09/05/10 12:42 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

current alignment specs are 0,0,0. well, were when ihad it alined a few years ago.

im ordering my 7103's, and grabbing the FMJ spindles. when thats in, ill see what alignment o can get.

car already has subframe connectors.

ill then look between the FFI road race springs (heard that the circle track springs are the same. is this true?) and the hotchkis. obviously, money will play a large role in this. ill then save my pennies for the bilsteins, and see if i need tube uppers.

this sound like a logical, fiscillay sound plan?

michael

Sounds cost effective.

I'd get the shocks before the rear springs. And if you plan on upping the T-bars, do that before the rear springs too.

Re: front suspension geometry upgrades- a-body [Re: ahy] #791619
05/07/11 10:57 PM
05/07/11 10:57 PM
albemarle, NC
D
dusterbd13 Offline OP
enthusiast
dusterbd13  Offline OP
enthusiast
D

albemarle, NC
well, i did some of the first step of this.

the offset bushings, alignement, and FMJ spindles are all in.

i did cheat for alignmnet purposes, though. i used 1/4 inch of hardened steel washers between the LBJ and spindle to build in some more negative camber.

with ,y moog offset bushings, shims, and ride height, i was able to get -1 camber, +4 caster, and 0 toe. the car has no additional noticible bumpsteer, even in compression while cornering. initial bit is greatly improved, front end understeer drastically reducved, and steering feel is increased. havent had it back out on track yet to push it hard, but have gotten abvout 800 street miles (some were very aggressive on the blue ridge parkway) and its working much better so far.

afetr i get some more track time to evaluate its limits, ill see whats next.

i said id update with evaluations and progress as i go.

Michael

Michael Crawford CSP 1970 plymouth Duster back under construction: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.ph...ouring-makeover 1964 el camino beater shop truck 96403-project-drivabeater-2-0-64-el-camino-this-time
Page 2 of 2 1 2