Well not a lot of progress but while the suspension is out again I repainted everything.The first time I did it I knew nothing of paint or quality of paint so it got the krylon makeover not the most durable.So like a crazy person I redid it.The paint that is on there is custom mixed sherwin williams Industrial paint to be a pretty close match to Black phosphate.I think It turned out good much more durable as well.Hope to get the car off the rotisserie soon.
Got the drivers side quarter on this one did not fit quite as well as the passenger side.Required a little finesse to get it on properly but not to bad.Almost to the really fun part blocking and filling and blocking and blocking did I mention blocking?My body guy has been great with letting me help and teaching me about body work.I am more in his way than helping but I'm learning and can say I helped
Here is another small step.Finished the vent box.turned out nice,hit it with 0000 steel wool then washed real well used sem adhesion promoter and sem landau black.This stuff is great!It is very close to the original platic.Another good tip from here on moparts cleaned the metal part with a dremel and small wire wheel.Hit the whole thing with satin clear.Also had all the hardware done in silver cad.
Well more progress finally.Here are my us car tool subframe connectors almost fully welded in.I was hoping for a better fit,these took almost four hours a side to trim and gring to get to fit right.But overall they look awesome installed
here are some more shots of the sem bed liner.Used ths all under the car and here where everyone will probably freak the interior floors,inside of the doors,inner fenders,trunk everywhere.This stuff is an awesome sound deadener and heat barrier.Took a ride in a car done this same way.The doors sound so solid when shut and is super quiet inside.
Well finally doing some work again Instead of going with a lift off hood I decided to use a super clean flat hood I purchased from a fellow moparts member and make it look like a lift off style hood.I spent a week measuring and remeasuring,and another week getting the stones to actually start cutting.I decided to go this route instead of the fiberglass for two reasons the first is this will be a driver did not want to worry if it was windy and the hood needed to come off,the second was cost I am only in this setup $200 where as I would have been almost $700 for the fiberglass with shipping.Here are a few pics more to come soon.