07/11/10 11:45 AM
07/11/10 11:45 AM
Alberta Canada
PossessedDuster Offline OP
enthusiast
PossessedDuster  Offline OP
enthusiast

Alberta Canada
Hang with me cause I find this one is strange.

2 different 2 speed wiper motors have had this issue as well as an old switch and an NOS one.

When the car is not running the wipers run fine and park, with the car at a low idle they will USUALLY park with anything over 1000rpm the wipers stop in an attempt to park when shut off then keep going.

Now on the charging side I have bypassed the amp meter and run an 8 gauge wire from the stock but BOSCH rebuilt alternator to the starter relay stud with fuseable link. I didn;t feel like cutting the freshly taped harness apart when I did this so left the stock charge wire hooked up and feeding into the interior like the factory had it.

Now at idle the car will usually charge around 14.5-14.7 with rpm it will go 14.9-15.2 This is also the case with a new battery and in nearly 2 years I have never killed a bulb fried a wire or damaged a battery. The voltage regulator is a new one from Mopar and I have even tried running a good ground from its case with some of the paint scratched off to the negative side of the battery with no change. I did get some minor sprking when I unbolted the regulator from the firewall while the car was running. Once unbolted the charge dropped down around 12.3v

Also the field wires from the voltage regulator to the alternator are about .7 - 1ohm of resistance respectivly.

Do I have a charging issue, a wiper issue or a combination? The wipers are the only thing that act strange on the car. I know the voltage is a little on the high side but not outrageous.

Re: Wiper and/or charging issue? [Re: PossessedDuster] #745430
07/11/10 11:53 AM
07/11/10 11:53 AM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Is the wiper motor well grounded?

Re: Wiper and/or charging issue? [Re: stumpy] #745431
07/11/10 12:02 PM
07/11/10 12:02 PM
Alberta Canada
PossessedDuster Offline OP
enthusiast
PossessedDuster  Offline OP
enthusiast

Alberta Canada
I've also run a ground from the brass strip on the housing for the ballest to the batt. negative with no change as well as ensuring the switch was grounded with no change.