waste the call and my tax dollars with the police.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: Big_Fish] #805113
09/19/10 11:44 PM
09/19/10 11:44 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
It's clear you guys don't know Roy,LOL.He didn't get where he is today by being,well one to follow the rules.When did all these pu$$yes get into racing anyway?????????LOL

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #805114
09/19/10 11:56 PM
09/19/10 11:56 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
I can see it now. You stand right there while I dial up the authorities. You really think the thief was going to cooperate without some kind of threat. Give me a brake. Roy just used the tool that was available to hold the POS till the police could come and apprend him. He could have used a bat or a gun but in a pinch I guess gas will do. I can see some of you have not had the taste of being violated by some scum that has no respect for you or your property. When the dirt next dirt bag gets out of jail with a slap on the hand and a pat on the back hopefully they will have computer privileges so they will know who to hit next time with no fear of retaliation.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: dannysbee] #805115
09/20/10 12:31 AM
09/20/10 12:31 AM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
They should give Roy a medal, I'm really tired of all the bleeding hearts in this world feeling sorry for the criminals and making up excuses for them........

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: megajoltman] #805116
09/20/10 01:39 AM
09/20/10 01:39 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Online content
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Online Content
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Probably won't have to worry about that guy trying to steal anything at the racetrack again. That's the idea. Good for Roy.

Herb, keep a couple of cans of wasp and hornet spray around, the kind that sprays 30 feet. That stuff is better than pepper spray. Serious hurt in a can.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: CMcAllister] #805117
09/20/10 02:10 AM
09/20/10 02:10 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Its funny because I have that inside my house. Guess it wouldnt be a bad idea to have it in there.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: bigdad] #805118
09/20/10 03:11 AM
09/20/10 03:11 AM
Worst Weather USA
493_DART Offline
master
493_DART  Offline
master

Worst Weather USA
Quote:

Sounds like an assult charge to me ?

What gives him the authority ?

I agree with him at very least , stopping and detaining the perp but, he can't break the law ?

you cant be serious ?????????????? this thought process...........

your mindset is EXACTLY what is destroying America..
liberalism.

think about it.

any and all criminals should be AT LEAST PHYSICALLY BEATEN WHEN CAUGHT IN THE ACT.

AT LEAST .

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 493_DART] #805119
09/20/10 08:22 AM
09/20/10 08:22 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
I'm going to quote what the guy said when the police got there. "please take me to jail." He better be glad he was caught in his motorhome, at a race your worst enemy might be parked next to you but in the end we are one big family. He better be lucky it wasnt 10,20,or 30 to 1.

Although I can tell you this, he wasnt going anywhere after he was thrown out of Roy's motorhome, hard to move with your hand trapped.

Herb Jr

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805120
09/20/10 09:59 AM
09/20/10 09:59 AM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

if he was worried about his safety then he should have left the guy alone, chase him off, follow him and get TRAINED people to handle it.

Why should any of us have to rely on someone else.....especially a government entity ... to do what is right ?
Trained ?
I've been trained in many things over the years and some of them would insure that this person never stole again.
But to lose the self reliance that made this nation great is a sad thing to ponder.
My garage was broken into a couple months after we moved here........15 + years ago.
After filling out the police report and doing everything that would ever be done regarding the case , the officer asked me " Do you have a gun ? "
I told him I didn't , and his advice was simply " Get one ".
I will not allow myself to be a victim if I can prevent it.
Nor my family , nor a stranger who needs my help.
I am not wired that way , and not only do I see this position as the correct one , but I cannot understand why anyone would think differently.
I fail to see where this thief got anything he didn't deserve.
As I said earlier.......if Roy wanted to host a barbecue , I do believe he would have done just that.
He taught the punk a lesson no court could ever do , and if he has to write out a " fat check " then the lesson was wasted and we all are poorer for it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tubtar] #805121
09/20/10 11:11 AM
09/20/10 11:11 AM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
who are you. who is roy to decide what punishment is deserved for anything, yeah the guy shouldnt have been doing it, YEAH good for roy to stop the guy, to stand up to him, BUT WHEN DOES SOMEONE CROSS THE LINE?
my point of getting trained people to take care of this was to the comment that roy needed to ensure his safety, if anyone needs to go to extreme measures to ensure thier safety when other people are around, (let the guy flee, follow him and when he gets into an area say Stop Thief or something... liek all you say Roy is known, I know him from site with that 3 stooges moe haircut and dim smile, I'm sure plenty of people would have helped him subdue this guy...

its sad that people think that abiding by the law doesnt count to them when they catch someone else doing something wrong... he did wrong, so that makes it ok for someone else to do more wrong to him because, "that taught him a lesson".

FAT FAT CHECK with a couple zeros, thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: tboomer] #805122
09/20/10 11:48 AM
09/20/10 11:48 AM
Delray beach, Florida
P
Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
i can't believe this thread has turned in to a right vs. wrong type scenario.
we have specific laws in Florida on how we're allowed to handle situations like those in the article. deadly force is allowed here if the perp is on your property, no questions asked.
i've been the victim of thieves more than once and will not tolerate it. a simple "pull of the trigger" to the perp ends the crime spree around here. thieves are the scourge of society IMO. whatever happens to them is their tuff luck for choosing that way of life. i'd be more than happy to "guide" the soul of the misguided thief. no mamby pamby's allowed.
Roy should be rewarded for an act of heroism, regardless of the tactics used to "detain: the criminal law breaker. i tip my hat to him.
if you disagree with my opinion, so be it. we'll simply agree to disagree. you handle things your way and i'll do what i feel i need to do. i won't bore you with the story of the 17 year old that broke in to my home more than once about 3 years ago and where he is today.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805123
09/20/10 12:32 PM
09/20/10 12:32 PM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
Quote:

who are you. who is roy to decide what punishment is deserved for anything, yeah the guy shouldnt have been doing it, YEAH good for roy to stop the guy, to stand up to him, BUT WHEN DOES SOMEONE CROSS THE LINE?
my point of getting trained people to take care of this was to the comment that roy needed to ensure his safety, if anyone needs to go to extreme measures to ensure thier safety when other people are around, (let the guy flee, follow him and when he gets into an area say Stop Thief or something... liek all you say Roy is known, I know him from site with that 3 stooges moe haircut and dim smile, I'm sure plenty of people would have helped him subdue this guy...

its sad that people think that abiding by the law doesnt count to them when they catch someone else doing something wrong... he did wrong, so that makes it ok for someone else to do more wrong to him because, "that taught him a lesson".

FAT FAT CHECK with a couple zeros, thats the last i'm gonna say because its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Ok let me see I make a run in my super stock car, I come back to MY MOTORHOME TO COOL OFF, as I walk in there is a guy inside who threatened me, I'm 65 years old and the thief is 20's. The thief makes a move as a motorhome only has one entrance and exit. The problem is he met his match as he lunged for me and said Ill kick your ass old man.......Now am I wrong by kicking his ass out of self defense.......

The bottom line is it was one on one in the motorhome, he was threatened and he did what he had to do.

Herb Jr

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #805124
09/20/10 12:42 PM
09/20/10 12:42 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
So let's get this straight ... He should have let the guy go, then a 65 yr old man should have tried to run him down through a jammed packed pit area screaming STOP THIEF !! over god only knows how much noise and comotion of running cars and fans ??? I think he was within all right to protect his stuff and to do what he had to do. Let's talk to the racers who had their stuff stolen @ the track on Saturday and see if they think Roy was right or wrong. And say what you want if you were one of them I bet you too would have a diffrent opinion..

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: plasticfantastic] #805125
09/20/10 01:20 PM
09/20/10 01:20 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

its obvious there are people on this board that feel there should be people on horseback, roaming the country side with some rope, a gun and a good dose of vigilante justice.

Vigilante justice is far better than the no justice we have currently in California with everyone afraid they'll be sued if they react to the thieves, muggers & rapists...
As was previously mentioned "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Well I'm not willing to let evil prevail.. Wheres my rope...

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #805126
09/20/10 01:57 PM
09/20/10 01:57 PM
Florida
408Dust Offline
super stock
408Dust  Offline
super stock

Florida
Plastic I think we understand your position is this a friend of yours?
Fellows your wasting your time, they can't help it.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 10secGTX] #805127
09/20/10 02:00 PM
09/20/10 02:00 PM
san diego
JonsGottaDusta Offline
master
JonsGottaDusta  Offline
master

san diego
Quote:

Bigdad.....are sure you live in Texas ? I would expect this from someone from California NOT Texas.

Roy deserves a medal or trophy as far as I'm concerned.
I think the gas thing is just a great addition to a good story.

I enjoy the fact that if some intruder comes into my house unwanted, weapon or not, i have the right to use deadly force.

Break out the shotgun.

Re: Roy Hill doing Police work at ZMAX..... [Re: 408Dust] #805128
09/20/10 02:28 PM
09/20/10 02:28 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Plastic I think we understand your position is this a friend of yours?
Fellows your wasting your time, they can't help it.

i dont think people understand my position, i'm not saying that roy shouldnt have defended his motor home, i'm just not reading that he was inside and all, i was under the impression before that he caught him trying to break in, and i was under the impression it wasnt even Roys motorhome. my bad.

i have no idea who the perp is, those that do know wont say either.

I dont condone stealing, I dont condone it at all and to say i'm all for this guy to get off scott free, well you, or whoever doesnt know me at all. i'm just saying that there is a line between right and wrong, and when someone is wronged, that does not give permission to ignore that line and do whatever you feel like doing to someone.

i have no idea who the picture you put up is

the pit area being all noisy and all? according to the reports it was when cars were up in the lanes and the area was dead... except for justice Hill.

whatever.. its done and there isnt any going back, i'll wait for the Lets bail Roy out thread, and i wont say i told you so.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5