Quote:

Quote:

And then there's the fact that car guys are a picky bunch. I don't doubt that those heads are WAY better out of the box than any head that came on your original car BUT ... someone tore a set down and they weren't absolutely perfect so now everyone is expecting Super Stock quality parts when that was never the manufacturers intention to provide.

Let's face it guys, $1000 for a pair of aluminum heads is pretty damn cheap. And if you bolted them on with stock hardware (what they're made for) they'd likely work just fine and give you years of trouble-free service.

Well said Stanton!

And it is NOT in your machinist's best interest to inspect a set of Stealths for you and say 'they're fine, there's nothing I could improve on them, send me your short block work only from now on'.

No matter how honest he is, he's got a subconscious need to convince himself (and you) that he has higher skills and quality than mass-production.

And if they were perfect OOB, guys would be bitchin about a $2200 price tag.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.